The Hifiman RE2000 - a high end dynamic IEM
Oct 23, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #391 of 627
Oh yes, there is a different thread for RE2000 Silver? :)

I'm going to be looking into them, and I was curious if one can find the thread for them somewhere else, or if people will be reporting news about them in this thread as well

It would make sense for it to be covered here since they're still an RE2000 variant :)

Oct 23, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #393 of 627
Let's do this!

I was actually asking because there aren't quite that many impressions of them yet...

So true. I've only seen very limited impressions and a couple reviews, one in Japanese (I think). Hoping to get a set in my ears in the near future if at all possible. I'm most excited for the move to a straight jack, lol.

Oct 24, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #394 of 627
Let's do this!

I was actually asking because there aren't quite that many impressions of them yet...

So true. I've only seen very limited impressions and a couple reviews, one in Japanese (I think). Hoping to get a set in my ears in the near future if at all possible. I'm most excited for the move to a straight jack, lol.

I haven't heard the golds but I have the silver. I assume they're meant to sound the same? I mean, I can't imagine the golds sounding any better - the RE2000 are some of the best headphones I've ever heard period, and I find them more engaging to listen to than either the Sennheiser HD820 or Focal Utopia.

Only problem is I'm currently in love with RHA's CL2, which I doesnt sound as big, has a less pleasant FR, and misses some of that speaker-like energy, but beats the RE2000 in sheer resolution + isolation, comfort, etc.

If someone could combine these two headphones I'd be set for life, I think.

Oct 24, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #395 of 627
As far as I know, the silver are exactly the same as the gold. Just a different cheaper finish, thats all :)

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #397 of 627
Hey there guys I just wanted to know if anybody has heard the fitear tg 334 against the re2000, I have a few iems that I am interested one in particular being the rha cl2 but I have had chance to listen to it yet, I have heard the re2000 for a short time and it was very nice sounding iem, if anyone has heard the tg334 and the re2000 and if you could kindly inform me in terms of their sound differences and which one might be better, I listen to everything from rock, hippop, triphop , thanks any info will kind of direct me towards the iem I want to purchase

Nov 5, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #398 of 627
Hey there guys I just wanted to know if anybody has heard the fitear tg 334 against the re2000, I have a few iems that I am interested one in particular being the rha cl2 but I have had chance to listen to it yet, I have heard the re2000 for a short time and it was very nice sounding iem, if anyone has heard the tg334 and the re2000 and if you could kindly inform me in terms of their sound differences and which one might be better, I listen to everything from rock, hippop, triphop , thanks any info will kind of direct me towards the iem I want to purchase

I haven't heard TG334, but I have RE2000 Silver, and Campfire Atlas, as well as a few other flagships in my hands. What kind of sound are you looking for? What did you like about RE2000, and what did you wanted to be differewnt?

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #399 of 627
I liked the frequency and balance of the re2000, I heard it at a iem store, I listen to mostly hippop, triphop, vocals, rnb, jazz and lofi, I have gone through the following iems ie800, pfe 232, earsonics velvet/sm64, ca andromeda and few other but to me the coherency and the smooth resolving character of the re2000 was very inviting, anyhow I want a iem to have the following sonic qualities I want it to have good clarity imaging/soundstage, nice little bass not to over bearing, a little mid forward warmish mids and nice extended treble but not being sibliant, do you think the re2000 fits into that requirement

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #400 of 627
I liked the frequency and balance of the re2000, I heard it at a iem store, I listen to mostly hippop, triphop, vocals, rnb, jazz and lofi, I have gone through the following iems ie800, pfe 232, earsonics velvet/sm64, ca andromeda and few other but to me the coherency and the smooth resolving character of the re2000 was very inviting, anyhow I want a iem to have the following sonic qualities I want it to have good clarity imaging/soundstage, nice little bass not to over bearing, a little mid forward warmish mids and nice extended treble but not being sibliant, do you think the re2000 fits into that requirement

They have a rather strong bass, one of the best and most visceral I've ever heard in an in-ear, they have a somewhat slightly recessed midrange, and a sparkly treble, with a lot of energy and detail. In the midrange, they have some of the best textures and detail + micro detail a IEM ever had, and their imaging and instrument separation is phenomenal. I think RE2000 is not sibilant at all, but it is energetic, not smooth in the treble :)

They are a personal favorite actually, but I also like IE800 quite a lot, how do you feel about them? RE2000 is an upgrade in terms of midrange details and even bass viscerality, curious how you heard IE800, and what you liked, and didn't like about Ie800 when you tried them :)

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #401 of 627
To be honest the ie800 was my first leap into the hifi audio, I had the ie80 for a while but the bass was big and bloated and the mids were recessed so much, the ie800 had great bass and an almost effortless midrange a little thin to be honest and the treble extended a fair bit and was a little hot at times, the reason I sold it was easy to guess it was the bloody crappy micro-phonic cable and the weird tips, if only if sennheiser were to do as I thought they should have done,simply put the ie800 dynamic driver into the body of the ie80, maybe make the ie80 body of cermaic or material with less resonating, reduce the treble a little ,bring the mids just a fraction forward and reduce midbass a fraction, they would crack the big leagues and would be the ultimate totl iem, as the ie80 shape and design is almost perfect for most ears and the cable is replaceable as well, sennheiser lost a huge fraction of customers because of their stupid design choices, only if they actually redesign and implement it properly then they can actually make a huge difference.

Nov 6, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #402 of 627
They have a rather strong bass, one of the best and most visceral I've ever heard in an in-ear, they have a somewhat slightly recessed midrange, and a sparkly treble, with a lot of energy and detail. In the midrange, they have some of the best textures and detail + micro detail a IEM ever had, and their imaging and instrument separation is phenomenal. I think RE2000 is not sibilant at all, but it is energetic, not smooth in the treble :)

They are a personal favorite actually, but I also like IE800 quite a lot, how do you feel about them? RE2000 is an upgrade in terms of midrange details and even bass viscerality, curious how you heard IE800, and what you liked, and didn't like about Ie800 when you tried them :)

What tips are you using, these greatly influence the sound of the RE2000.

I wouldn't call the bass strong, it is ever so slightly boosted over the rest of the range, but still well balanced overall, it has good punch when called for but is not visceral like the Atlas for example.

Nov 6, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #403 of 627
To be honest the ie800 was my first leap into the hifi audio, I had the ie80 for a while but the bass was big and bloated and the mids were recessed so much, the ie800 had great bass and an almost effortless midrange a little thin to be honest and the treble extended a fair bit and was a little hot at times, the reason I sold it was easy to guess it was the bloody ****ty micro-phonic cable and the weird tips, if only if sennheiser were to do as I thought they should have done,simply put the ie800 dynamic driver into the body of the ie80, maybe make the ie80 body of cermaic or material with less resonating, reduce the treble a little ,bring the mids just a fraction forward and reduce midbass a fraction, they would crack the big leagues and would be the ultimate totl iem, as the ie80 shape and design is almost perfect for most ears and the cable is replaceable as well, sennheiser lost a huge fraction of customers because of their stupid design choices, only if they actually redesign and implement it properly then they can actually make a huge difference.

I see :)

I think RE2000 would be a great upgrade for you in this situation :)

What tips are you using, these greatly influence the sound of the RE2000.

I wouldn't call the bass strong, it is ever so slightly boosted over the rest of the range, but still well balanced overall, it has good punch when called for but is not visceral like the Atlas for example.

You could read this thread a little, or my full in-depth review, I used Spinfit tips with RE2000, and I quote my impressions with those tips as they are the minimum I'd use with RE2000. Stock tips were not a good match for comfort, and Spinfit is the easiest to find and get from most of the aftermarket tips.

I think the bass is quite visceral in its power, it is not boomy nor exaggerated in presence, but the detail and power it can have is phenomenal. One of the thing me and most friends who tried them whom I know have agreed upon is that the bass is quite excellent. It is not Xelento levels of amount by any means, but it is above what would be neutral, by a fair margin.

Nov 7, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #404 of 627
Okay, so I went ahead and ordered a cable replacement for RE2000 the gold edition :)

I needed the Single Ended cable, as the one with the Balanced connector didn't quite do the trick.

My experience so far, was absolutely phenomenal. From the moment of order, it took the cable less than 3 days to get to me. This is going from China to Romania, this is basically quicker than Meze cables got to me, and they are also Romanian. If you ever wondered how the service for HIFIMAN is when it comes to their cables, it is incredible. I mean it, I couldn't believe how quick this went! :)

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #405 of 627

Users who are viewing this thread

Back