The Hifiman RE2000 - a high end dynamic IEM
Nov 12, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #407 of 627
I'm definitely thinking about jumping on these

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #408 of 627
I'm definitely thinking about jumping on these

giphy.gif

---

Seriously though, it is supposed that both sound exactly the same as the originals, but much less expensive :)

I did a review on both RE2000 and RE800, and will also do a review on the silver versions soon. You can take a look here, and if you have any questions I'd be glad to help!

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2017/11/hifiman-re2000-amazing-ample-absolute.html

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2017/10/hifiman-re800-outstanding-engaging-vivid.html

Nov 12, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #410 of 627
giphy.gif

---

Seriously though, it is supposed that both sound exactly the same as the originals, but much less expensive :)

I did a review on both RE2000 and RE800, and will also do a review on the silver versions soon. You can take a look here, and if you have any questions I'd be glad to help!

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2017/11/hifiman-re2000-amazing-ample-absolute.html

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2017/10/hifiman-re800-outstanding-engaging-vivid.html
Great review @Dobrescu George. Do you know if the silver version has the same brass housing with a different exterior coating?

Nov 12, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #412 of 627
Great review @Dobrescu George. Do you know if the silver version has the same brass housing with a different exterior coating?

Silver versions have aluminum housing (lighter for sure). Sound of RE2000 and RE800 "silver" is different from "gold", and the difference is quite noticeable, especially in RE800. Overloaded with too many reviews, but will get to these silver bullets soon.

hifiman_silver_re800-x01.jpg hifiman_silver_re2000-x01.jpg

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #413 of 627
Silver versions have aluminum housing (lighter for sure). Sound of RE2000 and RE800 "silver" is different from "gold", and the difference is quite noticeable, especially in RE800. Overloaded with too many reviews, but will get to these silver bullets soon.

Yeah, I was afraid they were going to sound the same but they definitely do not. Personally, I like the silver models more, esp. in regards to the RE800. Looking forward to your reviews :beerchug:

Nov 12, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #414 of 627

What are the major changes Alex?

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #415 of 627
What are the major changes Alex?

With RE800 the most noticeable change is in a lifted sub-/mid-bass and lower mids. Upper mids and treble are the same, but with a lift in bass (gotta be at least 3dB) the signature is more v-shaped and 7k treble peak is not as much in-your-face. With RE2000, the bass is a little attenuated down and 5k-5.5k peak is narrower (in comparison to gold RE2k). As a result, lower treble sounds more natural and overall signature is more balanced. And of course, lighter weight is a plus. While Re2k shape of the shell is still the same, lighter weight improves the comfort of the fit.

I will PM you my measurements Paul.

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #416 of 627
With RE800 the most noticeable change is in a lifted sub-/mid-bass and lower mids. Upper mids and treble are the same, but with a lift in bass (gotta be at least 3dB) the signature is more v-shaped and 7k treble peak is not as much in-your-face. With RE2000, the bass is a little attenuated down and 5k-5.5k peak is narrower (in comparison to gold RE2k). As a result, lower treble sounds more natural and overall signature is more balanced. And of course, lighter weight is a plus. While Re2k shape of the shell is still the same, lighter weight improves the comfort of the fit.

Nice findings, Alex!

I haven't listened to them quite yet, cool to know the made them more balanced!

Nov 13, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #417 of 627

Thanks for the reply @twister6. I hope the RE2000 silver fairs better and matches the sound qualities of the gold variant.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #418 of 627

Very timely impressions. I was thinking of jumping on the silver re2000 on the assumption that it sounded identical to the gold, but was wondering if this would be too much like my Noble Encore. Attempting to infer the differences based on your re2000 comparison to the k10U (which I no longer own) is now complicated by your feedback that the silver sounds different and possibly better than the gold.

Decisions, decisions ....

Nov 13, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #419 of 627
Very timely impressions. I was thinking of jumping on the silver re2000 on the assumption that it sounded identical to the gold, but was wondering if this would be too much like my Noble Encore. Attempting to infer the differences based on your re2000 comparison to the k10U (which I no longer own) is now complicated by your feedback that the silver sounds different and possibly better than the gold.

Decisions, decisions ....

It all depends on your sound preference. While for me it sounds better - that's my personal taste, while I know that treble heads and high-res junkies will prefer it the other way :wink:

Nov 13, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #420 of 627
The bass being attenuated down would probably be a deal breaker for me, not sure. I would definitely have to hear the silver version! I love the bass quantity on the Gold version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back