The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread
Oct 11, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #1,066 of 1,528
Yeah, I understand your frustration. The main thing he should have not done was sending the shipping notice after you told him it got stolen. It is something of bad taste.

It is true Todd might have tons of customers writing him mails about stuff, but darn it, that is part of his job. They are his customers and it is part of the service he is giving. He also failed to send the shipping info when time came for it to be shipped and that is on Todd to blame.

I really wish you get compensated in some way, and your money doesn't end lost.

Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by busanblues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow.. what's you ****ing problem.. so it's ok for him to sending me an email and tell me that he would send me a tracking number when the thing gets shipped out and never write me an email before thing gets stolen...??? that's not his responsibility???
if I knew i would check for the box on my way out not on my way back... I was kind of nice about it because there is no guarantee that thing get stolen after i left my apt it could have happened before so wouldn't make any difference..
and one things for sure that if i knew it was coming on that day i would never walked out...
and to make things worse he's sending me that shipping notice email after i tell him that thing got stolen...
so don't tell me he has nothing to do with it...

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #1,067 of 1,528
Quote:

wow.. what's you ****ing problem.. so it's ok for him to sending me an email and tell me that he would send me a tracking number when the thing gets shipped out and never write me an email before thing gets stolen...??? that's not his responsibility???
if I knew i would check for the box on my way out not on my way back... I was kind of nice about it because there is no guarantee that thing get stolen after i left my apt it could have happened before so wouldn't make any difference..
and one things for sure that if i knew it was coming on that day i would never walked out...
and to make things worse he's sending me that shipping notice email after i tell him that thing got stolen...
so don't tell me he has nothing to do with it...

This is USPS' responsibility here. It's nice enough for Todd to even contact them for you. Yes, Todd may be at fault for sending the shipping notice late, but taking out your anger on him is unfair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I understand your frustration. The main thing he should have not done was sending the shipping notice after you told him it got stolen. It is something of bad taste.

It is true Todd might have tons of customers writing him mails about stuff, but darn it, that is part of his job. They are his customers and it is part of the service he is giving. He also failed to send the shipping info when time came for it to be shipped and that is on Todd to blame.

I really wish you get compensated in some way, and your money doesn't end lost.

Good luck.

One thing about receiving the shipping info, at least he has a lead on what his options is with regards to USPS. Yes, it may be bad taste, but still an incredibly useful piece of info to have.

Oct 11, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #1,068 of 1,528
Todd totally should have sent out a shipping notice before the phones left his place. If he did Busanblues would have kept an eye on their arrivel. I have ordered many things from Todd and I received shipping notices in advance every single time. It is his normal practice and it sounds like he failed to do it this time for some reason. You can blame USPS and the rough area Busanblues is in, but the fact is he didn't do anything wrong and has been waiting for months for these headphones. I do feel for him and would not be very happy if it happened to me.

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #1,069 of 1,528
Quote:

what an ******* todd is..
i got my hf2 stolen (i never got the tracking number so i didn't know it was there, later on that day only thing left under my apartment entrance was empty box..)

Does this not strike anyone else as odd? When things get stolen, thieves take the whole package. I would think a thief looks much more conspicuous opening a box and removing the goods than they would taking the whole thing with them. Plus, it gives the recipient much more cause to look at avenues besides theft if they have no physical evidence that a package was there. I would like to see a picture of the opened box.

And Todd's not a *******, as you say. He's one of the nice guys in the industry.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #1,070 of 1,528
Todd is indeed a nice guy and he communicates well with his customers too. He shipped my HF2 early because I told him that I would be away for four weeks. He made sure the headphones arrived before I left.
However, I can understand why Busanblues felt unhappy about the whole thing. Maybe the strong language was uncalled-for but I can imagine myself swearing too if I found out my limited edition headphones were stolen and it could have been avoid had I known that they were on their way. I hope there's a happy ending to this story.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #1,071 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by 03029174 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How come there are so many of these going up for sale?

Because they are not really that good a headphone, especially for the price.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #1,072 of 1,528
Because no headphone is for everyone, but a pretty broad cross section of folks ordered these unheard. How many other headphones sell 500 pairs that fast?

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #1,073 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because no headphone is for everyone, but a pretty broad cross section of folks ordered these unheard. How many other headphones sell 500 pairs that fast?

that, and some people bought them for the sole purpose of reselling for a profit

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #1,074 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that, and some people bought them for the sole purpose of reselling for a profit

Some of the sellers are not asking for that much more than they paid for the phones though.

Oct 11, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #1,075 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How dare you.
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #1,076 of 1,528
Blame the tough economy.

For example, the exchange rate between Rupiah (this is Indonesia's currency) to the US$ has always been in the range of 10,000 to 10,500 Rupiah to 1 US$ but it dropped to a record-breaking 9,300 last week. Right now it's in the range of 9,600.

Oct 11, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #1,077 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of the sellers are not asking for that much more than they paid for the phones though.

i didnt say all
wink.gif
in fact, it seems that MOST sales are legitimate
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #1,078 of 1,528
looks like you are my ****ing problem. Did you ever think to get a post office box and insurance? You're the ***** who chose to live in a such a god forsaken hole and didn't take the precautions to protect your interests./QUOTE]

i would have take the precautions to protect my interests i couldn't for the reasons above.. for a student trying to be at home when the package is coming is precaution and always worked and i don't think i am asking too much...
dude. whatever

Have you notified USPS?/QUOTE]

yes, and this time they left my amp3 with my next door neighbor..

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #1,079 of 1,528
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i didnt say all
wink.gif
in fact, it seems that MOST sales are legitimate
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree that some people must have bought them with profit in mind. The ones that are flooding the for sale forum at the moment don't seem to be those. I wouldn't go through all the trouble and waiting just to make $50. I am a bit more greedy than that.
wink.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #1,080 of 1,528
how could anyone sell this after listening to it!!!???
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back