1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New "Little Brother" to the R6!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336
338 339 340
Next

Last
  1. alias71
    I'm looking for a high-end earbud to pair with the R3. Zen 2.0 seems too hard to drive with the R3, maybe the balanced version? What do you recommend? Price below $200.
    Thanks!

2. Ken G
  3. HungryPanda
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. phucvm8x
    Shozy BK/Stardust

5. alias71
    Thanks. This looks very interesting. Did you try it with the R3? I found that the Shozy BK is available in the normal edition (3.5mm TRS) and the balanced edition (2.5mm TRRS). Do you think the R3 has enough power for the Shozy BK normal edition (3.5mm TRS)?

6. phucvm8x
    Yeah, with impedance is only 16 ohm, it’s very easy to drive, event with my iphone 6S+ :D
    I use balanced version :) (ibasso connector 2.5 to 3.5 if I pair with my phone)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  7. Alcarinquei
    I think it is a great idea to flood Tidal to make them move their ass!

I also got this message and then another answer from a "technician". I was asking about offline mqa on Hiby R3 and in general a way to transmit bit perfect data coming from tidal offline. The answer I received what that the Tidal app from phone is "perfectly" suited to send music to a DAC at the moment and that Tidal does not support any DAP.

That kinda pissed me off because of all their ads about "music like in the studio" blabla. It is stupid to claim that when the sound is then downsampled and upsampled...

8. keby7
    Hi. Had been using my R3 for almost a week now. Really satisfied with the sound quality, though I have some questions I don't find the answers after searching this thread:

1. Is the lyric function not available yet? I have files with embedded lyric that shows on any other player but not on the R3. Tried the .lrc file but that too didn't work.
    2. Is there any way to remove the ugly ass wallpaper? I just found the custom theme simulator but it's just too confusing to use. Are there any other custom theme available on the internet?

9. Reebonz
    There are some custom themes here:
    http://r3theme.v.vote8.cn/

I like the "Moon" theme the most.

moon.jpg

Micha0815 and keby7 like this.
  10. Alcarinquei
    -It does show a white light when DSD is set on native with USB, even though I would recommend to use coaxial.
    -Most likely no problem but I just tried Mojo.
    -Wifi is very useful to stream DLNA with MConnect for example or to use Tidal.

11. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Have you updated your R3's firmware to the latest? Both kinds of lyrics are supposed to work on the latest firmware. Are you getting the "No lyrics" screen or have you found the lyrics display at all yet?
    There's a really nice theme by Steven Van Geert in the facebook HiBy User Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/164109501050205/permalink/361029841358169/

12. keby7
    I was on 2.01 previously, just updated to 2.1 but still getting the same "No lyrics" screen.

Edit: Okay, after I manually update the lyrics through HibyLink then I can get the lyric on the R3. So does this means I need to send the lyric through HibyLink for every song? It still can't read the already embedded lyric on the file.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  13. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    Dear keby7,
    You may contact hiby at the inbox of fb.me/hibycom or email service@hiby.com directly and submit your music track with unidentified embedded lyrics to them for analysis.

14. Micha0815
    Cool :dark_sunglasses:
    Could someone translate the site to English?
    Or download the theme files and put them on another page where non Chinese people can read it?

I'm unable to download the themes - couldn't find the correct link to download them :cold_sweat: (I even tried with Google translator - with no success)

15. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    I'm unable to reach the baidu netdisk download page from Hong Kong, wonder what's up with that

First

Back
327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336
338 339 340
Next

Last