The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jul 9, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #3,528 of 6,859
Have you tried DAC mode? Do you experience pops and clicks too?
If not, consider yourself lucky and enjoy.
And try not to think about what can be inferred from this much variability over a small sample size...
I just get a chuckle out of the people who declare the device a total disaster when many people have pronounced themselves very happy. I don’t know if different reactions are based on production variability or differing customer expectations. Many is us seem to define the world based on our personal experiences - and not just in the audio realm

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #3,529 of 6,859
I just get a chuckle out of the people who declare the device a total disaster when many people have pronounced themselves very happy. I don’t know if different reactions are based on production variability or differing customer expectations. Many is us seem to define the world based on our personal experiences - and not just in the audio realm

Thanks for not answering my question. Useless...

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #3,530 of 6,859
Well, I would hazard as guess there are many possibilities.

If you look at the number of R3’s backed from what I can tell there were anywhere from 1400-1600 +/- not including those that outright cancelled etc.

Also if you search hear & KS & vountvhow many people have actually received theirs it’s a very small number ofvthos backed & produced, or at least how many we can assume have been received as non of this is very precise accounting at all.

So it seems many that haven’t actually received theirs are venting their frustration disappointing & anger about X features & functions connectivity etc not being included are not going on 1st hand experience but hear say or 2nd hand rumoured reporting.

Also, as you eluded to, it’s obvious there are many very different needs wants desires & expectations etc & for people’s reasons for backing.

When you take all those variables & more that are I know by everyone then it’s very difficult to assume anything 100% about manybif not most posts.

I got one don’t use Tidal & obviously didn’t back the R3 for that feature as well as the issue or not with DLNA & other features or functions.
So lack of those features/functions obviously impact people that back it for that.
That goes for others reason for backing & their own specific needs etc.

Myself I’ve found the R3 by itself has plenty enough power to drive my Focal Elear, Denon AH-D7200 & Audioquest NightHawk :)s to loud enough levels for my hearing to enjoy all my various genres.
I’ve not yet tried the BT to listen to my Focal Listen Wireless BT:).
Practically all my listening when I go outside for coffee, shopping, photography etc so I prefer not to take another piece of gear like my small JDS Labs C5 or iFi Nano iDSD headphone amp that I currently have.
Have yet to even use them at home but considering going for a high end home unit like the iFi Pro iDSD DAC/HP Amp.

So far for my own personal use & as to why I backed it I’m enjoying aside from sw issues that’ll likely addressed come next fw update etc.

Yes Spotify, PLEX etc would be really really nice & hopefully we’ll get those streaming services etc.

But with my:) I’m enjoying the sound, no problems with wifi connectivity @ home or cafe.

As with all else ymmv & until all R3’s are received & experience reported on after a few days/week or two it seems there’s no way to absolutely infer 100% conclusively one way or the other only by what’s been posted which isn’t a very large sample.

Hopefully all others will receive theirs sooner than later & have few issues & can enjoy theirs.

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #3,533 of 6,859
Initial listening impressions: it sounds good!

20180710_123730.jpg

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #3,534 of 6,859
Jul 10, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #3,535 of 6,859
Looks like the perfect size for stacking!
It fits almost perfectly for stacking.

Sound-wise, my IE8s sound notably better from the BL Nano then direct from the R3. Both were tested with balanced output (2.5mm trrs from R3, 3.5mm trrs from the BL Nano). Want to a/b vs. the mojo now before I make a decision for either...

Jul 10, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #3,537 of 6,859
-Try resizing all your covers to 600*600 pixels. I used a windows software known as FastStone Photo Resizer. It detects all images in a folder including subfolder. ALL OF MY ALBUMS NOW SHOW ALBUM ART.
- Try changing the channel setting of your wifi router. Your channel might be a fixed no. Changing it to random/automatic might help.
- Have no solution for that.

Cheers and have a good day :)

I used this software to resize all Images, did not work. When I put the sd-card into my phone, the hiby-app shows all album Covers. Put it in the R3 and they're gone.

I like this device, but there are more and more problems to deal with that are really starting to annoy me.

Jul 10, 2018 at 5:05 AM Post #3,539 of 6,859
I used this software to resize all Images, did not work. When I put the sd-card into my phone, the hiby-app shows all album Covers. Put it in the R3 and they're gone.

I like this device, but there are more and more problems to deal with that are really starting to annoy me.

If software is the same as M2S , and cover are handled the same way , progressive .jpg cover won't display .

Jul 10, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #3,540 of 6,859
What about Tidal offline? Any news? Thanks.

Don't think this is gonna happen soon. I was also hoping for offline-support for usb audio player pro, but tidal probably can't allow this for legal reasons. Someone might snitch and distribute them downloads without the tidal app being a fortress of data security...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back