The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jul 7, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #2,881 of 3,960
Anyone called The FreQ today?

I've been trying to get through for a tracking number all day. I end up on hold with a message stating they are experiencing a larger then normal call volume.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #2,883 of 3,960
I called them today, spoke with two girls there, finally my FreQs will be delivered now on Wednesday, it seems that they sent them back all the way down to FL again, not sure how the hell they work honestly...

One thing is sure, if I ever had any other problem and need to send them back, will be for a refund, sorry too much hassle...hope they will be OK now, I hope!!!

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #2,884 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I called them today, spoke with two girls there, finally my FreQs will be delivered now on Wednesday, it seems that they sent them back all the way down to FL again, not sure how the hell they work honestly...

One thing is sure, if I ever had any other problem and need to send them back, will be for a refund, sorry too much hassle...hope they will be OK now, I hope!!!

Totally understandable - hopefully they will be fine this time
smily_headphones1.gif

Will

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #2,885 of 3,960
Ok, the fit on my left ear is slowly getting better through some light sanding. But I have a question. I need to press down on the bottom of the monitor to have it pop in properly into my ear canal (not so on the right side, it goes in naturally with a slight twist). Once inside, it is mostly comfortable although with a bit of discomfort at the beginning. After that, I can have them in for over an hour with no problem. It does seem that moving my mouth and sweat (was biking today) increase the succion in my ear to a point where it can get a bit uncomfortable. When I take it out, it is easier than previously (thanks to the sanding) but I still need to pull out the canal section (can't twist too painful) so it pop back out. It's painful for a few seconds than it's ok. But I can't imagine putting them in and out several times a day...

Lastly, while not wearing the IEM, my ears feel a bit strange, not pain, maybe just a light throbbing. Should this go away?

Thanks!

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #2,886 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, the fit on my left ear is slowly getting better through some light sanding. But I have a question. I need to press down on the bottom of the monitor to have it pop in properly into my ear canal (not so on the right side, it goes in naturally with a slight twist). Once inside, it is mostly comfortable although with a bit of discomfort at the beginning. After that, I can have them in for over an hour with no problem. It does seem that moving my mouth and sweat (was biking today) increase the succion in my ear to a point where it can get a bit uncomfortable. When I take it out, it is easier than previously (thanks to the sanding) but I still need to pull out the canal section (can't twist too painful) so it pop back out. It's painful for a few seconds than it's ok. But I can't imagine putting them in and out several times a day...

Lastly, while not wearing the IEM, my ears feel a bit strange, not pain, maybe just a light throbbing. Should this go away?

Thanks!

If you feel your pulse (heart beat) in your lower ears when wearing the IEM, does it get better when you lift your chin up? Curious, but you should be okay. But, it certainly can be pretty wierd - only happens to me if I am drinking coffee, so I pretty much quit the stuff.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #2,887 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by jobski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys i have a quick question,

do the ML Superfreq and MM freq show have the same drivers?

will i be spending $100 more (for the MM freqshow) just for the detachable wires? thanks!

anyone please?
confused.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #2,888 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm

been doing a brief read on adding an impedance adaptor b/w amp and IEM...
anyone knows what would addin a suitable adaptor do to the sound in a headsix/FS rig? or in general for IEMS with impedance such as ours?

Should I bother to go on reading around?

One thing an impedance adapter will do is reduce hiss from noisy sources. This is the main reason why I just placed an order for an adapter for my superfreqs. The hiss was the only thing keeping me from a totally portable setup(source & superfreqs; no amp).

I also have the headsix and have noticed that the amp isn't so great at low volumes. There seems to be a channel imbalance (volume wise) until you turn the pot a certain distance. By this time it is usually too loud for my normal listening volumes; even in low gain mode. Adding an adapter should also resolve this problem. I'll post my results when my adapter comes.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #2,889 of 3,960
Quote:

anyone please?
confused.gif

This has been answered many times already in this thread. The answer is yes they have the same driver. The $100 is basically for the mm crossover and detachable cable.

Use the thread's search function if you want more info.

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #2,890 of 3,960
Quote:

guys i have a quick question,

do the ML Superfreq and MM freq show have the same drivers?

will i be spending $100 more (for the MM freqshow) just for the detachable wires? thanks!

Yes, they have the same driver. I called and ask Freq when I was ordering one. The crossovers sound different though. For $100, you get a detachable cable, an option of a different crossover and I guess you pay for the R&D for the MM crossover too.

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #2,891 of 3,960
ok clum! thanks!!

i don't hear the channel imbalance with my headsix though..and a good level for me is at around 9 o'clock.. perhaps that's too loud for your ears even...

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #2,892 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by flargosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, they have the same driver. I called and ask Freq when I was ordering one. The crossovers sound different though. For $100, you get a detachable cable, an option of a different crossover and I guess you pay for the R&D for the MM crossover too.

when you mean detachable cable, can i use my own cables with them?

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #2,893 of 3,960
Quote:

when you mean detachable cable, can i use my own cables with them?

only if they fit. the cables they use are similar to the westone es2 cables.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #2,894 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok clum! thanks!!

i don't hear the channel imbalance with my headsix though..and a good level for me is at around 9 o'clock.. perhaps that's too loud for your ears even...

Yeah at 9 o'clock there is no channel imbalance with mine but it does seem a little too loud for my tastes. I do have superfreqs though which if i remember correctly is more sensitive than your freqshows.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #2,895 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
only if they fit. the cables they use are similar to the westone es2 cables.

so is it not worth it getting them freq shows? should i go for the superfreqs instead? i have an amp that i use with my sr60. if the freqs could benefit from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back