The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
May 25, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #1,726 of 6,859
I've backed a fair number of kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns, some startups, some established companies launching a product.

Even knowing that Hiby was already pretty close to ready and shipping in China before the US campaign ended, I'm still happily surprised at how fast the Hiby R3 is shipping, so soon after the close of the campaign. I'm pretty sure it's the fastest I've ever experienced.
With more crowdfunding campaigns were like this.

May 25, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #1,727 of 6,859
I've backed a fair number of kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns, some startups, some established companies launching a product.

Even knowing that Hiby was already pretty close to ready and shipping in China before the US campaign ended, I'm still happily surprised at how fast the Hiby R3 is shipping, so soon after the close of the campaign. I'm pretty sure it's the fastest I've ever experienced.
With more crowdfunding campaigns were like this.

Hey, that’s good to hear.

As for myself this is my 1st but still I thought this was fairly quick from what I’ve been told by others I know who’ve gone thru some extremely long drawn out & frustratingly problematic KS backing going over better part of yr+.

So I’m fine with it all as these should by flying out next week & depending on where you sit on the backing pole [im a late backer so mine will be a bit later but that’s ok.] it’ll be sooner than later, so bring it on!!!

May 25, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #1,728 of 6,859
HiBy certainly seems to have managed this Kickstarter project quite well. Congratulations HiBy! :)

I jumped in as a backer pretty close to the end of the campaign so my R3 will take a bit longer to ship. I am looking forward to receiving my R3 but I'm ok with the wait. I have several DAP's here. The R3 will just add to the enjoyment when it arrives (and almost certainly send my FiiO X5 II to the classifieds).

May 25, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #1,729 of 6,859
Hey, that’s good to hear.

As for myself this is my 1st but still I thought this was fairly quick from what I’ve been told by others I know who’ve gone thru some extremely long drawn out & frustratingly problematic KS backing going over better part of yr+.

So I’m fine with it all as these should by flying out next week & depending on where you sit on the backing pole [im a late backer so mine will be a bit later but that’s ok.] it’ll be sooner than later, so bring it on!!!

My first KS campaign too :) I’m like number 1272 or something so I will have to wait a bit also, don’t know how many they sold on the KS? Will be nice to hear some actual user impressions, I’ve heard the little Shanling MO sounds really good for so tiny a unit, a comparison with that unit would be cool.

I don’t care about streaming services I just want to use it as a transport (maybe) and in my car via LO. I do hope they add LDAC :wink:

May 25, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #1,731 of 6,859
Even if one day I cancel my Tidal sub, R3 "IS" the Chord Poly replacer for me anyhow. I could not follow it due to my working schedule if Tidal offline is still a possibility or not, can anyone clear it out for me please?

May 25, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #1,732 of 6,859
Even if one day I cancel my Tidal sub, R3 "IS" the Chord Poly replacer for me anyhow. I could not follow it due to my working schedule if Tidal offline is still a possibility or not, can anyone clear it out for me please?

Pretty sure they said they weren't able to make Tidal offline a thing.

I do unfortunately have to confirm you guys' fears that TIDAL offline will be called off. :triportsad: For our partner's sake I won't describe the how or why of it. Let's just say it wasn't for want of us being willing to pay or program for it. TIDAL ONLINE will of course be available, as it has been for weeks now in-house.

The good news is that we have been given the go-ahead to integrate clients for at least two other streaming services into the R3. Given the existing work done for our first client (TIDAL) adding these clients won't take long :L3000:

May 25, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #1,733 of 6,859
My first KS campaign too :) I’m like number 1272 or something so I will have to wait a bit also, don’t know how many they sold on the KS? Will be nice to hear some actual user impressions, I’ve heard the little Shanling MO sounds really good for so tiny a unit, a comparison with that unit would be cool.

I don’t care about streaming services I just want to use it as a transport (maybe) and in my car via LO. I do hope they add LDAC :wink:

I’m a few ahead of you in the queue so depending on where you live we likely be getting a few days or so of each other...

May 25, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #1,735 of 6,859
I’m a few ahead of you in the queue so depending on where you live we likely be getting a few days or so of each other...
I got in on the last day, so it will be interesting to see when I get mine.

May 26, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #1,737 of 6,859
A friend of mine also backed last day or so, but were all good with that as it means we’re getting the great little R3 soon & that’s all that matters providing us/Me with an excellent audio experience with my Focal Elear:):beerchug:
Wow, that‘s a very high-end headphone to pair with the R3! What DAC/AMP have you been using with them so far? Please report your experiences when you get the R3, how it compares to other sources with the Elear!

May 26, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #1,738 of 6,859
Wow, that‘s a very high-end headphone to pair with the R3! What DAC/AMP have you been using with them so far? Please report your experiences when you get the R3, how it compares to other sources with the Elear!

@SG:

Yes, will try & do so.

Yes it I is but that very fact makes me want to get maximum use & value out of them for my mobility use, leaving them at home really is kind of wasting them.
I also have & use outside a great pair of Deon AH-D7200 hp, Audioquest Nighthawks which are great as well but the bar at the top of band makes them a bit more problematic to take out as well as for just BT use I have the Focal Listen Wireless. [also have a like new pair of AKG K701’s not in use anymore]

So I alternate usage depending on how I feel or where I’m going & doing outside.

Well since I’ve been undecided on what I wanted to get/use for my mobile/portable use for quite some time, passing up on numerous other well received & highly reviewed but many too expensive.
Almost got the R6 but exchange rate was too onerous & killed that idea] so it’s mostly for when I’m out for coffee/photography etc which is most everyday I decided on the R3 since it’s extremely small & lightweight.

Also thoughts of getting the Mytek Clef & or the iFi xDSD to use my iP8+ but obviously want to liberate myself from it & iTunes etc
The R3 will allow me to download HiRes audio files & do justice to my Focal Elear & Denon D7200 headphones!

I’ve also got a JDS LABS C5 hp amp, XDuoo X3 DAP, an iFi Nano iDSD.

My uncertainty for a great small light portable DAP to play primarily HiRes files seems to be answered with the R3, but deciding on my what to use for my home audio system has been narrowed down to a few early choices of DAC/Amps like the Naim DAC-V1, the Mytek Brooklyn+ & the new iFi
Pro – iDSD, but now that the Pro iDSD has just come out it’s looking like the real deal & I think that’ll be the winner for my home audio system!
Will likely get it this fall, Black Friday/Xmas I hope.

So as you can see I’m in the midst of trying to solve all my audio listening needs [at once] sooner than later.

Just trying to sort it all out now so I can just stop listen & enjoy my music.

Cheers...

May 26, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #1,739 of 6,859
My uncertainty for a great small light portable DAP to play primarily HiRes files seems to be answered with the R3, but deciding on my what to use for my home audio system has been narrowed down to a few early choices of DAC/Amps like the Naim DAC-V1, the Mytek Brooklyn+ & the new iFi
Pro – iDSD, but now that the Pro iDSD has just come out it’s looking like the real deal & I think that’ll be the winner for my home audio system!

So as you can see I’m in the midst of trying to solve all my audio listening needs [at once] sooner than later.

Cheers...

I would be interested in knowing what you will be using for a music source in your home system. Would also like to know what kind of amplifier and you will have

May 26, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,740 of 6,859
@SG:

Yes, will try & do so.

I’ve also got a JDS LABS C5 hp amp, XDuoo X3 DAP, an iFi Nano iDSD.

Cheers...

Wow, sounds like you are heavily invested in headphones :):triportsad::beyersmile::L3000::smile_phones::darthsmile::dt880smile::k701smile::o2smile:
Did you ever hear or own a Chord DAC?
The Mojo is astounding with headphones, but even better with my 10k stereo system.
I’m now considering a Qutest as a home DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back