The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread
Jul 2, 2005 at 3:02 PM Post #362 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by masan
woa guys. Just one step at a time..I just got my SR60s.

Welcome to the club! And sorry about your wallet!!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #363 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by masan
woa guys. Just one step at a time..I just got my SR60s.

That's the best "first step" that someone can make in headphones. The Sr-60 are the most democratic hi-end gear around. Congratulation and happy listening with your new marvellous little Grado!
cool.gif

Andrea

Jul 4, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #365 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by dumas045
What are the best pads for the Sr-60's? I just quatermodded the comfies and find that it has alot of sibilance. Would unmodded Senn pads be good?

Welcome to HeadFi, sorry about your wallet
smily_headphones1.gif
It's not its fault you spend too much money from it!
I've used unmodded Sennheiser HD414 pads with the SR60, and I find they are quite comfortable and dont't have sibilance(at least, not for my bright ears). They do sound very good though. You might want to try a pair, or get two, and VWAP mod one pair while keeping the other unmodded. That's what I did.
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jul 4, 2005 at 8:17 AM Post #367 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by dumas045
Do you know where I could buy the HD414 pads besides the Sennheiser site? They don't ship to Guam.

Um, Guam, huh? Hmmm... Perhaps you could email Sennheiser support and ask for advice on that one? Perhaps if you have relatives in a country that is on their shipping availability list, you could get it through them?
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 6, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #368 of 869
Wow, I joined this site knowing absolutely nothing about headphones...thanks to the info here I ordered the sr60's from headroom. I don't think they were in stock so I probably won't have them for a week or so. I'm hoping they can make my cheapo panasonic cd walkman sound good.

I also do some short wave radio listening and am an amateur radio operator, so they may get some usage there also..

Thanks again to the members for all the great info...WOOHOO!!

Steve

Jul 6, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #369 of 869
I'm groovin groovin groovin...and the people at work are looking at me like i've lost my mind
tongue.gif

Music : Pink Floyd - The Wall!
Source: Rio karma
Amp : LOL...nevah!
Cans: SR-60 with Flat Pads

bada bing bada BOOM!!!

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:24 AM Post #370 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by desmoface
Wow, I joined this site knowing absolutely nothing about headphones...thanks to the info here I ordered the sr60's from headroom. I don't think they were in stock so I probably won't have them for a week or so. I'm hoping they can make my cheapo panasonic cd walkman sound good.

I also do some short wave radio listening and am an amateur radio operator, so they may get some usage there also..

Thanks again to the members for all the great info...WOOHOO!!

Steve

I read Monitoring Times, Amateur CQ, and the other magazines. I find that they do reviews of headphones from time to time, but they really ought to branch out into "audiophile brand names" just for the fun of it. When you go on air, let your buddies know about Head-Fi and let them know your opinions about your new Grado SR-60s. I think they will be surprised by the variety of choices and the depth of knowledge available to them!

By the way, I'm eyeing that Eton E1 or the Polk Audio I-SONIC. I kind of want something that blends the two technologies together between the two. However, I don't think they have engineered such a super radio yet. Oh well, I'll continue to scour the magazines and the websites for the perfect high end radio.

Radio is not dead! It is the most democratic and free form of human expression worldwide and its history is rich beyond belief.

I am now listening to SIRIUS Satellite Radio Channel #2 through my SONY KV-20FS120 TV and Ue-10 PROs. It is good! Better than terrestial and commercial AM/FM radio, but lacking a human presence!

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:43 PM Post #371 of 869
Hi Welly Wu, to be honest I don't read any of the magazines, I used to subscribe to qrz but that was when I was active on the bands. Anymore all I really do is listen. When I first got licensed I was heavy into cw (morse code) so sound quality wasn't an issue. Over the last several years though a new phenomenon has taken amatuer radio by storm. Operators are using studio mic's and studio processing equipment for what they call "hi-fi single side band. Bascially you get near broadcast quality audio on the amateur bands. Very pleasant to listen to.

What I enjoy is listening, mostly to pirate radio stations and spy/numbers stations. My radio is a kenwood ts-450sat that I bought new about 10 years ago. Great radio but it is meant to be an amateur transceiver so the bandwith (recieve and transmit) is about 3 khz which isn't great for sound quality LOL...

Anyway, I thouroughly enjoy tuning up the rig on a sunday morning and catching some of the pirate stations that frequent the bands..very fun..Hopefully I'll be listening with my new sr-60's soon
lambda.gif

Steve

P.S. if your interested check out www.frn.net (free radio network) and tune in around 6925-6950 mhz on the weekends/holidays for pirate activity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu
I read Monitoring Times, Amateur CQ, and the other magazines. I find that they do reviews of headphones from time to time, but they really ought to branch out into "audiophile brand names" just for the fun of it. When you go on air, let your buddies know about Head-Fi and let them know your opinions about your new Grado SR-60s. I think they will be surprised by the variety of choices and the depth of knowledge available to them!

By the way, I'm eyeing that Eton E1 or the Polk Audio I-SONIC. I kind of want something that blends the two technologies together between the two. However, I don't think they have engineered such a super radio yet. Oh well, I'll continue to scour the magazines and the websites for the perfect high end radio.

Radio is not dead! It is the most democratic and free form of human expression worldwide and its history is rich beyond belief.

I am now listening to SIRIUS Satellite Radio Channel #2 through my SONY KV-20FS120 TV and Ue-10 PROs. It is good! Better than terrestial and commercial AM/FM radio, but lacking a human presence!

Jul 7, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #372 of 869
Just posting my appretiation for the SR-60's.
smily_headphones1.gif
They are my first and only set of real cans (so far), and I must say, I'm loving them. Even with stock pads, they are extremely comfortable.

The only thing I don't like thus far is, the bass seems to be lacking. However, that may be because I'm using it with onboard sound at the moment.
biggrin.gif
My modded Emu 0404 with Custom IC's to a PIMETA hasn't arrived yet.

Jul 12, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #373 of 869
GOT ME BLOODY SR-60's!!
280smile.gif

I'm one happy headphone listening mofo..sounds great through my panasonic portable mp3/cd player...these are my first good quality headphones and I have to say it's money well spent...WOOHOO!!

Steve

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #374 of 869
The rest of my audio setup arrived yesterday (thanks to Zemo of www.z-audio.com), and I must say, it's quite impressive! I'm definately a Grado fanboy now!

Jul 14, 2005 at 12:04 AM Post #375 of 869
Sr-60. Umm... That's how I started with the Grado line. Je, je, get ready to climb the stairs to heaven.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I remember my old SR-60 with nostalgic. One dark and a late night, I was in front of my Pc, I had my SR-60 on and suddenly I went to this website with weird sounds. To make the story short, I got scared to death. I put my SR-60 aside and went to sleep. I will always remember that fright night on SR-60's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back