The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Sep 23, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #4,456 of 6,859
Sep 23, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #4,457 of 6,859
Yea that's the one, some were sold together with the R3. Its English name is supposed to be the Tempotec iDSD Serenade for god's sake...

With the r3 on Dock mode you can connect to this as the USB DAC using a regular USB cable as opposed to an OTG cable...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 23, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #4,459 of 6,859
Does anyone use the R3 to stream audio from Roon or Audirvana? I can’t grt roon to recognize the HiBy unless it is in airplay. I am trying to get it to see WiFi or DLNA with no luck.
With audirvana it sees the HiBy in audio system setting but switches it off the second I try to stream something.

Sep 23, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #4,461 of 6,859
I want to buy Bose QuietComfort QC35 II for work (calls & music to stay with me) and when flying I want to pair them with R3
Has anyone of you made this? Does it work properly? What about SQ?
Thanks.
Cheers

Sep 23, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #4,462 of 6,859
I want to buy Bose QuietComfort QC35 II for work (calls & music to stay with me) and when flying I want to pair them with R3
Thanks.
Cheers
I highly recommend you get the Sony wh-1000xm3 instead of the Bose for noise cancelling. Both Sony and HiBy support ldac Bluetooth codecs. Which will provide superior Bluetooth connectivity versus the versus the Bose. In addition I feel the Sony has done some vast improvements to there sound quality to really take the crown for best noise canceling headphones.

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:42 PM Post #4,463 of 6,859
Thanks.
Cheers
Skip the Bose and get the Sony WH1000XM2/XM3. I have the XM2 and listening to them now with the R3 via LDAC and they sound really good! The Sony have noticeably better Noise Canceling and great options.

Sep 24, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #4,465 of 6,859
Does anyone use the R3 to stream audio from Roon or Audirvana? I can’t grt roon to recognize the HiBy unless it is in airplay. I am trying to get it to see WiFi or DLNA with no luck.
With audirvana it sees the HiBy in audio system setting but switches it off the second I try to stream something.
Having the same issue which I cannot fix. Trying to use Audirvana via DLNA (UPnP). AV+ sees it and I can select it, but as soon as I click ok it defaults back to internal sound card.

Not sure if the R3 can only operate as a DLNA server, streaming to other devices as opposed to receiving?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #4,466 of 6,859
i don't know why everyone says R3 is warm sounding, to me its perhaps slightly warm but more into the bright side..to the point of sibilance.

it sounds almost unbearable with ostry kc09 with balanced cable..also not good with mee audio PX, but fine with colored IEM like grado ige.

maybe its my unit from kickstarter...or perhaps my genre of music i mostly listen with( metal)...im not entirely happy with this purchase, no issue with Bluetooth however.

Sep 24, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #4,469 of 6,859
Having the same issue which I cannot fix. Trying to use Audirvana via DLNA (UPnP). AV+ sees it and I can select it, but as soon as I click ok it defaults back to internal sound card.

Not sure if the R3 can only operate as a DLNA server, streaming to other devices as opposed to receiving?

This is a contentious issue. Although advertised as having DLNA capabilities, the R3 in fact is only a 'renderer' (i.e - it only receives data) and cannot connect to the network as a standalone unit (cannot operate as a DLNA controller).

As mentioned before in a previous post, the DLNA function was a primary reason for purchasing the R3, but Hiby intentionally withheld information on the DLNA limitation. Our 5 year old iPod has better connection capabilities than the R3.

I have been informed by Hiby that they plan to correct this in a future firmware....
@Hiby - Please provide full DLNA service to the R3 as a priority sooner rather than later..Thank you!

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #4,470 of 6,859
This is a contentious issue. Although advertised as having DLNA capabilities, the R3 in fact is only a 'renderer' (i.e - it only receives data) and cannot connect to the network as a standalone unit (cannot operate as a DLNA controller).

As mentioned before in a previous post, the DLNA function was a primary reason for purchasing the R3, but Hiby intentionally withheld information on the DLNA limitation. Our 5 year old iPod has better connection capabilities than the R3.

I have been informed by Hiby that they plan to correct this in a future firmware....
@Hiby - Please provide full DLNA service to the R3 as a priority sooner rather than later..Thank you!

Thanks for the update. And look forward to the new firmware. Having said that, even as a renderer only one should still be able to play from AV / Roon to it, and that doesn’t seem to be working.

That, and the ongoing “4007” errors with Tidal are the only real bug bears I wish would be resolved ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back