The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 29, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #1,756 of 6,859
They had a quite period with the R6 release. Nothing ominous about it. It was delivered.
They are pretty quick for a crowd funding project.
I'm still waiting for one item from another on kickstarter thats been going for over a year.

Exactly what I’ve heard from numerous others including a friend of mine that’s in a similar situation as you with your later misery...

May 29, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,759 of 6,859
:) It's an add on for my Canon camera.
Unreleashed I thinks its called.
People are getting well pissed.
It looks like it going to happen just a bit more time.
I'm pretty patient about it.

i've crowd funded a few and not all come through.
The annoying ones are when they dont supply crowd funding then follow through to production and sell online.

Hiby is one of the good ones and probably the fastest I've had on the R6.

May 29, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #1,760 of 6,859
:) It's an add on for my Canon camera.
Unreleashed I thinks its called.
People are getting well pissed.
It looks like it going to happen just a bit more time.
I'm pretty patient about it.

i've crowd funded a few and not all come through.
The annoying ones are when they dont supply crowd funding then follow through to production and sell online.

Hiby is one of the good ones and probably the fastest I've had on the R6.

I agree, Patience is a necessary atribute for these endeavours!

Yes I’ve read & heard some horror stories bout some of the projects leaving backers high & dry & pockets empty after funding some fairly pricy projects!

Point in question below is a comment from a backer from a few days ago for ORA Graphene Q headphones which I back few months back on Indiegogo.

I read the news last week & bet those guys are REALLY PISSED!!

> !!! Ossic X hp was a joke from the get go, not sure why you guys are comparing it with this.

They overshot and tried to do too much without nailing down the core, and their stretch goals ended up killing them.

Ora's stretch goals by comparison are pretty small and easily attained.

Also the people asking for updates is really funny since they always post at the very end/beginning of the month.!!!<

My friend backed a couple, One was for some kinda drone still hasn’t shipped over a year now, you can get faster lighter smarter bettter can dines cheaper that his original backed he’s still waiting for!
Another was done kinda high end DAC similar story!

So all in all I think & feel confident that both my Hiby R3 DAP & my ORA Graphene Q headphones will arrive as a great product s advertisersd for a great price providing me long term great listening pleasure while I’m out & about for coffee pic taking or at home if I do choose!

Cheeers...

May 29, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,761 of 6,859
They had a quite period with the R6 release. Nothing ominous about it. It was delivered.
They are pretty quick for a crowd funding project.
I'm still waiting for one item from another on kickstarter thats been going for over a year.
I funded the Ossic headphones. They actually produced the product and it worked. Reviews were good. Then they announced they didn’t have enough money to produce more and we backers were out of luck. I was not happy, of course, but I knew what I was in for when I backed them. You takes your chances.

May 29, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #1,762 of 6,859
I funded the Ossic headphones. They actually produced the product and it worked. Reviews were good. Then they announced they didn’t have enough money to produce more and we backers were out of luck. I was not happy, of course, but I knew what I was in for when I backed them. You takes your chances.

@Wickham:

Definitely not making lightbt of your predicament with Ossic.

I’ve lost a lot of Big $ backing [meaning purchasing new full warranty big name reputable high end audio gear] that my particular item turned out to be a lemon & even with warranty totally soured me on them as it was more hassle than not to deal with all the time stress etc.
So I know what it’s like to deal with that.

The full article I read a week or so ago on one of the audio/tech websites didn’t paint quite as rosey a pic as you describe.
From my take on what I read overall considering how much $ they took in from backers it was a fiasco or disaster!
Maybe you’re more forgiving than I would’ve been.
I had looked at them & even considered them as they did sound intriguing but could only back 1 headphone & picked ORA!
Check out their Indiegogo project, they just released a May update & all sounds great & really excited on getting them.

But as you say, we take our chances!

Cheers...

May 30, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #1,765 of 6,859
Does anyone know if there is a maximum file limit that the R3 can handle? I remember the R6 thread where we were told there was no limit but since HIBY makes the software and the Shanling DAPs ,using the HIBY software, has had a 15,000 file limit which has existed in awhile, I was curious . I have already joined the Kickstarter but was wondering if anyone had heard anything?

As of now there is a similar limit on number of files that can be indexed by the tag reading system into the Songs, Artists and Genres tabs. That's necessitated by the limited onboard memory juggling more things on the R3 than ever (including TIDAL and any future streaming services). If I had more than 15,000 songs on my SD card for the R3 I would run those that are tagged through mp3tag's Tag-to-filename utility: https://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html
mp3tag.PNG

$iflonger(%albumartist%,,%albumartist%,%artist%)\%album%\$iflonger(%discnumber%,,%discnumber%-,)$num(%track%,2). %title%

(Don't look at it just copy it lol)

This format string would give you hierarchical folders by artists (album artist if that's marked) and then albums, and then track titles numbered by discnumber then track number. You would then be able to use the Folder tab of the R3 to navigate an unlimited number of songs much as if it were the Artist tab in album subview.

(I don't have to answer the same question in email now do I :p )

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 30, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #1,767 of 6,859
As of now there is a similar limit on number of files that can be indexed by the tag reading system into the Songs, Artists and Genres tabs. That's necessitated by the limited onboard memory juggling more things on the R3 than ever (including TIDAL and any future streaming services). If I had more than 15,000 songs on my SD card for the R3 I would run those that are tagged through mp3tag's Tag-to-filename utility: https://www.mp3tag.de/en/index.html

$iflonger(%albumartist%,,%albumartist%,%artist%)\%album%\$iflonger(%discnumber%,,%discnumber%-,)$num(%track%,2). %title%

This format string would give you hierarchical folders by artists (album artist if that's marked) and then albums, and then track titles numbered by discnumber then track number. You would then be able to use the Folder tab of the R3 to navigate an unlimited number of songs much as if it were the Artist tab in album subview.

Thanks for your response Joe, but I am not sure this will work for my use case. Basically i like to shuffle all of my songs when i take a walk and unless i am misunderstanding this will not allow me to do so. Again, i am not sure i understand the process. i do use Mp3Tag to tag my files and have used the tag to filename utility before but not sure how this would work. I will give it a try it on some sample files to see how it works. Hopefully this not not a joke of some kind as FridgeMagnet seems to think. BTW i have had quite a few DAPs in the past that have allowed for larger file libraries > 15,000 (eg. Fiio and even the new Shanling M0), so i don't think this is an ask that is super hard to implement.

May 30, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #1,768 of 6,859
Thanks for your response Joe, but I am not sure this will work for my use case. Basically i like to shuffle all of my songs when i take a walk and unless i am misunderstanding this will not allow me to do so. Again, i am not sure i understand the process. i do use Mp3Tag to tag my files and have used the tag to filename utility before but not sure how this would work. I will give it a try it on some sample files to see how it works. Hopefully this not not a joke of some kind as FridgeMagnet seems to think. BTW i have had quite a few DAPs in the past that have allowed for larger file libraries > 15,000 (eg. Fiio and even the new Shanling M0), so i don't think this is an ask that is super hard to implement.

@Brian Oneal:

!‘Hopefully this not not a joke of some kind as FridgeMagnet seems to thinK’!

Surely You Jest Brian!?!

Fridge Magnet does not & did not think it was a joke!

Please reread my followup response to you when it seems you felt slighted

You >
I thought that was part of what these forums was all about. You know asking questions of fellow posters for info they had already come across. Kind of a snarky response, dude!

FM >

@Brian:
It wasn’t meant to be, apologizes for you getting it the wrong way, just my way of saying things.

Yes it is the point if the forum.

My point was if you’ve been following this thread for any length of time you’ll have noticed a lot of misinformation & numerous people getting all twisted over nothing about this & that about the R3 & it’s specs, option/features & abilities etc.

A lot of overly heated debate about much of it & formyself I just emailed them directly to find out what I wanted to know so there was no chance of mistaking or misinterpretating the details as there was a lot if that here since this started!

So that was my way of response that came across the wrong way.

As for your question myself I have no idea & wouldn’t want to speculate one way or the other.

Cheers...

So Brian, although I do have a GR8 World Famous Sense Of Humour, I didn’t find any humour in your initial question if you’re seriously suggesting so.
Although you failed to recognize there was none in mine either, was just stating a fact that you might reach out & email or post Hiby or Joe for a direct factual answer which he was good enough to supply you with above!

Now you know, so you can start the experiment once you get the R3 in your hands like we will all do with excitement!

Good Luck & Enjoy Your New Toy, I Know I Will...

Cheers :beerchug:

We All Need To :robot:Laugh:robot:More!

May 30, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #1,769 of 6,859
Really? I mean. I have

Really?.. I mean I have over 22k files.... Can you fix this in a firmware update? That's embarrassing ... As most other players have no such limitation

May 30, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #1,770 of 6,859
Link to the ORA Graphene Q headphones Indiegogo/KS exciting end of May update!

Looking good & coming along nicely, can hardly wait, should be a great match with my Hiby R3!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...orlds-first-graphene-headphones/posts/2199787

They look nice.
I'm tempted but have backed R6 and R3 so far this year.
If they had a bit more info on the Bluetooth etc I could go for them.
I use Fiio's RC-BT with FH1 earphones which sound pretty good on the R6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back