The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 25, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #15,256 of 18,652
I recently emailed Ibasso about the fact that gapless playback doesn't work well with MP3 files and they have just emailed back to say that it will be fixed with the next firmware release. I didn't expect there to be another one but I am feeling glad that there will be a new one to fix the gapless problem. FLAC works perfect but I have a lot of MP3 files as well.

There is going to be another firmware release? :O Color me excited!

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #15,258 of 18,652
They've told me there will be which will fix the gapless problems. I too am more than a bit pleased. We may have to wait until next year but it will be worth it.

I have had problems with hapless working perfectly. I haven't played attention to whether the files are MP3 or FLAC though. I've heard Rockbox remedies the problem and I'm considering trying it. I'm wondering how exactly it affects the sound on a flat EQ..

I noticed that they have DAC 1.0 drivers on the website, but people have been reporting problems with ASIO. Has anyone tried it with Wasapi? I will test it with Wasapi and J. River tonight.

Oct 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #15,259 of 18,652
No one has problems of short sound interruptions during some flacs reproduction? After being updated to 1.5 my DX50 has started to shows this problem. Especially when a new song starts I have this problem of short interruptions of music. After this initial phase it works normally. This is a bit annoying somethimes.. I've also tried to make a clean install of the firmware but the issue is still there..

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #15,260 of 18,652
I have had problems with hapless working perfectly. I haven't played attention to whether the files are MP3 or FLAC though. I've heard Rockbox remedies the problem and I'm considering trying it. I'm wondering how exactly it affects the sound on a flat EQ..

I noticed that they have DAC 1.0 drivers on the website, but people have been reporting problems with ASIO. Has anyone tried it with Wasapi? I will test it with Wasapi and J. River tonight.

I tried installing Rockbox once, it installed fine but I couldn't find my music anywhere, then the nightmare of uninstalling it, it took me over an hour. I was convinced I had bricked the player so never again but if you can get it to work then go for it. I will not try it again until it becomes an easy installation process like with an iRiver or a Sansa player.

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #15,262 of 18,652

I tried installing Rockbox once, it installed fine but I couldn't find my music anywhere, then the nightmare of uninstalling it, it took me over an hour. I was convinced I had bricked the player so never again but if you can get it to work then go for it. I will not try it again until it becomes an easy installation process like with an iRiver or a Sansa player.

I set it up late night and it took me about five minutes. But it took me about an hour to figure out why my music wasn't showing up! If you decide to do it I don't mind helping you :)

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #15,264 of 18,652
Mine was in Files -> /mnt/external_sdcard for the microsSD slot. And /mnt/sdcard for the internal 8gb memory. You can also set up shortcuts to the RockBox main menu screen on the bottom to make it easier to go back to that folder.

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #15,265 of 18,652
Having used Rockbox on Sansa and iRiver players I was expecting it to be a doddle but I just don't remember seeing that option. I didn't get to hear music played so I can't compare the two sounds qualities but I certainly like the sound of standard 1.5.0 firmware and if they are going to fix gapless with a future firmware update I think I will just stick with Mango to be honest. I will probably just make sure I have a FLAC recording from now on if I know the tracks segue into each other.

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #15,266 of 18,652
Pitty You care about gapless play, otherwise would upgrade to Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 instead of You :wink: 1.5.0 sure sounds great but so far Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 hasn`t been beaten when it comes to lossless files sound quality, imho.

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #15,267 of 18,652

I have this problem playing mostly ALAC and AAC. Sometimes a song starts off several seconds into the song.  It doesn't happen very often.  When I first switched to 1.50, I and others reported some random skipping.  Funny,  it hasn't happened in some time but I've also rescanned the library several items as I've added music. I was just thinking the other day how long it's been since I've had a skip.  Might have something to do with the library scanning but who knows.  
No one has problems of short sound interruptions during some flacs reproduction? After being updated to 1.5 my DX50 has started to shows this problem. Especially when a new song starts I have this problem of short interruptions of music. After this initial phase it works normally. This is a bit annoying somethimes.. I've also tried to make a clean install of the firmware but the issue is still there..

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #15,268 of 18,652
It drives my JH13Pro just fine, not sure if you consider that high or low end
smily_headphones1.gif
. The question is whether you like what you hear I guess.

Just wanna follow up on this, do you have the JH13fp? Also, how bad is the high noise floor issue/hiss with your IEMs + DX50? 

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #15,270 of 18,652
  Pitty You care about gapless play, otherwise would upgrade to Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 instead of You :wink: 1.5.0 sure sounds great but so far Sound Unlocked 1.3.3 hasn`t been beaten when it comes to lossless files sound quality, imho.

My DX50 Rockboxed sounds absolutely phenomenal. And the gapless sounds completely perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back