The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Mar 20, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #289 of 6,859
Hi @Hawaiibadboy. Forgetting all the features between the AP200 and R3 and thinking about just the overall sound quality between them, will the R3 be an "audio quality" upgrade over the AP200?

Cheers :)

I have not sat and made and critical listening with this yet. Using the same stuff I usually do...yet. It would be blatant hype if I made any claims about any sonic superiority over anything else. Nothing bad, odd or lacking noted yet but I am in love so it is too early.The AP200 has been cripled by FW issues so i would not and never did rec it. Always said my vid review would come after they fixed OTG and crashing and that still has not occured. This Hiby has not crashed or had any issue at all....zero

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #290 of 6,859
Come visit us at CanJam Singapore! Ocean 11 on Level 2 :)
10086283.jpg

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 20, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #291 of 6,859
I have not sat and made and critical listening with this yet. Using the same stuff I usually do...yet. It would be blatant hype if I made any claims about any sonic superiority over anything else. Nothing bad, odd or lacking noted yet but I am in love so it is too early.The AP200 has been cripled by FW issues so i would not and never did rec it. Always said my vid review would come after they fixed OTG and crashing and that still has not occured. This Hiby has not crashed or had any issue at all....zero

Thank you... I'm so over the issues with the AP200 and as long as the R3 doesn't sound worse then it, I'm all in and excited!

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #292 of 6,859
Now the only thing we need to wait for is the year they declare its release month:)

Mar 20, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #296 of 6,859
That’s like the best news i’ve heard in weeks!! Finally i can purchase my dream dap. Thanks for the heads up, Pete! Btw, where did you get the pic?

Mar 20, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #299 of 6,859
Although kickstart campaign is starting next week, is there an idea about a realistic shipping date? How long did it take for H6 orders to start shipping?
If i had to guess, the Kickstarter campaign will last upto a month or more depending on hiby. After that, they had said they will ship it immediately after the campaign ends as production will be done beforehand as told by them earlier on this thread. So expect shipping sometime at the end of April to the 1st week of May. Hope this helps.

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #300 of 6,859
If i had to guess, the Kickstarter campaign will last upto a month or more depending on hiby. After that, they had said they will ship it immediately after the campaign ends as production will be done beforehand as told by them earlier on this thread. So expect shipping sometime at the end of April to the 1st week of May. Hope this helps.

Hopefully they get the rest of the R6 orders out before this launches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back