The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Apr 5, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #736 of 6,859
Well, I’ve been umming and ahhhing for a while now................
and..............im in
#1143! :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #737 of 6,859
Joe, your communication and customer support have been great so far! Why do you have to make a promised item a stretch goal now?

The leather case, an additional transparent case or a case in user selected color would be a cool stretch goal!
+1 to this but hiby already has made the leather case as a pledge reward, so making it a stretch goal would be outrageous for those ppl who have backed the r3 + leather case. But they can do the plastic case with the color of your choice very easily. In fact I really hope that they do this.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #738 of 6,859
This thing looks, size wise almost identical to the Mojo......... :)

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #739 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs

Is Chinese version of R3 (jd pre-sale) different from international?
Does it support international streaming services?
Does it support Chinese services - Xiami, Baidu Music, QQ Music?
Could be there any other differences besides streaming apps?

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #740 of 6,859
I tried the R3 at CanJam SG and I liked it very much. The lack of Spotify support (at least for the moment) is the only thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger!

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #741 of 6,859
Hey Joe, off the cuff i dont remember my backing number but is it imperative you use Fedex or DHL for delivery to India? I was hoping Singapore Post or China Post would be the preferred logistics partner for India at least. The problem is duty would be charged through fedex and DHL at about 40% of the total declared value. That makes the final price paid a little on the higher side. Almost $70 + on customs duty perhaps.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #742 of 6,859
Hey Joe, off the cuff i dont remember my backing number but is it imperative you use Fedex or DHL for delivery to India? I was hoping Singapore Post or China Post would be the preferred logistics partner for India at least. The problem is duty would be charged through fedex and DHL at about 40% of the total declared value. That makes the final price paid a little on the higher side. Almost $70 + on customs duty perhaps.

I also prefer country postal service for Spain as it reduces the probability of additional customs

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #743 of 6,859
I also prefer country postal service for Spain as it reduces the probability of additional customs
You mentioned probability.. in my country it is a certainty almost like a guarantee :wink: Therefore the pointed question.

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #744 of 6,859
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #745 of 6,859
Apr 6, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #746 of 6,859
I may hate you now, already ordered the Shanling L2, for 20 bucks..

I just ordered one, but I already forked out $60 on a cable from ForzaAudioWorkz to connect my m1 to Mojo (straight connectors) so you shouldn’t feel that bad! :wink:

Apr 6, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #748 of 6,859
I tried the R3 at CanJam SG and I liked it very much. The lack of Spotify support (at least for the moment) is the only thing that's keeping me from pulling the trigger!

Hello from SG! How did you find the sound? I'm actually cross-shopping this and the Onkyo DP-S1. For me UI/features are not super important so trying to gather as much info as I can about the sound of the R3.

@Joe Bloggs I've been looking but couldn't find the Dynamic Range on 3.5/2.5mm. Is the Dynamic Range of the R3 identical to the SNR of 116-118db? EDIT: It's ok, I realised for practical purposes SNR matters more than Dynamic Range. Thanks!

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #750 of 6,859
Hello from SG! How did you find the sound? I'm actually cross-shopping this and the Onkyo DP-S1. For me UI/features are not super important so trying to gather as much info as I can about the sound of the R3.

Hey! I remember answering your question on reddit about the Shanling M0 :D

Of the "new" and "budget" players at CanJam SG, I liked the sound of the HiBy R3 the most. It just sounded the cleanest to my ears. In terms of sound quality, I thought HiBy R3 > FiiO M7 > Shanling M0. Of course the R3 didn't have as wide of a stage or as much microdetail compared to the R6, but it was solid for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back