The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 3, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #5,911 of 18,652
I know this may sound dumb but can someone tell me why the option to update is gone after 1.2.3

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #5,915 of 18,652
just updated from 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 beta (7th batch) without a hiccup. definitely sounds less warm and more clear, which I like.

who found the 1.2.3 beta update? I didn't see it on ibassos site in the download section

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #5,916 of 18,652
It's not gone it just appears only when the update.img file sits in the main dap memory, then the update menu appears. If the file is not there it won't be in the menu.

It's literally right there in the "read me" lulz

"Instruction For Firmware upgrade:
1, extract the zip file, and copy the update.img into the DX50;
2, select Settings--->Advanced--->System update (the system update option appears after the DX50 has the update.img inside);
3, click OK to start the firmware update;
4, after the firmware update completed, select Settings--->Advanced--->Factory Reset to reset the DX50;
5, delete the update.img."

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #5,917 of 18,652
Finally got the recovery menu to appear after a long while.  Seems to have been blind luck, as I can't really tell when the thing was on or off.  Wish it has a little LED power light or something.  Booting to a black screen and off obviously looks the same, and whenever I put the battery back in it would seemingly turn itself back on to another black screen.  That was all quite horrible, but now am back and running again.

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #5,918 of 18,652
Finally got the recovery menu to appear after a long while.  Seems to have been blind luck, as I can't really tell when the thing was on or off.  Wish it has a little LED power light or something.  Booting to a black screen and off obviously looks the same, and whenever I put the battery back in it would seemingly turn itself back on to another black screen.  That was all quite horrible, but now am back and running again.

It's amazing what a hardware reset can do, sad we have to get to that level to make it work though :frown:

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #5,919 of 18,652
Bass is like a thunder ,very deep, incredible little player
basshead.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #5,923 of 18,652
Man, that bass...

It seems like there is better imaging and separation as well. Slightly larger soundstage?

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #5,925 of 18,652
  I'm not liking what I'm hearing regarding the Base... Hope it's not just cranked up in quantity and the perceived Authority increase in low frequencies is a result of firmware optimization...

You are a hard man to please. To me this is just a wider soundstage, we did not hit those low notes before so now we have it, don't complain embrace it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back