The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 3, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #5,943 of 18,652
My update to 1.2.3 went super smooth :wink:
Media scanning was not faster at all for me....

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #5,946 of 18,652
It's not gone it just appears only when the update.img file sits in the main dap memory, then the update menu appears. If the file is not there it won't be in the menu.
Ahh thanks

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #5,948 of 18,652
When do we get the actual DX50 FW update with all the changes that were made,rather than the  BETA??

They want to do some further testing and add a few additional improvements. It should be available in the near future depending on how their testing progresses.

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #5,950 of 18,652
what do you mean by confirmation screen for deletes.

When you select a dropdown context menu and accidentally touch "Delete" rather than "Add to Playlist", the file now disappears instantly. Most delete operations have an "Are you sure" screen that you must acknowledge in order to delete the selected file. Now the UI has no such confirmation screen. One will be added to avoid inadvertent deletes.

Nov 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #5,952 of 18,652
I have the C&C BH2 and C5 but I'm still listening to my Westone 4rs using the DX50 headphone out so I will be able to tell how much of an improvement either amp is.

I will be waiting for responce, could you p.m. with your findings as i may miss your posting. I would consider the Jds Labs C5 as well if there is a drastic difference between that and the C&C bh.

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #5,953 of 18,652
Have to say, I am super impressed now with the sound quality from update 1.2.3. There is a definate warm depth now and a bass which (on Grado 325 cans) sounds wonderfully balanced [yet deep and rich where needed] - quite rare on a headphone which is high-end orientated!!
I think the soundstage as well has been improved - It seems a lot more spacious, wide and 3D-ish - its become a real pleasure just to listen to what is going on with all the individual instruments. Im also hearing even more subtlties now in the music.
They seem to have emulated what Grado does - To present a sound which is quite unique, in that one feels very much engaged with the musicians right there on the stage / audience. There seems to be that something special now, almost magical...dare I say it ...mystical now with the quality of the audio
Oh, also when you go back to the list you go back to where you just where instead of starting ack at the begining every time! YES :D
Got to hand it to iBasso, they have my admiration and ears now 100%  :)
One thing though - THE EQ DOES BASICALLY NOTHING ?!?

Nov 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #5,954 of 18,652
  what do you think would be better for the DX50, C&C BH or the Ibasso D zero? these are the two choices im willing to buy. I dont care about the power as much as seperation and mostly transparent. If someone else has a suggestion for another amp or amp/dac in this price range i would like to hear that as well.

I can confidently recommend the D-zero SE version.  The SE version has a 24bit sabre dac, and sounds pretty freaking awesome playing high-rez out of my HTC Butterfly, either with its amp or through my ALO Continental.  From my search it seems it is not on iBasso`s English page, but there are a ton of Japanese sites showing/rating it.  Here`s the amp`s FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.383702481730653.1073741826.153876568046580&type=3

Spec page:

http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/information/3462.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back