The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Aug 18, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #4,011 of 6,859
Is LDAC up and running yet?

To my knowledge it is not yet working.

(PS - great work on your YouTube channel bro!)
@Joe Bloggs has totally disappeared in the last few weeks (Joe - I hope you're OK!)...
Before he did, a while back, he said their engineers are still working with Sony on the certification.
I hope HiBy would come through eventually. LDAC was not a must-have for me personally, but I will be happy to get it.
...and HBB - one more thumbs up from me (re: your YouTube videos). Informative and enjoyable. A little harsh at times, but then again manufacturers should be kept honest!

Aug 18, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #4,013 of 6,859

It turned out well! First working sample!

Very nice.

Are you going to upload the blueprints when you're done? I wouldn't mine printing this up myself.

Aug 18, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #4,017 of 6,859
I can not get LDAC to work on my Sony LDAC headphones with the new firmware. When Hiby says LDAC is bi-directional, does that mean that it can be used as an LDAC audio output?

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #4,019 of 6,859
seems that the latest firmware 1.12 is not yet available to download via OTA, so caveat emptor to all those waiting for LDAC functionality

Aug 19, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #4,020 of 6,859
Well no reply to the list of requests from Hiby.
Emailed service@Hiby and Hello@Hiby

I'm going to persevere and email every now and then.
Hope @Joe Bloggs and @fanoble share some news, at least there is some FW development and updating for China which I hope will also be pushed to international versions soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back