The Hifiman RE2000 - a high end dynamic IEM
Sep 25, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #571 of 627
@SeeSax that is an extremely good write up for anyone looking into the re2000. It is great to have the comparisons which helps me a lot understand the IEM better through comparisons of other IEMs.

I have not heard back from @TeamHiFiMAN

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #572 of 627
My in-depth written review on HIFIMAN RE2000 Silver is live now!! Truly impressive, the sound of the original 2000 USD RE2000 Gold, but this time at a better price! Also, I enjoy the silver color quite a lot!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/10/flagship-now-affordable-hifiman-re2000-silver.html

HIFIMAN-RE2000-Silver-IEMs-Flagship-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-39.jpg

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #573 of 627
My in-depth written review on HIFIMAN RE2000 Silver is live now!! Truly impressive, the sound of the original 2000 USD RE2000 Gold, but this time at a better price! Also, I enjoy the silver color quite a lot!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/10/flagship-now-affordable-hifiman-re2000-silver.html

HIFIMAN-RE2000-Silver-IEMs-Flagship-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-39.jpg

Hello George,

I have read with interest your reviews of RE800s and RE2000s.

I actually have Sundara, powered by Chord Mojo, and I really love its natural sound. Between RE800s and RE2000s, which one has the sound signature closer to Sundara ?

I feel that RE800s at 300$ is a real bargain.

Thx

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #574 of 627
Well, at the moment they are the most resolving IEM I have in my collection. Surely I haven't tested everything and RE-2000 comes at a very high price tag, but it is an interesting to have something to benchmark against.

Hello,
Does this hold true even in 2019 with so many highe end IEMs around, and of course, the Chi Fi collection?

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #575 of 627
Has anyone paired Cayin N6ii with RE 2000, how do they pair up?

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #576 of 627
The tour RE2000 arrived at my door yesterday. Here are my initial thoughts that I wrote in my phone while listening to them for about 3 hours total:

Smooth
Tight bass. Not too much. A mixture of sub and mid bass. Somewhere in-between.
Treble is smooth
Mids are present and smooth. Very mild V
Will work really well for long listening sessions
Short tip
Shallow insert. Spiral dots worked well for me.
Comfortable
Worthy of the price tag
Very light.
DD sound of these do remind me of B &W floorstanding speakers in the $2500 range.
Average imaging
5th row seating.

Not front row
Not distant
Works for all genres
Not bass head
Not hot annoying longer session treble
Not cold
Not analytical
Not boring

Oct 16, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #577 of 627
The tour RE2000 arrived at my door yesterday. Here are my initial thoughts that I wrote in my phone while listening to them for about 3 hours total:

Smooth
Tight bass. Not too much. A mixture of sub and mid bass. Somewhere in-between.
Treble is smooth
Mids are present and smooth. Very mild V
Will work really well for long listening sessions
Short tip
Shallow insert. Spiral dots worked well for me.
Comfortable
Worthy of the price tag
Very light.
DD sound of these do remind me of B &W floorstanding speakers in the $2500 range.
Average imaging
5th row seating.

Not front row
Not distant
Works for all genres
Not bass head
Not hot annoying longer session treble
Not cold
Not analytical
Not boring
I agree with what you're hearing. These are very well balanced earphones. I'm using the Symbio W wide bore eartips and they work fantastically with the RE2000's.

Oct 21, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #579 of 627
Hello George,

I have read with interest your reviews of RE800s and RE2000s.

I actually have Sundara, powered by Chord Mojo, and I really love its natural sound. Between RE800s and RE2000s, which one has the sound signature closer to Sundara ?

I feel that RE800s at 300$ is a real bargain.

Thx

I think that RE800S is a bit closer to Sundara, it is a bit more V-shaped, although both are pretty close. The 300 USD price point on RE800S is a real bargain, and I'd suggesting starting from there if you don't feel like going all-in with RE2000S, both IEMs have the same driver inside, and they should sound a little similar, RE2000 is just the more refined version, where RE800S is the budget one

Hello,
Does this hold true even in 2019 with so many highe end IEMs around, and of course, the Chi Fi collection?

YES, the review has just been posted, most of the Chi Fi are really amazing for what they are, options for great quality on a budget, they filled a gap in what you could get for really cheap, but both RE2000S and RE800S have a place in today's market, at least in my opinion :)

HIFIMAN is from China as well though, they just provide what ChiFi at a higher price would look like, amazing performance :)

Oct 22, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #580 of 627
I have been able to spend more time with the RE2000 over the past week. I do not have much to add to what I posted above except complete sentences and that the RE2000 is the real deal. Excellent DD Timbre. Hold on that was not a complete sentence :)

The RE2000 has correct timbre and the sub bass is a joy with a smooth flow into the mid bass that does not bleed anywhere else. The treble is neither hot nor non-present. It is also correct. This is a safe IEM that really does sound like a smooth 2 channel system.

The fit for me is excellent and comfortable for long sessions.

I have no issue recommending the RE2000 to someone that wants a smooth sounding IEM with everything present. It may have a mild V signature but I am doubting that right now. The vocals are appropriately forward and not sitting annoyingly back behind the bass or treble.

Well done Hifiman!

Mark

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #581 of 627
I have been able to spend more time with the RE2000 over the past week. I do not have much to add to what I posted above except complete sentences and that the RE2000 is the real deal. Excellent DD Timbre. Hold on that was not a complete sentence :)

The RE2000 has correct timbre and the sub bass is a joy with a smooth flow into the mid bass that does not bleed anywhere else. The treble is neither hot nor non-present. It is also correct. This is a safe IEM that really does sound like a smooth 2 channel system.

The fit for me is excellent and comfortable for long sessions.

I have no issue recommending the RE2000 to someone that wants a smooth sounding IEM with everything present. It may have a mild V signature but I am doubting that right now. The vocals are appropriately forward and not sitting annoyingly back behind the bass or treble.

Well done Hifiman!

Mark
I have to agree, the RE2000’s are very, very good sounding IEM’s. They are nicely balanced sounding as well.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #582 of 627
I have to agree, the RE2000’s are very, very good sounding IEM’s. They are nicely balanced sounding as well.

I‘m a big fan of RE2000S too, but was a little suprised, that crinacle gave the golden version only a “B” (“Lively sound with great technicalities and substandard tonality”)

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #583 of 627
Cable broke on my RE2000 today. Any recommendations for replacements? I'm not a believer in cables making significant differences in sound, so comfort and price and my priorities.

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #585 of 627
I‘m a big fan of RE2000S too, but was a little suprised, that crinacle gave the golden version only a “B” (“Lively sound with great technicalities and substandard tonality”)

I wondered about that as well. Could it have been that it wasn't using the stock tips but some others that made them sound wonky? He only seems to have listened to them briefly in a store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back