The Hybrid IEM Thread... The Best of Both Worlds?
Jan 18, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #92 of 236
I really just don't understand how its not standard on $100+ IEMs...by this point the bulk of research on IEM technology is old news, even hybrid configurations have been done by multiple companies now for a few years, so all we're talking now is aesthetic design, parts, and manufacturing; adding replaceable cables can't be but a few dollars more per unit at most. Really no reason the big guys like AKG and
Amen on replaceable cables!

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #94 of 236
T-PEOS-H 100 is a horrible hybrid. DUNU, OM Audio, Sony, and Astrotec know how to make a great hybrid. T- PEOS forgets to put mids into their hybrid. Sad.

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #96 of 236
They rectified that with the H-200, which is on a level with the DN-1000.

Oh I know that. I was speaking directly about the H-100. I've heard really good things about the H-200 from fellow headfi'ers.

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #97 of 236
Oh I know that. I was speaking directly about the H-100. I've heard really good things about the H-200 from fellow headfi'ers.

Yes, that is how I feel towards the H-100 as well. T-Peos I own and really really enjoy them but it still has its flaws. Be looking out for the H-150 and the H-300 soon to come.

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #98 of 236
The H-100J (J standing for Junior) is the lowest budget hybrid that T-Peos came out with. Not necessarily successor to the H-100 as it is marked at almost half it's price but it feels like it does when you listen to it. I have to give it to the T-Peos on clarity and amazing bass extension. The mids could use a lot of fixing on all their hybrid models.

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #99 of 236
I'm sorry if i forgot to write in an introduction thread or something alike (i'm new here).
I just have one question: What sub-300$ IEM's are there on the market right now, that can rival the bass f the super.fi 5 eb?
Thank you all 
wink_face.gif

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #100 of 236
I'm sorry if i forgot to write in an introduction thread or something alike (i'm new here).
I just have one question: What sub-300$ IEM's are there on the market right now, that can rival the bass f the super.fi 5 eb?
Thank you all :wink_face:

As this is a thread about hybrids, Sony XBA-H3. I haven't listened to super.fi 5 eb, but there are very few iems which can compete with H3 when it comes to bass, dynamic or hybrid or balanced armatures.

Feb 3, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #101 of 236
As this is a thread about hybrids, Sony XBA-H3. I haven't listened to super.fi 5 eb, but there are very few iems which can compete with H3 when it comes to bass, dynamic or hybrid or balanced armatures.

Thank you for your answer, is there anybody else that already listened to the 5Eb? Don't want to offend anyone, but i doubt anyone can really imagine the bass that the 5eb is creating without hearing it. It's a bass monster, and i already listened to so many alleged alternatives that didn't even came near.

Thanks buddys

Feb 6, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #102 of 236
Keep this thread going!  I'm interested on trying a hybrid IEM.  Seems like the Astrotec AX-30 or AX-35 are a good place to start given their price?

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #103 of 236
Seems TPEOS is out of favor. They posted about a new hybrid, the H-300, earlier today. I guess the H-200 wasn't that good compared to the DN-1000 so the H-300 might have a lot to prove that it is worth the price they want for it.

Never had any TPEOS phone myself but it seems they are always flawed here and there along certain areas of the F.R. They even mention addressing the flaws with the H-200 in the H-300 announcement but it seems they need to do more than just make corrections on the H-200 but overall SQ improvement as well.

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #104 of 236
Seems TPEOS is out of favor. They posted about a new hybrid, the H-300, earlier today. I guess the H-200 wasn't that good compared to the DN-1000 so the H-300 might have a lot to prove that it is worth the price they want for it.

Never had any TPEOS phone myself but it seems they are always flawed here and there along certain areas of the F.R. They even mention addressing the flaws with the H-200 in the H-300 announcement but it seems they need to do more than just make corrections on the H-200 but overall SQ improvement as well.

It wasn't that H-200 had any serious flaws, I think T-Peos have used the wrong word there, maybe weakness would of been a better phrase. H-200 is far better to my ears than Westone 4,TF10, GR07 and still competing with DN -1000 in the threads. It's kind of close enough to be a preference decision. For me I find the Dunu soundstage larger, the mids are smoother sounding. But in the other hand H -200 does have more clarity, tighter faster bass with better detail. T-Peos really get the low end right on every model, they're really only fine tuning for H-300.

Feb 20, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #105 of 236
It wasn't that H-200 had any serious flaws, I think T-Peos have used the wrong word there, maybe weakness would of been a better phrase. H-200 is far better to my ears than Westone 4,TF10, GR07 and still competing with DN -1000 in the threads. It's kind of close enough to be a preference decision. For me I find the Dunu soundstage larger, the mids are smoother sounding. But in the other hand H -200 does have more clarity, tighter faster bass with better detail. T-Peos really get the low end right on every model, they're really only fine tuning for H-300.

I would like to second that notion :) Any news of when you're gonna get yours H20? I think I will be receiving my pair sometime early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back