1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Hifiman RE2000 - a high end dynamic IEM

First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
  1. TeamHiFiMAN
    I can assure it is all feedback that is being taken note of.

Mark

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
  2. Currawong Contributor
    The biggest issue I had with the tips was that some that I tried other than the stock ones would mess up the sound. Spinfit and Final Type E seem to be OK, not changing much, the latter bringing out more bass.

I have the Cayin N8 here incidentally, and that, with its somewhat "bloomy" tube mode is a nice match with the RE2000, especially with the strong power output.

3. SilverEars
    That graph seems show the portion in regards to certain vocal tracks I found a bit sibilant and overly texturey, although on the ball park seems like a sort of a target response. I would prefer 5-7k somewhat alleviated.

Overall, I really like the driver that's inside. I can hear the quick airy response. Although tonality not perfectly my preference particularly for certain vocals, I really do like the driver performance. Bass is quite good.

4. SilverEars
    I'm realizing the dynamic driver potential with the RE2000. When I go back to my multi-BA, there's something missing that dynamic driver provides. RE2000 convinces me that dynamic drivers are quite technical in ability to express music. I think the bass on these trumps any BA bass I've heard. It's impactful, dynamic, and just so articulate.

More I listen to these, more impressed I am with these. Sound is so crisp and detailed. Sound stage spatial qualities and the airyness, the separation, the distinctness (clarity) of sounds, it meet the technicalities for sure. The bass doesn't have the bloom qualities that dynamic drives can have (like large quantity of soft or bloomy bass lacking tightness or articulation). It's tight, well controlled bass. Great, great bass! I like it alot. When I switch over to BA, I can hear the area of the bass being small, but with these the bass area is quite large with tight response. I don't think it's all that common to have such level of tight bass response with dynamic drivers. The way it moves air is quite interesting!

It took me some time, but I've gotten to the point of realizing how great these are! So I think it takes some times to fully realize them.

It's interesting how Hifiman makes great drivers, but stuff around it doesn't get fine-tuned (like what comes in the box, the visual design). I guess sound has always been the biggest draw for Hifiman. But, it makes no sense that the presentation should be like it is. The presentation undermines the inner core.

Anyway, I've been using the Sony MH755 tips, and they work best for me. It's not any of the provided tips. Suprise, surprise...

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Dobrescu George likes this.
  5. Dobrescu George
    I've been realising that all HIFIMAN Headphones are like that actually, such outstanding sound. Sundara, RE2000, Arya, HIFIMAN makes good sound.

I'm curious what will happen when the presentation of the product, and the cable / tips will become better :)

B9Scrambler likes this.
  6. Niyologist
    After a few days of listening to this Tour Unit. I had noticed that this IEM does really well with female vocals, but falls short on male vocals in terms of presence and forwardness. This IEM is certainly mid centric and has great clarity. Although in comparison to my ME.1 and MDP, it has a different approach to sonic performance and sound signature. Out of the three, the RE2000 Silver seems to be the most bass light and the most accurate on bass tonality. For the mids, the RE2000 Silver is the most forward. As for the treble, the MDP is the most forward. As for best tonality for mids, that goes to the ME.1. Overall, I enjoy the very spacious, detailed, nimble, and slightly bright sounds of the RE2000 Silver.

Is the whole package worth $799? Maybe. Maybe not. It is missing certain qualities. For example, the accuracy seems a little wonky. It has something to do with the positional cues. Also, the isolation for a closed back IEM is average at best. Another problem is the carrying case. Don't get me wrong. I like the design of the metal brush case, but It's difficult to put the detachable cables in the case with the IEMs. Also, the detachable cables seem a little strange in terms of build quality. While it's rubbery and strong, it seems a bit basic. Overall, I'd say that this IEM has potential, but it needs more adjustments in the mids, treble, dynamics, and accuracy. Otherwise, I'd say not bad to this one.

7. Niyologist
    I'll try the stock tips again.

8. brams
    Due to the short nozzle resulting in shallower insertion it was necessary (at least for me) to use slightly larger eartips than I normally would to get a good fit and seal. Spinfits, which typically work well for me did not do so well with these earphones. In fact, most of the tips I had on hand gave just OK results.

I ended up using Symbio eartips one size larger to get a good fit and have been very happy with the results.

9. Niyologist
    After listening to some music by Instrumental Core and selecting the proper ear tips. I have heard some serious improvements from the same tracks from Instrumental Core.

I used Large Red Core ear tips that came from my Fiio F1.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Dobrescu George likes this.
First

Back
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37