The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Oct 15, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #4,576 of 6,859
Did you choose "Audio" under USB mode in System settings?

I used usb female to usb c without adapter and it worked fine. Hiby r 3 shouldn’t show coax icon instead it should show usb simple
Make sure your usb mode set to audio if that doesn’t work change your adapter or cable

The micro usb to usb c adapter that comes with the Samsung Galaxy S8 does not support OTG which is required for the R3 USB Audio Output.

Thanks all. I didn't know that micro usb to usb c adapter that comes with Galaxy S8 doesn't support OTG. Then my usb a female to micro usb which I was connecting AK70 to idsd bl is useless since R3 uses usb c port and the adapter I mentioned doesn't support OTG.

As far as I understand that I just need to get a usb a female to usb c cable to work it out.

Oct 15, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #4,577 of 6,859
Thanks all. I didn't know that micro usb to usb c adapter that comes with Galaxy S8 doesn't support OTG. Then my usb a female to micro usb which I was connecting AK70 to idsd bl is useless since R3 uses usb c port and the adapter I mentioned doesn't support OTG.

As far as I understand that I just need to get a usb a female to usb c cable to work it out.

True, or you could get an adapter that supports OTG like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Suppor...r=8-3&keywords=micro+usb+to+usb+c+otg+adapter

Oct 16, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #4,580 of 6,859
Just had my R3 on standby for a while and when booting up GUI went all juddery with plenty of slow down.
Could not view anything but all view of tracks. Very slow response to controls.

Reboot cured issue.

Seems to be a bug here.

Oct 16, 2018 at 11:05 PM Post #4,581 of 6,859
Has anyone tried to link their r3 / r6 to their phone for constant internet via some kind of tether ?
I want to know if that works because if it does I might actually get the r6 instead of the lgv40 I was looking at.
I do this all the time with my R3 to listen to Spotify from my iPhone. I listen to Spotify directly on the R 6 because I only use the R6 at home. Oh sorry I may have misunderstood your question. I do not tether, if by that you mean wired connection. I use Bluetooth

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #4,582 of 6,859
Spotify from phone/Bluetooth/hiby R3 is my favourite combo for work at the moment. What iems Do you all find to be great with R3?

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #4,585 of 6,859
Fiio FH1 for me.
I thought the Hiby Seeds were a close match at first, but now that I'm mostly listening to McCartney's Egypt Station, the FH1 sounds so much better.

Oct 19, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #4,588 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs

There are a couple of reports (in HiBy User Group on Facebook) of issues with Tidal playback -- "Playback Failed" error pops up when trying to play any track. Is this a known issue? Any fixes or workarounds?
When I tried to play with USB-C to Mobius headphones, it gives error "Playback Failed error -11" and loops with "Playback failed error -5". Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Oct 23, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #4,589 of 6,859
I tried my R3 with the iFi nano iDSD BL and it works in the same way as the FiiO Q1ii in that the volume is still active on the R3 as well as the amp/dac. I think someone here mentioned that the Chord Mojo works differently with the R3 and the Shanling L2 cable so the volume is active on the Mojo only. Is that right and if so, is it the cable that makes it work that way or is it the Chord Mojo?

Oct 24, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #4,590 of 6,859
Use a usbc from r3 to a rca coax in on ifi idsd black. That is what I use and it works well. Also I use the hiby usbc to 3.5 coax into chord mojo .both work well. The volume is active on both the ifi and mojo as well as the r3. Both sound great using the r3 as a transport. The r3 and mojo is the best portable solution as I use w my akg k872 . amazing sound and convenience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back