The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 26, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #1,742 of 6,859
I would be interested in knowing what you will be using for a music source in your home system. Would also like to know what kind of amplifier and you will have

I’d be interested in that myself lol as I’m not really sure what I’m doing & planning on doing a redo of my audio system & computer, it’s all separate.
Using a Rega Ilicit R Integrated @ the moment for my audio system also have a tube integrated not hooked up atm.
I’m pretty late to the game to switch over so I’ve got a lot of deciding to do for my new source [currenty have a SACD player that needs repair/replaced, so liteningvto FM Tuner ] as my home audio system in the front room is against the main wall and my computer desk is across the room to the right of my listening position.
So if I get the iFi Pro iDSD [or whatever I decide on] it’ll go into my audio system & the computer desk will get the mobility DAC/Amp solution.
I’m trying to decide whether to sink into a full PLEX or Roon option for my MB Pro to get it all started.
It’s all going to be frustrating to deal with [as I’m not very structured & it’s to easy to put things off] since I’ve left it so late & have to try & keep the $ down.
Hopefully will be closer to a resolution later this year.

Anyhow it’ll all get sorted sooner or later...

May 26, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #1,743 of 6,859
Wow, sounds like you are heavily invested in headphones :):triportsad::beyersmile::L3000::smile_phones::darthsmile::dt880smile::k701smile::o2smile:
Did you ever hear or own a Chord DAC?
The Mojo is astounding with headphones, but even better with my 10k stereo system.
I’m now considering a Qutest as a home DAC.

Yeah that’s been relatively recent but mainly use when I’m out [dont really know how That happened so quickly, I think they’re breeding actually] until I redo my home audio system & my computer set up trying to make a final decision on what to do or which way to go as I’ve left it all quite late changing things up.
At home I’m usually listen to FM Tuner as my SACD source is in need of repair/replacement & my computer setup is separate.

Yes I’ve heard good things about the Chord Mojo, lots of excellent on line reviews & user reviews as well.
Something to consider, a friend had one the smaller less expensive DAC in his system & quite liked it.
So since I’m not structured & good at procrastinating this will take more time than I’d like also as it’ll be more $ than I really can afford or spend that’s part of my decision as well.
It’s usually the case what I want, what I can afford & what I really need...

Oh well as I replied to Wickham above hope to resolve it all by late fall or so.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part lol...

May 26, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #1,745 of 6,859
Yeah that’s been relatively recent but mainly use when I’m out [dont really know how That happened so quickly, I think they’re breeding actually] until I redo my home audio system & my computer set up trying to make a final decision on what to do or which way to go as I’ve left it all quite late changing things up.
At home I’m usually listen to FM Tuner as my SACD source is in need of repair/replacement & my computer setup is separate.

Yes I’ve heard good things about the Chord Mojo, lots of excellent on line reviews & user reviews as well.
Something to consider, a friend had one the smaller less expensive DAC in his system & quite liked it.
So since I’m not structured & good at procrastinating this will take more time than I’d like also as it’ll be more $ than I really can afford or spend that’s part of my decision as well.
It’s usually the case what I want, what I can afford & what I really need...

Oh well as I replied to Wickham above hope to resolve it all by late fall or so.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part lol...
Wow, sounds like you are heavily invested in headphones :):triportsad::beyersmile::L3000::smile_phones::darthsmile::dt880smile::k701smile::o2smile:
Did you ever hear or own a Chord DAC?
The Mojo is astounding with headphones, but even better with my 10k stereo system.
I’m now considering a Qutest as a home DAC.

SG,

Actually I forgot [got a pair of Beyerdynamic on/ear T50? don’t use as well] I’ve got 1other pair of BT hp I baked on Indiegogo in Feb/Mar? called the ORA Graphene Q coming later this summer.
From everything I’ve been hearing/reading these will sound amazing for BT hp so I’m really excited to get them.

Check them out...

May 28, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #1,746 of 6,859
Does anyone know if there is a maximum file limit that the R3 can handle? I remember the R6 thread where we were told there was no limit but since HIBY makes the software and the Shanling DAPs ,using the HIBY software, has had a 15,000 file limit which has existed in awhile, I was curious . I have already joined the Kickstarter but was wondering if anyone had heard anything?

May 29, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #1,747 of 6,859
Does anyone know if there is a maximum file limit that the R3 can handle? I remember the R6 thread where we were told there was no limit but since HIBY makes the software and the Shanling DAPs ,using the HIBY software, has had a 15,000 file limit which has existed in awhile, I was curious . I have already joined the Kickstarter but was wondering if anyone had heard anything?

You could always email them directly to get that info direct from the horses mouth instead of some possible hearsay speculation likely from some that dontvreally know.

; )

May 29, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #1,748 of 6,859
You could always email them directly to get that info direct from the horses mouth instead of some possible hearsay speculation likely from some that dontvreally know.

; )
I thought that was part of what these forums was all about. You know asking questions of fellow posters for info they had already come across. Kind of a snarky response, dude!

May 29, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #1,749 of 6,859
I thought that was part of what these forums was all about. You know asking questions of fellow posters for info they had already come across. Kind of a snarky response, dude!

@Brian:

It wasn’t meant to be, apologizes for you getting it the wrong way, just my way of saying things.

Yes it is the point if the forum.

My point was if you’ve been following this thread for any length of time you’ll have noticed a lot of misinformation & numerous people getting all twisted over nothing about this & that about the R3 & it’s specs, option/features & abilities etc.

A lot of overly heated debate about much of it & formyself I just emailed them directly to find out what I wanted to know so there was no chance of mistaking or misinterpretating the details as there was a lot if that here since this started!

So that was my way of response that came across the wrong way.

As for your question myself I have no idea & wouldn’t want to speculate one way or the other.

Cheers...

May 29, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #1,751 of 6,859
no no, I want my money back, somebody said the sound was poor, i heard there is no this or that ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back