The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 30, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #1,771 of 6,859
They look nice.
I'm tempted but have backed R6 and R3 so far this year.
If they had a bit more info on the Bluetooth etc I could go for them.
I use Fiio's RC-BT with FH1 earphones which sound pretty good on the R6.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the BT cable taking over the DAC and Amp function and bypassing the whole Audio circuit of the DAP?
In that case, what is the advantage of a DAP in comparison to a smart phone?

May 30, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #1,772 of 6,859
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the BT cable taking over the DAC and Amp function and bypassing the whole Audio circuit of the DAP?
In that case, what is the advantage of a DAP in comparison to a smart phone?

BT is wireless no cable.
Not sure if the DAC is not used in Bluetooth mode. Would be a waste energy I guess.
What if you dont have a smart phone :)

May 30, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #1,773 of 6,859
BT is wireless no cable.
Not sure if the DAC is not used in Bluetooth mode. Would be a waste energy I guess.
What if you dont have a smart phone :)

DAC in the Bluetooth transmitting device is not used. Bluetooth sends a digital signal to the bluetooth receiving device; where a DAC in that device changes to analog for an amp to provide sound to headphones, speakers, or a home stereo's amplifier.

IMHO a smartphone is probably a better streaming device for a portable DAC/AMP, than any DAP today.

Last edited:
May 30, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #1,774 of 6,859
Link to the ORA Graphene Q headphones Indiegogo/KS exciting end of May update!

Looking good & coming along nicely, can hardly wait, should be a great match with my Hiby R3!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...orlds-first-graphene-headphones/posts/2199787
I ought to have my head examined. Read your post and ordered the Ora Graphenes. Last thing I really need is yet another pair of phones. Let’s hope.

BTW, my comment about the Ossic was written before I read your reference to them, so not a comment on your opinion. I’m sure the Ossic situation was a complete fiasco. But with any crowd funded project you have to allow that sometimes the people you’re backing are either incompetent or outright crooked. Not sure which was the case with Ossic. But I was clearly unhappy. It was not a trivial expense. Did it turn out they blew through a wad of backer dough on personal trainers and lines of coke?

May 30, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #1,775 of 6,859
DAC in the Bluetooth transmitting device is not used. Bluetooth sends a digital signal to the bluetooth receiving device; where a DAC in that device changes to analog for an amp to provide sound to headphones, speakers, or a home stereo's amplifier.

IMHO a smartphone is probably a better streaming device for a portable DAC/AMP, than any DAP today.

FiiO has done an incredible job with the Q5.
All the numerical data transmited from BT to Q5 goes through the DAC and converts to an analog signal.

May 30, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #1,776 of 6,859
@Brian Oneal:

!‘Hopefully this not not a joke of some kind as FridgeMagnet seems to thinK’!

Surely You Jest Brian!?!

Fridge Magnet does not & did not think it was a joke!

Please reread my followup response to you when it seems you felt slighted

You >
I thought that was part of what these forums was all about. You know asking questions of fellow posters for info they had already come across. Kind of a snarky response, dude!

FM >

@Brian:
It wasn’t meant to be, apologizes for you getting it the wrong way, just my way of saying things.

Yes it is the point if the forum.

My point was if you’ve been following this thread for any length of time you’ll have noticed a lot of misinformation & numerous people getting all twisted over nothing about this & that about the R3 & it’s specs, option/features & abilities etc.

A lot of overly heated debate about much of it & formyself I just emailed them directly to find out what I wanted to know so there was no chance of mistaking or misinterpretating the details as there was a lot if that here since this started!

So that was my way of response that came across the wrong way.

As for your question myself I have no idea & wouldn’t want to speculate one way or the other.

Cheers...

So Brian, although I do have a GR8 World Famous Sense Of Humour, I didn’t find any humour in your initial question if you’re seriously suggesting so.
Although you failed to recognize there was none in mine either, was just stating a fact that you might reach out & email or post Hiby or Joe for a direct factual answer which he was good enough to supply you with above!

Now you know, so you can start the experiment once you get the R3 in your hands like we will all do with excitement!

Good Luck & Enjoy Your New Toy, I Know I Will...

Cheers :beerchug:

We All Need To :robot:Laugh:robot:More!
Thanks for clarifying Fridge, really appreciate it. My real question is by following the steps Joe laid out above, will i still be able to shuffle all of my songs at once? Or does that still only allow the viewing of all of my files in folder mode?

May 30, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #1,777 of 6,859
Thanks for clarifying Fridge, really appreciate it. My real question is by following the steps Joe laid out above, will i still be able to shuffle all of my songs at once? Or does that still only allow the viewing of all of my files in folder mode?

Brian, np as I said before in these online forum discussion formats often easy to get the wrong end of the stick.

I understand your concern & hopefully you’ll be able to do so even if the explanation JoeB provided might not have been totally clear or satisfactory, as I said myself I have no idea as much of what is in the air I will find out when I get it & if not satisfied will sell, but I’m thinking I’ll be ok for my use!

Hopefully it works out the way you want & need & all’s well that ends well!

Cheers...

May 30, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #1,778 of 6,859

I use BT from iPhone to Cayin N3, which provides DAC, Amp and HEADPHONE JACK (are you listening Apple?) and that arrangement works just Jim Dandy (excellently, for those who don’t speak outdated US slang)

May 30, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #1,779 of 6,859
I use BT from iPhone to Cayin N3, which provides DAC, Amp and HEADPHONE JACK (are you listening Apple?) and that arrangement works just Jim Dandy (excellently, for those who don’t speak outdated US slang)

& who doesn’t speak outdated US Slang these days, unless you were born after Apple was invented & not talking the fruit ; )

May 31, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #1,782 of 6,859

In that case (wanting to shuffle all songs) instead of organizing tracks into any folder structure you should put them all into the same folder (or no folder at all, on the card), then by going into Folder view all your songs will be in one list for shuffling. The sorted lists will work for some 15k of all your songs (or we can hope for that to expand to all songs in an update)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 31, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,785 of 6,859
Tempting deal but i wonder if the “international” streaming services will come to the chinese version of the device. Will the chinese version be compatible with the international firmware .... ?

I believe it was said earlier in this thread that they're going to do something to prevent flashing different firmware to the Chinese version, due to the lack of streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back