The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #601 of 869
Some more love for the grado sr60 before the new year ends. Just got these for christmas and I love em. They are bright but at lower volumes this doesn't bother me too much. Got them for work and now will see if I can get a hold of a cheap amp to drive these as i'm just using my audigy 2 sound card for now.

Jan 4, 2008 at 12:37 PM Post #602 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by aureus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you tell me where to buy this headphone if you want it shipped to Germany?
smily_headphones1.gif
Amazon.com doesn’t ship to Germany and the German resellers are way too expensive (~$200 for the SR60!!)..

Heard these guys send them overseas...

Jan 4, 2008 at 12:59 PM Post #603 of 869
Can I safely say the red line in this FR graph is approx the 'ideal line' for natural sound? If so; what effect will the Senns 414 pads have, considering this graph is made with their original comfies on;
gradosr60nm6.jpg

More bass; desirable
Less highs at 1,400 hz to 10,000 hz; also desirable
Less highs at 10,000+ hz; not good

Seeing the isolating effect the (unplugged) cans have for noise from outside with comfies on;
graphCompare.php

gives the impression that having the thicker 414's on will reduce that part a bit more, which would be mostly desirable, I guess.
This would kind of keep me from cutting a coin hole in the 414's though, unless this only boosts the 10,000+ hz part.

Any ideas on this anyone?

Jan 5, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #604 of 869
I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for turning me on to these headphones.

I got a pair of in-ear phones for my iPod for Christmas and they just made me realize how badly I wanted a nice, over the ear set of cans. So I decided to do some research online and found this site and then this thread. After all the glowing reviews I found a local shop that had the these in stock and picked up a pair and all I can say is wow... these are fantastic!

Listening to Abbey Road (lossless) right now and loving every minute of it.

Peace!

Jan 5, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #605 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethandt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for turning me on to these headphones.

I got a pair of in-ear phones for my iPod for Christmas and they just made me realize how badly I wanted a nice, over the ear set of cans. So I decided to do some research online and found this site and then this thread. After all the glowing reviews I found a local shop that had the these in stock and picked up a pair and all I can say is wow... these are fantastic!

Listening to Abbey Road (lossless) right now and loving every minute of it.

Peace!

Great news. So you were able to find them locally. Did they allow you to demo the Grados first?

Jan 5, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #606 of 869
Yes, they set me up in a quiet room with the SR60's, SR80's and SR 125's. Spent about an hour listening to all of them with my iPod. For me, the SR60's were the warmest of the bunch. They all sounded great but the 80's and 125's were alot brighter to my ears so I went with the 60's. Maybe the others would sound better if I had an amp but since I don't I liked the 60's the best for sure. They also had extra pads like the ones that are on the 80's so I bought those and that as well made a nice difference.

Anyway, been listening to them ever since I got home and they seem to handle every type of music I throw at them so I am very happy.

Jan 19, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #607 of 869
hello,

I'm new there. I decided that i'll purchase the grado SR-60. Unfortunately, I do not live in the US. I know someone which is an airplanes pilot. He is a friend of my parent and I don't want to annoy him. I would like to know if I can ask him to bring me back thoses cans... but don't want him to search for them neither. Is it "widely" distributed in stores? Where did you get yours?

thanks.

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:28 PM Post #608 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by crygor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello,

I'm new there. I decided that i'll purchase the grado SR-60. Unfortunately, I do not live in the US. I know someone which is an airplanes pilot. He is a friend of my parent and I don't want to annoy him. I would like to know if I can ask him to bring me back thoses cans... but don't want him to search for them neither. Is it "widely" distributed in stores? Where did you get yours?

thanks.

Very widely stored indeed. Many times even in airports
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #609 of 869
I just got my grados in the mail today. And I will say they are quite an interesting headphone. A hell of a lot different than my Senneheisers HD 555s.

I like them so far.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2008 at 8:53 AM Post #610 of 869
I just move to a new home and don't have acces yet to my RS-1, i use only the sr60 now directly from the output of my PC, and Wow !!!!!! the fact to not use my RS-1 yet since 3 week's make me forget how this entry level headphone sound Amazing !!!!!, even without a external DAC he sound Outstanding !!, i watched a movie on my PC yesterday and all minutes of the movie i was saying to myself How can a headphone sound So good !!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Anybody here should test at least one in his life a Grado headphone, don't miss that !!

Feb 9, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #611 of 869
Quote:

Originally Posted by crygor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello,

thanks.

I dont live in the USA but I go on vacation each year. I have seen SR60s in most Virgin Megastores for less than half of what I paid for them online in the UK. $60 was the lowest price that I have seen them for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back