The HEADSIX, a Head-Fi support sales-action
Oct 11, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #121 of 917
I just realised one thing while looking at the picture of the amps. The stretched triangle-sign indicates that you increase the volume by turning the knob anti-clockwise, is this really so?

I know it doesn't matter at all but was curious if it's a (cosmetic) design flaw or if it's constructed that way.

Edit: Thinking about it more the triangle is correct this way. It's just that it almost always has the thin part to the left. I'm tired....

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #122 of 917
To give you an impression regarding the size of this amplifier (besides the measures), three comparison pics with a iPod nano. Maybe it is of interest for someone.

snejk,

I think, that your first thought was right, on my TV the symbol is used in the opposite direction.

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #123 of 917
Thanks for the pics! Amazing the good sound (hopefully) that is fit into such a small package . And I also think the symbol is normally the other way. Ordered one of these. Was being patient but those pics are starting to get me fired up.

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #124 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by curgimib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Deathwish 238

My Headsix arrived two days ago and can drive the Senn HD650.
The delivered Headsix is set on high gain and should have no problems
to drive also 250 ohm headphones.I talked to Jan yesterday and he told
me,that 250 ohm headphones will have no problems.
Generally I tell you ,that you would be very satisfied with the Headsix,like me.
Unbelievable relationship of performance and price.

Is that off the 9v battery alone?

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #125 of 917
Is the Headsix more powerful than the Mini^3?

Quote:

Originally Posted by curgimib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Deathwish 238

My Headsix arrived two days ago and can drive the Senn HD650.
The delivered Headsix is set on high gain and should have no problems
to drive also 250 ohm headphones.I talked to Jan yesterday and he told
me,that 250 ohm headphones will have no problems.
Generally I tell you ,that you would be very satisfied with the Headsix,like me.
Unbelievable relationship of performance and price.

hmm I went ahead and e-mailed Jan, he said "For truly loud levels you may consider something different."

So I this may not be enough to play the DT990s loudly

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #127 of 917
If you listen to music louder than the Headsize will play it, I don't think you'll need an amp or headphones for all that long - you'll be deaf
biggrin.gif

And by the way, Jan is not a "she"
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #129 of 917
Wow, very fast delivery, I just got my amp. I sent my PayPal funds on tuesday, so it was very nice to have a new amp before weekend.
cool.gif

And wow, very nice sound.
lambda.gif

This is not the first product which I got from Jan Meier, and definitely not the last. Reasonable price and awesome sound really meets here.

Oct 12, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #130 of 917
What's the burn-in time for this baby again? Or does it sound good out of the box already?

Oct 12, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #131 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by staid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, very fast delivery, I just got my amp. I sent my PayPal funds on tuesday, so it was very nice to have a new amp before weekend.
cool.gif

Got mine today as well after sending the paypal funds on tuesday morning. I'm impressed by the speed of the delivery and the very good communication with the dr. Haven't had the time to do proper listening to the amp yet but so far I'm pretty impressed, first time with portable amp.

Oct 12, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #132 of 917
Got mine today as well after placing order over the weekend. Very impressed with the fast shipping and what comes in the box with the amp. Excellent product, it seems, to this point. Looking forward to getting home and giving this a listen. First dealing with Dr. Meier and it is very positive so far.

Oct 12, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #134 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you listen to music louder than the Headsize will play it, I don't think you'll need an amp or headphones for all that long - you'll be deaf
biggrin.gif

And by the way, Jan is not a "she"
wink.gif

lol...
blink.gif

I can't wait for someone to review the Headsix...I need to know how it compares to the Move...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back