The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Oct 2, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #4,517 of 6,859
My R3 is now stuck on rebooting (it boots up then it turns off, then boots up again..). Can anyone help me? :'(

I am running the latest firmware 1.15 then when I turned on my R3, it says "updating" (I have no idea why it was updating since it is already in 1.15 and the WiFi is turned off). After updating, it reboots to "Hiby Music Make Music More Musical" then suddenly it turns off, then reboots again. It's still rebooting up until now. I cannot go to the menu screen.

I tried removing the micro sd and putting it back again. Same issue.

I downloaded the 1.15 firmware and put it on the root of the micro sd via an Android phone. Same issue.

I tried hard reset (hold power button for 10-15s) same issue

Is there a way to revert it back to factory settings by pressing a combination of buttons? I really can't go to the menu at all

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #4,518 of 6,859
Is there a way to revert it back to factory settings by pressing a combination of buttons? I really can't go to the menu at all

Try to update firmware one more time: hold volume up button and turns on R3

Oct 2, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #4,519 of 6,859
Hi @Snoopy112

I followed the steps below but it is still stuck on rebooting endlessly

1. Turned off the R3 by pressing power button for 10s
2. Pressed Volume up and power button again.
3. It updated the firmware again. I got Succeed message
4. It will then reboot and go back to "Hiby Music Make Music More Musical"
5, After around 10s, it will restart again and again

Anything else I can try?

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #4,520 of 6,859
Hi @Snoopy112

I followed the steps below but it is still stuck on rebooting endlessly

1. Turned off the R3 by pressing power button for 10s
2. Pressed Volume up and power button again.
3. It updated the firmware again. I got Succeed message
4. It will then reboot and go back to "Hiby Music Make Music More Musical"
5, After around 10s, it will restart again and again

Anything else I can try?
Remove sd card then turn off R3 by pressing R3.
mount the sd card in computer and delete the R3.upt file from sd card.
Try to trun on R3 without sd card, if it open successfully then put sd card in it.
Not again bool loop continue then download the old firmware like 1.14 and put in the sd card and put the sd card in R3 and try to update R3 but turning it off and again turn on by pressing volume up and power.
it will start update and after update it should open .

Oct 2, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #4,521 of 6,859
Thanks guys @Snoopy112 and @Palash

I was able to fix the issue. Below are the steps I performed:

1. Turned off the R3
2. Downloaded the 1.15 firmware on a different micro SD
3. Inserted the micro SD and pressed volume up+power button
4. Waited for the update to complete. Got succeed message
5. It will then reboot and go back to "Hiby Music Make Music More Musical"
6. I'm now able to access the menu.

Basically, I just repeated the same steps but used a different micro sd. Not sure what happened, I don't think the other micro sd is faulty as I can still use it as storage.

Oct 2, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #4,522 of 6,859
Facing a new problem now.. I'm using sandisk 64gb with 1223 mp3 files on it.. when I update database, it can only scan for around 600.. i tried to remove the card and scan again, it still stuck on 600.. i connected the R3 to my pc but i only see 600 mp3s.. half of the library was missing but the total size is still the same.. i tried hard reset, and i scan to 760 songs..

i also tried resetting to factory settings and the scan was still up to 700 songs.. this is strange.. is this an issue with my sd card? however, the file size consumption still remains the same but i cant find half of the library using my pc and on the R3 > files as well

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #4,523 of 6,859
Facing a new problem now.. I'm using sandisk 64gb with 1223 mp3 files on it.. when I update database, it can only scan for around 600.. i tried to remove the card and scan again, it still stuck on 600.. i connected the R3 to my pc but i only see 600 mp3s.. half of the library was missing but the total size is still the same.. i tried hard reset, and i scan to 760 songs..

i also tried resetting to factory settings and the scan was still up to 700 songs.. this is strange.. is this an issue with my sd card? however, the file size consumption still remains the same but i cant find half of the library using my pc and on the R3 > files as well
Do you have any tracks that have special characters in them? I'm wondering if it's that, or if some of your files are corrupt. Is this the same card that you were using previously when you had problems?

I would try reformatting the card and filling it with half the tracks to see if it worked, then adding more. I have some bigger cards with a lot more files on them (mostly FLAC and ALAC, not that it should make a difference), and I haven't had any issues. The couple of times I've had issues with the R3 (or my Cayiin) skipping tracks, it happened that the file didn't copy over correctly.

Oct 2, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #4,524 of 6,859

Just my two cents... I have the same issue when I plug the R3 into my Mac (storage mode) and transfer songs; when I update the database it doesn’t find the tracks. If I remove the SD card from the R3 and insert it into the SD card reader on my Mac and transfer the songs that way, when I update the database everything is fine. SD card is formatted as exFAT.

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #4,526 of 6,859
I think the Shanling M0 sounds just a tad bit better than the R3.

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #4,527 of 6,859
Oct 3, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #4,528 of 6,859
My R3 is now stuck on rebooting (it boots up then it turns off, then boots up again..). Can anyone help me? :'(

I am running the latest firmware 1.15 then when I turned on my R3, it says "updating" (I have no idea why it was updating since it is already in 1.15 and the WiFi is turned off). After updating, it reboots to "Hiby Music Make Music More Musical" then suddenly it turns off, then reboots again. It's still rebooting up until now. I cannot go to the menu screen.

I tried removing the micro sd and putting it back again. Same issue.

I downloaded the 1.15 firmware and put it on the root of the micro sd via an Android phone. Same issue.

I tried hard reset (hold power button for 10-15s) same issue

You have to remove the UPT file from the SD card manually at the moment.
I have mentioned to Hiby that they need to remove it after update.

The Sd transfer via USB can be a bit dickey.
Try this formatting tool and format the SD card fully on a PC. Not through the R3 USB.
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Ideally transfer files direct to SD card.
After that formatting tool it does behave better but the R3 does do something iffy as My PC always complains of errors but does not seem to find any?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #4,529 of 6,859
A simple question. When I am playing an album on a loop and then I get bored and want to switch to random play of my entire collection, how can I do that?

Changing the shortcut icon from 'loop' to 'random' only makes the same album play in a random order, and selecting All at the top doesn't do anything.

The only solution I found is to go to a specific song or album and start playing that, but that is not really what I want. I want the R3 to choose a random song from a random album next, instead of the album currently playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back