The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Sep 8, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #3,481 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by geestring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He said he was into audio... but then again he recommened UM2. by the way he was talking it sounded like hethought custom earphones were overkill for listening to music... so I won't listen to him
smily_headphones1.gif

But I would save $60 from Super Freqs to freQ of Natures. However, I bet I would always be curious about the triple drivers.

Now I just got my impressions done at another place. The woman was sort of commenting on how tiny my ear canals were. She said she was sure if they could fit a triple driver in it and that I might need to go with 2. Is this a possiblity?

nah, you will be fine. The ear canal only has the 2 sound tubes in it. All the electronics are in the body.

My audiologist also talked about Westone a little. I think Westone just has more deals with audiologists. Since they also supply this industry, they are probably better known to these folks. I'm sure the Westones are wonderful headphones, but The FreQ is cheaper.

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #3,486 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by B@rt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After shooting them an email I got it back saying it was blocked by their spam filter...

To be continued.
popcorn.gif

I had that problem before as well. Certainly frustrating, but eventually everything worked out
wink.gif

Will

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:55 PM Post #3,488 of 3,960
has anyone waited 7 weeks and realize it hasn't even gotten there yet?!

i think it's a world record for any freq to date!

Sep 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #3,493 of 3,960
wow it's been 5 whole days since the last post!!

ok update.. hai.. freq had my FS with them since wed and only just shipped it out yest.. so much hooha.. wrong cable... so had to wait for the correct coloured cable.. then waited another day for todd to have a look..
the icing on the cake was when on fri when they said it'd be shipped out.. it wasn't. .and on sat morning i find a paypal payment request for shippping back to me.. a whopping 40USD!

i tried calling todd for a long time.. and i had had talked to 2 other ladies trying to sort out with them.. a slip i made was that i din get a black and white from todd as we had a verbal agreement when i called him. So there was nothing concrete to say shipping would be free.. but my email liaison with todd leaned quite strongly toward that notion.
So cos of that. .i think everyone got frustrated, the ladies that is.. until one had to drag todd out of a meeting to talk to me.. i think he sounded pretty frustrated too and in the end he just said i won't be charged.. and they were shipped out yesterday. I felt kinda bad having to call them everyday for 5 days but they were stuck in their office and i'm really missing them!!

i hope they didn't do anything to sabotage it before sending it back! i'd be floored!! someone comfort me!

Sep 16, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #3,494 of 3,960
I really feel sorry that you're going through all this trouble man, I almost feel guilty getting a pair that is perfect the first time...

I hope your problem will be solved once and for all.

Problems like this is driving people away from customs... or at least Freqs, there hasn't been a truly positive post on Freq for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back