The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Jul 21, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #751 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mmm it feels more like the protrusions themselves that are loose!

latch meaning? protrusions or the faceplate themselves?

Well, here's the quick'n'dirty way - just squeeze the thin latches with some pliers (while pressing down on the opposite latch with your fingers). You might scratch the aluminum if you're not careful, but it works 100%.

P7210222-800.jpg

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #755 of 917
Just sent a message. Hope there still are some.

What are people's impression of the amp?

EDIT: Saw a 2nd hand one of these for sale, but was missing the screwdriver. Is it very important? And If it is, where can I get a replacement?

Aug 1, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #756 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just sent a message. Hope there still are some.

What are people's impression of the amp?

EDIT: Saw a 2nd hand one of these for sale, but was missing the screwdriver. Is it very important? And If it is, where can I get a replacement?

It is just a small Philips screwdriver. You can buy one in any hardware store.
The amplifier is very good. It drives my DT 880 well although not as loud as a desktop amplifier.
My only gripe is the scratchy sound that you may hear when you turn the volume up/down, but it is noisless otherwise.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #758 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think they are.. =) maybe not the silver one but no harm asking.

Just ordered a silver. Cant wait for it to get here...

Someone was asking about rechargeable batteries and if there's any recommended by Dr Meier. I was interested too, so I asked him when I purchased the Headsix:
He doesn't have a recommendation of any brand
smile.gif
, but warned me that some rechargeables can be too big.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #759 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's actually good that the tiny, sub-par screw driver is missing. It would only mangle the screws, not open them. Better use a quality screw driver to prevent any damage.

x2
Do not attempt to use the included screwdriver. It damaged the screw to the point I nearly couldn't remove the screw. The included screwdriver does not fit the screw well, and damages it.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #764 of 917
different animals

Aug 6, 2008 at 8:01 AM Post #765 of 917
I have a Headsix - and I love it! The synergy with Beyerdynamic DT-880 is absolutely excellent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back