The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 31, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #1,787 of 6,859
Anyhow a while back after a big frenzied brouhaha of people getting the wrong end of the stick about the R3, specs shipping survey etc it all got really quiet here & was kinda mentioned when the music beer? subject was going around that there was nothing else to discuss until we got them in our hands so might as well discuss music beer etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
May 31, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #1,789 of 6,859
Tempting deal but i wonder if the “international” streaming services will come to the chinese version of the device. Will the chinese version be compatible with the international firmware .... ?
Important notice

It has just come to my attention that developments in IP rights disputes between TIDAL, record companies and China have made it so that TIDAL cannot legally be used in China. As such, firmware updates to Chinese edition R3's will NEVER include TIDAL, nor any future streaming clients falling in the same kind of situation, and there will be measures to prevent the cross-flashing of Chinese edition R3's with international firmware--this despite any claims to the otherwise I may have made in public or in private. :triportsad:

Sorry guys. :triportsad:

Obvious Note: The R3's shipping to Kickstarter backers are of course the international edition... :)

@CactusPete23 can you pin this to the OP for me?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 31, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #1,790 of 6,859
Still dis
Thanks, found the post you mentioned. Reflashing is indeed not possible.

I was about to order R3 from JD.com. Luckily I saw the post.. I am based in Japan and is very interested in the DP-S1 (no Tidal for Japan market), AK70ii (no money to spend). The R3 looks like the perfect solution for Tidal streaming on a small-form device. Looks like I will have to wait for another device. :triportsad:

@Joe Bloggs is there any plans to release this in Japan with Tidal? Or is there a way to purchase the international version somehow? Thanks.

Jun 1, 2018 at 12:37 AM Post #1,791 of 6,859
Depends on where you are.
Theres a company in the US that sells the R6 now and that was probably a couple of weeks after the last Indiegogo's were delivered.

Kickstarters have not started delivery.

I don't live in the USA so i was looking to buy from dealers like Penon, LMUEars or maybe a direct Hiby Aliexpress store (that would be nice to international customers). But with that OS problem i think it will be very difficult to us international customers who didn't jump in the kickstarter deal get the version with the streaming apps. :frowning2:

Thanks, found the post you mentioned. Reflashing is indeed not possible.

Jun 1, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #1,792 of 6,859
This is a temporary problem. Kurada / IidaPiano should start distributing international version R3's as soon as at the end of this month and we of course intend to sell more international R3's... internationally. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 1, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #1,794 of 6,859
Anyhow a while back after a big frenzied brouhaha of people getting the wrong end of the stick about the R3, specs shipping survey etc it all got really quiet here & was kinda mentioned when the music beer? subject was going around that there was nothing else to discuss until we got them in our hands so might as well discuss music beer etc...

I bought the SS R6 . Sounds like a Nazi steampunk weapon. The Hiby app on that does need a few tweaks. I quite like the clean reproduction of music it gives an also the wide sound so the classical stuff you listen to would sound perfect with a bottle or two of the imported Hobgoblin gold you've bought.

Now we will have to do that in sync when the R3 arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 1, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #1,795 of 6,859
This is a temporary problem. Kurada / IidaPiano should start distributing international version R3's as soon as at the end of this month and we of course intend to sell more international R3's... internationally. :)

Glad to hear it. I sold my AP200 a few weeks ago and have been itching to get a new DAP. So far the R3 seems like the best option for me, so I'm chomping at the bit for one.

Jun 1, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #1,800 of 6,859
:):robot:
Maybe we should talk about when our R3s will get shipped......
:L3000::beyersmile::grin::hushed::scream:

Mouseman:

Exactly my point y with my graphic!

This forum has dried up without any R3 announcements & especially to the point of any of us International users actually gettingvthem in our hands & hooked to our fave hp to actually listen enjoy & give an option!!!

So what’s the harm with a little exchange of music & craft beers choices, keeps things light & fresh & enjoyable!

Who needs another BIG BROTHER breathing down our necks without cause!

Lighten up, we need more laughter & fun o the world & it seems like this forum as well!!!:robot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back