The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 27, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #4,801 of 6,859
Just picked up a r3 off Amazon, $149 for this device is hard to pass up. Paired it with Campfire Andro and Senn. IE800.
Sounds really good with both, however the Andros respond extremely well. What I noticed the most was how detailed the treble
was compared to my Mojo with iematch.
Now I realize what a poor pairing that was.
I wasn’t particularly fond of the MSEB or EQ settings.

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #4,802 of 6,859
Just picked up a r3 off Amazon, $149 for this device is hard to pass up. Paired it with Campfire Andro and Senn. IE800.
Sounds really good with both, however the Andros respond extremely well. What I noticed the most was how detailed the treble
was compared to my Mojo with iematch.
Now I realize what a poor pairing that was.
I wasn’t particularly fond of the MSEB or EQ settings.

Hey pal. Was the Mojo used as a headphone amp or DAC from the R3? Do you think the Mojo to IE800 was the problem?

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #4,803 of 6,859
Hey pal. Was the Mojo used as a headphone amp or DAC from the R3? Do you think the Mojo to IE800 was the problem?
Actually I have not connected the R3 and Mojo ( I don’t have USB-C to Coax ).
Honestly the IE800 pairs well with whatever I’ve thrown at it from mojo, Iphone, dragonfly red, iPod classic 7th gen... The Andros, on the other hand, are quite a diff story. I don’t really see a need to add the mojo for my use case. The R3 drives the Andros with ease on low gain half volume.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #4,804 of 6,859
Actually I have not connected the R3 and Mojo ( I don’t have USB-C to Coax ).
Honestly the IE800 pairs well with whatever I’ve thrown at it from mojo, Iphone, dragonfly red, iPod classic 7th gen... The Andros, on the other hand, are quite a diff story. I don’t really see a need to add the mojo for my use case. The R3 drives the Andros with ease on low gain half volume.

The R3 is an excellent DAP for use w iems. It doesn't need a Mojo or any other DAC/amp put between it and iems, maybe headphones. I've owned and sold the Mojo, and own the R3. The DACs used in both are on par in terms of technicality imo

Nov 28, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #4,808 of 6,859
Tonight I experimented something new and I loved the result R3-->Mojo--> Audeze Deckard--> LCD 2 F. It is mind blowing. Everything sounded so clean. It made me instantly happier and brought smile on my face.
I’m gonna be trying the R3 - Mojo - Vorzüge - UE RR soon! Rather excited!

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #4,810 of 6,859
(crossposted from the R6 thread)

I sent Hiby this today.

> With Express I would already have the product but it hasn't even moved yet.
> Handling in The Netherlands takes one day so nobody needs DHL for that. So save me the stories.
> Express is, if DHL handles it completely. Then shipping from door to door takes max 3 days.

> This is NO Express shipment so I demand my $20 back.

It was shipped monday morning with 4PX and is still at their facilities in Dongguan.
I don't even mind about the $20 but I hate being cheated.
Before this I ordered the R3 and that too was a shipping drama.

Their products are fine but expect problems and longer waiting with shipping.

Nov 29, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #4,811 of 6,859
(crossposted from the R6 thread)

I sent Hiby this today.

> With Express I would already have the product but it hasn't even moved yet.
> Handling in The Netherlands takes one day so nobody needs DHL for that. So save me the stories.
> Express is, if DHL handles it completely. Then shipping from door to door takes max 3 days.

> This is NO Express shipment so I demand my $20 back.

It was shipped monday morning with 4PX and is still at their facilities in Dongguan.
I don't even mind about the $20 but I hate being cheated.
Before this I ordered the R3 and that too was a shipping drama.

Their products are fine but expect problems and longer waiting with shipping.

Yup yup, another dutchy here.

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #4,812 of 6,859
hi guys, hope someone can help.
I am streaming music from my NAS to the R3. When i select an album to play, the hiby only plays the first selected song and doesn't/t move on to the next one at the end of the first tune. I am fairly certain the R3 is the problem because when I do the same with a different renderer it all works fine.
Do you guys know if this is a bug or if i'm missing something in the settings?

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #4,813 of 6,859
20181129_072814_HDR.jpg
Here is my setup

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #4,814 of 6,859

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back