The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 14, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #151 of 6,859
Generally speaking, wifi is better than bluetooth, as it does not use any compression, while bluetooth uses a codec (code/decode) which results in more or less lossy compression, depending on the actual codec used (SBC, aptx or aptxHD) by the device. Bear in mind that if two paired devices use different codecs, the more "lossy" one prevails. So, if you have access to wifi, your streaming will sound better on a good high resolution device such as the R3 than with bluetooth.

Thanks, I’m considering the ap60 pro on massdrop over the r3 as well... guess I’ll have to get both

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #152 of 6,859
Thanks, I’m considering the ap60 pro on massdrop over the r3 as well... guess I’ll have to get both
Considering the Massdrop price, you might as well, while waiting for the R3 to be released...

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #155 of 6,859
You have listened to the R3? Any impressions you could share?

Yeah, I've had it for a few weeks now. We promised to not share any info about it till next week, sorry.
The reviews will be published on 21st and 22nd March next week if I'm not mistaken but I'll telly you already that I've absolutely been enjoying the R3's sound signature, it's a lot of fun to use and listen to.
Hiby R3 Headfonia.jpg

Mar 15, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #156 of 6,859
Yeah, I've had it for a few weeks now. We promised to not share any info about it till next week, sorry.
The reviews will be published on 21st and 22nd March next week if I'm not mistaken but I'll telly you already that I've absolutely been enjoying the R3's sound signature, it's a lot of fun to use and listen to.
I can’t wait for it! I really like your reviews on headfonia.

Mar 15, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #157 of 6,859

Promising little monster, can't wait to read your review!

Mar 15, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #158 of 6,859
Great!
Could you clarify if Tidal is available offline, without wifi?
Or this information will be in review?

Mar 15, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #160 of 6,859

Awesome! That’s plent of info for me! The fact that it’s real and isn’t terrible is very promising!

Mar 15, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #161 of 6,859
Great!
Could you clarify if Tidal is available offline, without wifi?
Or this information will be in review?
Yes it will be, thanks to new developments at TIDAL :) We're working hard to take advantage of this on the R3 now (so it's not available to @Ultrainferno or HeadFonic's review unit yet).

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 15, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #162 of 6,859
Last edited:
Mar 15, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #164 of 6,859
Will the R3 have a dedicated line out or at least a line out setting?
no, it won't have a dedicated line out but yes, it will have a line-out option in the settings menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back