The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 19, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #271 of 6,859
The aluminum chassis is the best DAP Opus has made IMO. The regular #1 is not something I would pick ever. If you use your DAP at home mostly that aluminum one would be hard to beat. I am however a screen person and I love the user interaction with Hiby stuff. If I ever get a glass screen protector and an armband holster for this R3 it will be the most often used DAP I have. Portable DAP v.s. a semi portable one. If you move around a lot and use your DAP outside more then in it would be R3. Screen person? R3. Just on sound and nothing else matters? I know aluminum #1 is a boss...I am still enjoying R3 and anything I say is hype related. I'm sure any short comings another finds in weeks and months down the road are not being seen by me and my Hiby colored glasses right now.
Thanks for the fast reply! You really nailed my question when u mentioned and compared portable vs semi portable. :L3000: Btw really love your vids on youtube. Awesome job!

Mar 19, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #272 of 6,859
The aluminum chassis is the best DAP Opus has made IMO. The regular #1 is not something I would pick ever. If you use your DAP at home mostly that aluminum one would be hard to beat. I am however a screen person and I love the user interaction with Hiby stuff. If I ever get a glass screen protector and an armband holster for this R3 it will be the most often used DAP I have. Portable DAP v.s. a semi portable one. If you move around a lot and use your DAP outside more then in it would be R3. Screen person? R3. Just on sound and nothing else matters? I know aluminum #1 is a boss...I am still enjoying R3 and anything I say is hype related. I'm sure any short comings another finds in weeks and months down the road are not being seen by me and my Hiby colored glasses right now.
How do you think would the r3 fare against the cayin n3 in terms of sound quality alone? I know in all other aspect except the power output, the r3 beats the n3 hands down.

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #273 of 6,859
Thanks for the fast reply! You really nailed my question when u mentioned and compared portable vs semi portable. :L3000: Btw really love your vids on youtube. Awesome job!

Thanks I appreciate that. :)

How do you think would the r3 fare against the cayin n3 in terms of sound quality alone? I know in all other aspect except the power output, the r3 beats the n3 hands down.

I think the sonic differences would be minor and maybe a reflection of the head gear used more than the DAP's. Plastic screens are hopefully not going to come along anymore. Too easy to scratch.
This R3 has not crashed or hiccuped while playing DSD or anything. Not a single bump so far. The battery just almost died though after getting TIDAL up and running. so it is charging now

Mar 19, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #274 of 6,859
Thanks I appreciate that. :)

I think the sonic differences would be minor and maybe a reflection of the head gear used more than the DAP's. Plastic screens are hopefully not going to come along anymore. Too easy to scratch.
This R3 has not crashed or hiccuped while playing DSD or anything. Not a single bump so far. The battery just almost died though after getting TIDAL up and running. so it is charging now
So lets say a person has a cayin n3. Should that person purchase the r3 based on its features knowing that they sound very similar?

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #275 of 6,859
So lets say a person has a cayin n3. Should that person purchase the r3 based on its features knowing that they sound very similar?

Knowing LDAC support is coming, The DSP suite Mage 8-Ball (name has changed) can work in between TIDAL and your head gear and TIDAL is kind of Built into this thing, with those and MQA said to be coming too yeah i would actually. Not even considering the almost full device size touch screen and nav system.

LDAC is big for me. I love my Sony WM1A and the BT quality on that is awesome. I would rec they move on and up...IMO

Mar 19, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #276 of 6,859
Knowing LDAC support is coming, The DSP suite Mage 8-Ball (name has changed) can work in between TIDAL and your head gear and TIDAL is kind of Built into this thing, with those and MQA said to be coming too yeah i would actually. Not even considering the almost full device size touch screen and nav system.

LDAC is big for me. I love my Sony WM1A and the BT quality on that is awesome. I would rec they move on and up...IMO
LDAC is coming in here for real?! Way to go hiby! You just made my day. I have used the ldac via Sony nw-a35. Although the dap itself was nothing short of crap, its Bluetooth prowess was superb. Infact, it was one of the best Bluetooth output I had ever heard. First I thought ldac was exclusive to Sony, then it came to the fiio m7 and now on this?! Well this final piece was needed to seal the deal. Now nothing is going to stop me from purchasing it. Thanks a lot @Hawaiibadboy. You gave me all the info I needed.

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #277 of 6,859
Oh yeah, add Spotify support and I'm in :xf_eek:)

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #278 of 6,859

There's nothing official in this statement. :astonished: It's not done until it's done, and when it's done it will need to be examined by Sony for 60 days prior to delivery to customers. Similar caveat goes to MQA. Just sayin' :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 19, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #280 of 6,859
There's nothing official in this statement. :astonished: It's not done until it's done, and when it's done it will need to be examined by Sony for 60 days prior to delivery to customers. Similar caveat goes to MQA. Just sayin' :p
Please don't douse our hopes just yet! I had just made up my mind!

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #282 of 6,859
In a nutshell, Tidal released a new API for downloading Tidal tracks to offline storage. This is also the first time they are officially allowing this to happen outside of their own Android and PC clients.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 19, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #285 of 6,859
@Joe Bloggs Will the R3 have WAV tagging support? I use Foobar2000 and WAV nearly exclusively and just wondered. Cowon does but I kinda wanted the R3...
Thank you in advanced!
Hello iJay,
Yes it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back