The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Mar 31, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #706 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanRex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I'll try to find a good 9V rechargeable battery. Those are pretty hard to come by in France though
frown.gif

Decend NiMH cells are important (Varta, Duracell, Energizer, ...) - but even more important is having a good charger. One that charges fast (~4 hours or so - NiMH doesn't like to be charged slow), that has refresh/regeneration cycles, that recognizes faulty batteries, that shuts off after charging or keeps the battery on "support" charge, that has individual circuits for each battery, etc.

This is an excellent charger, but it doesn't come cheap: ANSMANN AG: Energy 4 (ca. EUR 50,-) - but in the long run it sure pays off having a good charger instead of a crappy one, since you can use the batteries longer, and get more out of them.

Apr 1, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #707 of 917
Well, I just ordered that charger and a 9V-250mah ansmann battery. Hope the battery is good too. And thanks for the advice!

Apr 6, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #708 of 917
I take back what I said about the UM2s not benefitting from an amp. The Headsix gives my UM2s more bass and a fuller sound overall. Definitely better - but not the change that my HD595s have, or my HD280s had. (For reference, I have about 50 hours on my Headsix).

For more opinions on amping Westone UM2s - see Headphone Reviews :: Westone UM2

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #709 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldekelly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I take back what I said about the UM2s not benefitting from an amp. The Headsix gives my UM2s more bass and a fuller sound overall. Definitely better - but not the change that my HD595s have, or my HD280s had. (For reference, I have about 50 hours on my Headsix).
[/url]

I agree with you. The improvement is there but very subtle. Is it worth to carry it around when it does not make much of a difference? maybe.....

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #710 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with you. The improvement is there but very subtle. Is it worth to carry it around when it does not make much of a difference? maybe.....

I wouldn't say "VERY" subtle - but it does bring that question to mind - is it worth carrying an amp. I don't mind carrying the headsix - so, yes it is worth it.

Apr 12, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #711 of 917
I tried both my MDR-NC60 and EX90SL phones both unamped and with the HeadSix, and I noticed a big difference with my MZ-NH700, there was more fullness with the HeadSix than without, and have hardly used it with it as I use an RM-MC40ELK remote control with my NH700. I usually just used it unamped because of the remote but will now just get a short cord to run opposite of the remote so I can use my HeadSix with my NH700 and remote combo.

BTW, the audio boost is much more with a line out than with a phones out, as I tried the HeadSix with my vintage MZ-R50's line out, but prefer to use the phones jack because of the added EQ/MegaBass boost.

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #714 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by killkli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rg2720:
Just email Jan for it. It's still up for sell!

Yeah i tried to PM him last night, but no reply yet. Could you PM me his email?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #716 of 917
Just got my Black Headsix Amp today and it makes my D2 sound so good it is unbelievable.

Took 10 days from the day I ordered it to delivery in Wisconsin, USA.

Thanks Jan for a great little amplifier.

Apr 22, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #718 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by sound_now /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I will get the headsixx tomorrow. Now I want to get the DT770 headphones as well. Should I take the 80ohm or the 250ohm version?

Regards!

go for the 80ohm one, since you're going to match it to a portable amp.

Apr 23, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #720 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by sound_now /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I will match them to the Headsixx Amp.

iPod nano -> Headsixx -> DT770

So I will take the 80ohm version right?

yep, sounds right
smily_headphones1.gif
enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back