1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New "Little Brother" to the R6!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337
339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348
Next

Last
  1. cleg
    I've made a video about R3 vs M6. But don't expect an answer "which one is better"

2. mikp
    You will have to create a baidu account..using some phone number (search online for some free numbers)

Just tested the moon theme, you are not missing much. Different font and an image behind the hiby logo.

Best theme is ‎Steven Van Geert in the facebook group. Sadly the hiby cant handle the theme in files view, and shortly hangs and reboots (sandisk 400gb)

3. cirodts
    Just today I noticed that the equalizer with file hires does not work !!!
    please help me?

4. Tanelorn
    If you mean mqa with hires this works as designed. It is not designed to alter the sound of mqa music

5. cirodts
    no, with files 24/96 l eq on or off there is no difference, it does not work.

6. Snoopy112
    EQ works with 16/44 and 48 files only.

7. cirodts
    there is no way to make it work with 24/96?

8. Snoopy112
    No, but mseb should works

9. surfgeorge
    From my understanding the DSP in the R3 is not powerful enough to handle data above 48kHz resolution and neither the EQ nor MSEB is working with HiRes files. That is a HW limitation.
    Personally I don’t mind as I feel that even switching on EQ makes the music a little more lifeless.

10. cirodts
    I needed a lot to decrease a bit the bass of my beyerdynamyc amiron, c is a way to have fixed eq, or fix bitrate to 16/44?

11. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Um yeah, convert your files to that rate? You'd save a lot of space too this way...

cirodts and AndySocial like this.
  12. billinvegas
    Hi
    Just got an R3. Have issues with it.
    Not sure if it's me, or the unit.
    Haven't heard back from support, I'm hoping it will be ok to discuss these problems here.

I'll compose them later, and make a follow up post.

13. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Sure

14. equalspeace
    I didn't know that. This is pure trash on the part of Hiby.

15. surfgeorge
    I think we need to keep in mind that the R3 is competing on the lower end of the mid-tier DAP market and more focused on budget oriented customers.
    Considering that their product is actually really quite good.
    And based on my testing I can clearly hear a loss in quality when activating the signal processing (EQ) on the R3, which would kind of make the gain of using HiRes data with EQ questionable IMHO.
    I see no reason to trash HiBy for that. They are not perfect, but offer good value for the money.

Ken G likes this.
First

Back
328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337
339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348
Next

Last