The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Feb 15, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #616 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggiesized /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many are left?

I forgot to ask Jan about that, so I have no idea.

Feb 16, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #617 of 917
I asked about a week ago and Jan said that there would be enough to last at least another month. I guess that's open to interpretation.

Feb 17, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #619 of 917
DOUGHN,

I use my Headsix with either E4c's or PX100's when mobile with an iPod 160GB Classic playing mostly Apple lossless. I was on a long coach trip over the last few days (with an u13 boys rugby team) and having seen your post beforehand, I tried to do a reasonable listening comparison with and without the Headsix. It does improve the bass through the E4c's. It is more "forward" in the mix and more clearly defined. They are still not the IE's to get if you want "strong" bass, but through the Headsix you get a more balanced sound whilst retaining the superb mid and high detail and clarity.

Feb 17, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #620 of 917
Any amp will improve the bass on most portable players. Almost no portable player is able to drive low impedance phones properly without a severe roll-off in the bass registers - an amp takes the load off the crappy internal amp of a DAP and fixes the frequency response (among other things). But yeah, the Headsix is a nice amp to do so.
wink.gif

RightMark Audio Analyzer test: comparison

Feb 18, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #621 of 917
Recieved my Headsix today. Have to say that this little thing really surprised me. I did not expect it to sound this good, right out of the box even. Can't wait to burn it in. I will probably use my dt770's with it when I'm in my car. Great product, recommend it.

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #622 of 917
how would this amp sound with the 250 version of the DT770? anyone tryed them out?

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #623 of 917
another request...how do these sounds with AKG 701's? I'm thinking about picking up a set (damnit, the money is flying away)

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #624 of 917
I tried it briefly with my friend's 701 while helping him run it in(from 32h to almost 450h). It does give a nice warm signature to it but cannot really drive it with authority. If you like the Mier sound you might wanna try a 2move as it has the high current mode which might work better.

Feb 19, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #625 of 917
Got my silver amp today. Jan shipped it on 1/31 like he promised but the wonderful Chicago Post Office must have sat on it for a while. I don't have a 9V here at work so it'll have to wait until I get home for a listen
frown.gif

When I placed the order, I thought I had mad a mistake not ordering a black one to match my iPod but I really do like the silver now that I see it.

Feb 20, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #626 of 917
I bought one to go with my laptop for movies. I wanted The Tomahawk but it was too expensive for only a few hours of listening a week. All I'm after is a cheaper good amp, hopefully it won't disappoint.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #627 of 917
i am using the headsix right now but i do not know if it's in high gain or low gain. what is the stock set-up?
if i want to change the gain, i need to open up the chassis with a screw driver. is it easy to do?

Feb 26, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #628 of 917
High gain is the default setting - the two jumpers on the circuit board next to the battery connectors are bridged (as shown in the Headsix manual). Remove the jumpers for low gain.

Don't try to open the Headsix with the crappy included screw driver - you'll very likely just mangle the screws. With a proper screw driver however the Headsix is very easy to open.

(BTW - What is wrong with this thread? Why does it expand over such a large width? Holy broken CSS... the other threads on Head-Fi don't do that.)

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #629 of 917
What is the preferred gain setting for Grado SR80? I'm currently running it on the default gain.
Quote:

Don't try to open the Headsix with the crappy included screw driver - you'll very likely just mangle the screws. With a proper screw driver however the Headsix is very easy to open.

I tried that and looks like I've actually mangled the screws. HELPPPP!!!! How do I remove the screws?

Feb 26, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #630 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by aTOOL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the preferred gain setting for Grado SR80? I'm currently running it on the default gain.

Definitely low gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back