The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
May 9, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #722 of 917
How do I switch it to the low gain setting...instructions....?

I am using it withmy custom IEM's and it sound good, but I think the lower would be better since I barely turn it on as of now!
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #723 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do I switch it to the low gain setting...instructions.. ..?

I am using it withmy custom IEM's and it sound good, but I think the lower would be better since I barely turn it on as of now!
biggrin.gif

Remove the back panel and battery. Unscrew the two front panel screws and slide the case off. Look for a jumper on the citcuit board, and move it change the gain. Reassemble.

I had to do this for my Livewires a while back, but already forgot what it looks like inside.

Hope this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

May 9, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #724 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do I switch it to the low gain setting...instructions....?

biggrin.gif

like headphoneaddict said, open then box at those tiny screws - be careful not to strip the heads - and slide it out

there should be a jumper there connecting 2 pins together (maybe 2 jumpers, connecting 2 pins each). Just disconnect them by having the jumper being only on one pin.

reassemble!

your headsix should have come with a manual tho - I guess you got it second hand and thus the manual wasn't with it anymore?

*has already ordered Freqshows for his headsix* XD

May 9, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #725 of 917
Thanks for the replies.

It was easy...good thing I have a lot of tiny screwdrivers!

The sound better now and the volume in much more fluid. The high gain was jumpy and distorted when moving the pot. The low gain is very smooth.

May 23, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #727 of 917
Does this drive the Denon 2000s well?

How does it compare to the Corda 2MOVE? Or Arietta (yes, I know it's not portable)?

May 27, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #728 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(BTW - What is wrong with this thread? Why does it expand over such a large width? Holy broken CSS... the other threads on Head-Fi don't do that.)

thx for finding this - was driving me mad. having to use ie7 for this thread, ***.

May 31, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #730 of 917
I am not happy with the headsix and my K701's. At first I was, but after a few months went by, I feel that the 701's just need more power. I use the headsix with my ER6i's and think it is a perfect combo. It gives then the added bass boost and I coundn't be happier with this combo.
I guess I will have to get something with more power for my K701's, maybe a desk amp.

Jun 1, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #731 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not happy with the headsix and my K701's. At first I was, but after a few months went by, I feel that the 701's just need more power. I use the headsix with my ER6i's and think it is a perfect combo. It gives then the added bass boost and I coundn't be happier with this combo.
I guess I will have to get something with more power for my K701's, maybe a desk amp.

yea k701s aren't really what it was made for. Did you try changing the gain? If you like the er6i you should try the er4p or er4s with an amp
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #732 of 917
Hey Guys,

This is an update for switching from high gain to low gain
I did what you had indicated - "Open the amp by unscrewing the tiny screws - be careful not to strip the heads - and slide it out. There should be a jumper there connecting 2 pins together (maybe 2 jumpers, connecting 2 pins each). Just disconnect them by having the jumper being only on one pin."

There actually 2 connectors each having it's own jumper. I diconnected 1 leaving the other intact, but what happend was the sound was more pronouced which ever side the jumper was on. So I finally just disconnected both and the sound balanced out.

Just an update, and thanks to all

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #734 of 917
I've been listening to my D2 through my Headsix and a set of MS-2i's for a few months now and am quite happy. Happy enough to quit looking for more gear and just get down and listen to music. I even use the amp between the D2 and my car stereo (Really nice bass boost).
The only issues are: the crunchy pot (OK when I'm not moving it, though) and the placement of the LED almost under the volume knob. I've run through a few batteries by inadvertantly leaving the amp on. If the LED were more visible this might not happen.
Don't get me wrong....I'm very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back