THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread.
Nov 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #796 of 2,209
  Sf you are such a negative nancy.
bigsmile_face.gif
   Get positive= positively awesome 'an go solid state. Be a Solid BRUTHA!

That price can buy you some serious dust...

Next you are gonna be talking about triple-balanced noise filtered quad mini xlr or somesuch thing, but that's okay....

well maybe thats extrapolatin' too far, but as with all hypage,

waiting to let others feel the possible frustration first,

best thing ever, then let them do the hard work first

^ Ninja nicks gonna ninja.
ph34r.gif

whoa that link there.
"Some self-proclaimed audiophile types reckon that the Sennheiser HD800 are the ducks nuts of headphones (and with a $1500 price-tag they would bloody-well wanna be), and yet i would have to say that the 440's are the ducks nuts of headphones..."

I didn't hear that listening to those 440's unless it is Dodge ,., but he's onto something else now right the Shure 750 was it last time?

^ Ducks nuts gonna duck nut.
bigsmile_face.gif

In fact, they don't call you that at all, so I wouldn't even bother paying them nothing.

Your arse better pay up REAL soon, cuz you still owe me 200 BIG ones!!!

You wanna take it to the other thread huh!!!
angry_face.gif

^ this could be you, all you have to do is  let other people buy it first.

^
.. sit yo' @ss down nick, oh wait you can't.
tongue.gif

Yeah, nice rig, what about those?

And how is the knob a "screen"? 
rolleyes.gif

More confusing than a duck nut.

^ Ducks nuts is clear as day meng, only the uninitiated is confused cuz they ain't worthy of that nut. 

Show me whatcha' nutting with!!! Wait....... that sounds so wrong in sooooo many levels.
blink.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #797 of 2,209
  this Red Wine Audio business makes a LOT of sense right now. Better go browse ebay or yahoo Japan that's always safe

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/product/215442 see that rating is absolute bs . I can tell they probably based their ratings off charts and graphs without actually tasting the stuff. I can tell you firsthand right now this is good stuff. Worse than some audio hobbyists we all know. Anyhow i am not detecting a BALANCED taste it is a bit more forward with a smooth top end, the midrange is full bodied and the lows are , well  give me a few more.

^ Wait i know this thread is random as Schiit but how the hell did we get from ducks nuts to that amp/dac thing nick posted to this generic OEM red wine now???
blink.gif

... i must be tipsy. : P

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #798 of 2,209
  this Red Wine Audio business makes a LOT of sense right now. Better go browse ebay or yahoo Japan that's always safe

http://www.bcliquorstores.com/product/215442 see that rating is absolute bs . I can tell they probably based their ratings off charts and graphs without actually tasting the stuff. I can tell you firsthand right now this is good stuff. Worse than some audio hobbyists we all know. Anyhow i am not detecting a BALANCED taste it is a bit more forward with a smooth top end, the midrange is full bodied and the lows are , well  give me a few more.

I think they were trying to get across that it has a somewhat nutty head but with some sort of fruity finish. Thats what leaves the aftertaste unbalanced.

Better of with a Scotch, buy Linn
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #799 of 2,209
  Yeah, nice rig, what about those?

And how is the knob a "screen"? 
rolleyes.gif

More confusing than a duck nut.

It is almost sinful not to buy one at that price. And yet I am unable to pull the trigger on it.

Willpower rocks!

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #800 of 2,209
I can't handle the taste of turpentine hutnicky. Vitis forever.( well maybe some Juniper berry clear stuff )

Should I read into that description lol

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #801 of 2,209

It is almost sinful not to buy one at that price. And yet I am unable to pull the trigger on it.

Willpower rocks!

no big deal really if there's no TRS jack, got an outboard resistor based chrome job waiting here for that , hit up the speaker taps and blammo. Looks really nice and surprisingly powerful, who needs more than that really.

you know the eventuality of the dog gif right, it WILL be snapped up and eaten, it's inevitable.  So go for it. I would if I need another amp.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #802 of 2,209
*UNREAL TOURNAMENT VOICE *

TRIPLLLLE POST

SF that stuff is not generic mang,
well you know:  Amp > dac > HYPE> A&K DAP> RED WINE  MOD > RED WINE > BAD EBAY NIGHT PURCHASING CRAP> hungry DOGS  with wieners on their noses. 

so simple. perfect sense. we are all essentially that dog here= the wiener is the temptation, the eyes show the  suffering that chasing the dragon causes in here. Even a veggie wiener will be chomped.

It is a perfect allegory to our tragic situation.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #803 of 2,209
  I can't handle the taste of turpentine hutnicky. Vitis forever.( well maybe some Juniper berry clear stuff )

Should I read into that description lol

Well i don't actually drink so take it from there.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #804 of 2,209

no big deal really if there's no TRS jack, got an outboard resistor based chrome job waiting here for that , hit up the speaker taps and blammo. Looks really nice and surprisingly powerful, who needs more than that really.

you know the eventuality of the dog gif right, it WILL be snapped up and eaten, it's inevitable.  So go for it. I would if I need another amp.

Speaking sort of, about that. Have you ever in your travels heard of a resistor system for running headphones off an internally bridged (ie:Tripath 2020type) amp? I found a guy who claimed to have done it with no problems a ways back and damned if I can relocate the web page.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #805 of 2,209
no never have seen that type of resistor thing. Will try to remember and have a peek around. AudioKarma maybe?

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #806 of 2,209
  no never have seen that type of resistor thing. Will try to remember and have a peek around. AudioKarma maybe?

No for some reason I think it was a professional audio engineering hangout.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #807 of 2,209
  *UNREAL TOURNAMENT VOICE *

TRIPLLLLE POST

SF that stuff is not generic mang,
well you know:  Amp > dac > HYPE> A&K DAP> RED WINE  MOD > RED WINE > BAD EBAY NIGHT PURCHASING CRAP> hungry DOGS  with wieners on their noses. 

so simple. perfect sense. we are all essentially that dog here= the wiener is the temptation, the eyes show the  suffering that chasing the dragon causes in here. Even a veggie wiener will be chomped.

It is a perfect allegory to our tragic situation.

^ Welp now it ALL makes sense to me thanks for the explanation.
blink.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #808 of 2,209

Ah c'mon nick, that's what this entire thread is ALL about. Get with the program.
wink.gif

Plus i gots my sugar daddy hookups already, no worries .
tongue.gif

*in deep manly voice* I always got yo back baby 
  ^ Welp now it ALL makes sense to me thanks for the explanation.
blink.gif

DOES it really? 

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #810 of 2,209

Users who are viewing this thread

Back