1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The HiBy R3; The New "Little Brother" to the R6!

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by CactusPete23, Feb 14, 2018.
First

Back
203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212
214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223
Next

Last
  1. rosiedog
    So what do you do with a buggy player from China. Try to sell it or just write it off as bad luck.

2. gawroot
    I hope to find a fix for those cons but either way I'm not gonna sell it, I've been waiting forever for this little piece of hardware

3. rosiedog
    I'll wait for the case I also ordered, check for firmware upgrades and put it up for sale. I can't stand poor craftsmanship in any product. Electronics either work or they don't and this thing don't. I'd send it back but it would probably cost too much. Best to buy this stuff locally and make sure they have a good return policy.

4. RojasTKD
    I have a V20 that I recently rooted, did the high impotence mode mod and installed Viper4Android. The idea was to use it mostly as a dedicated DAP with streaming abilities. With viper I can easily EQ for as many of my headphones as I like and save them.

If you have ALOT of music files there may be an issue with the R3. A Hiby based DAP have a limit of 15,000 songs. It's sounds like this could be an issue for you. I'm not sure if this is the case with the R3, but it as with my Shangling M1 and M2s.

I so just got a nice iBasso DX150 witch I believe is a superior and more resolving DAP. But I'm honestly happy using either the DX150 or e V20.

Muy V20 with Viper4Android does have some advantages though.
    1. The V20's EQ using Viper4Android works with Spotify. The DX150 EQ only applies to the music player. (I wonder if Viper4Android can be installed on the iBasso?).
    2. The V20'S is MUCH thinner and ready to carry on a pocket.
    3. The V20'S removable battery means I can use it for many years to come. I also have a large 10,000 mAh battery if I needed LOTS of runtime.

Since my V20 is a spare phone it makes an ideal large screen DAP with streaming capabilities, in a slim form factor.

FSTOP likes this.
  5. poprivet
    Embedding the cover in individual files works for me. Not sure if there are limits (my previous player wanted things under 500px by 500px & under a certain filesize, so lot of my files are already like that). Not had any trouble with the wi-fi either, so it's probably just a case of getting the settings right.

6. sflxn
    Hmm... Seems the opinions of the sound quality from this device varies quite a bit. Perhaps pairing mismatch? Anyone tried this dap with an Andromeda or other non-Vega Campfire IEM? The R3 will be my first DAP since the iPod era. I've been using a Mojo and Dragonfly Red with my iPhone for mobility and really want to get rid of the need to use an external portable amp.

7. rosiedog
    If the R3 can only accept 15000 songs why did the advertising claim the device could handle 2T of memory. Must be really big song files.

8. pierezque
    Received my R3 today, very happy with it so far except for the tidal popup showing up randomly, this defintely needs to be fixed.

9. RojasTKD
    Like I said I'm not sure if this applies to the R3, but it does to other Hiby app based players. So it's something to look into. I don't have nearly that much music, do it's a non-issue for me.

But to answer your question:
    1. Because it technically accept 2TB cards.
    2. If you have a large High Res/DSD collection you might need LOTS of storage.
    3. 2TB cards don't exist anyway.

FSTOP likes this.
  10. gawroot
    That's a bummer for the covers, they should find a fix, not acceptable
    Tried every possible settings for the wifi and still couldn't make it work, might be problematic for future updates

11. abitdeef

What firmware are you running? You can go to the first page and download the latest firmware and put it in the root file of micro sd card and update that way.

Unless you’re on 1.09 already.

12. gawroot
    Already on 1.09 sadly

13. peter1480
    400gb card no issues with cover art 1200+ tracks, 15000 songs is around 1200 cds (what's you problem!!!!!!!) plug in a 2TB ssd works fine (thought its a bit battery hungry) if you need more space. No WiFi problems with BT hub 5, work WiFi or Scotrail trains WiFi. Give it 50 hours of use it gets less treble harsh and opens up. Sounds good with iems many times the price of the R3 even with no eq.:)

14. FridgeMagnet
    Yes it is & maybe because I’m really into this series & as soon as the episode starts I’m into it so that scene where he’s listening to that piece being played on that glass instrument I was captivated, very powerful & beautiful.

Love to be able to go to a concert in a small venue with great acoustics & hear that live, I love that piece & his other compositions, great talent...

15. abitdeef
    Sorry to hear that, maybe the next firmware will fix it? You can always pm joe bloggs

First

Back
203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212
214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223
Next

Last