The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jul 8, 2008 at 11:35 AM Post #2,897 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by jobski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so is it not worth it getting them freq shows? should i go for the superfreqs instead? i have an amp that i use with my sr60. if the freqs could benefit from them.

Several of us have listened to both the Super FreQs and the FreQ Shows, and we prefer the crossover in the FreQ Shows (called the MM crossover). So although it appears as a "minor" change, most of us would pay the difference to get the FreQ Shows in order to get the MM crossover
wink.gif

Here is member "powertold's" review/comparison between both of them - I happen to agree 110%:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/f...arison-337825/

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #2,899 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, the fit on my left ear is slowly getting better through some light sanding. But I have a question. I need to press down on the bottom of the monitor to have it pop in properly into my ear canal (not so on the right side, it goes in naturally with a slight twist). Once inside, it is mostly comfortable although with a bit of discomfort at the beginning. After that, I can have them in for over an hour with no problem. It does seem that moving my mouth and sweat (was biking today) increase the succion in my ear to a point where it can get a bit uncomfortable. When I take it out, it is easier than previously (thanks to the sanding) but I still need to pull out the canal section (can't twist too painful) so it pop back out. It's painful for a few seconds than it's ok. But I can't imagine putting them in and out several times a day...

Lastly, while not wearing the IEM, my ears feel a bit strange, not pain, maybe just a light throbbing. Should this go away?

Thanks!

Have you visited your audiologist about this? I don't think I agree with Headphoneaddict that this is fine. Any pain in the ears is worrysome to me.

Jul 8, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #2,900 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you visited your audiologist about this? I don't think I agree with Headphoneaddict that this is fine. Any pain in the ears is worrysome to me.

I was talking about the strange throbbing, to see if it was just his pulse he was feeling.

Jul 8, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #2,901 of 3,960
The one who did the impression is away on vacation. I have an appointment for the 14. I was just trying to fix the problem right away, so i'm slowly sanding. That left monitor definately feels "big" in my ear. No throbbing of the inner ear though.

When biking (on a racer bike head tilted back) I do get a bit of pain when turning my head on the left. But mostly now, it's on removal. That's what really bothers me. I get a sharp pain when wedging out the monitor and this part of my ear (see pic) stays tender/bruised for a few minutes.

my.php
[/url][/IMG]

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #2,905 of 3,960
[size=x-large]Got them today!!! Finally...[/size]

Incredible they went all the way to FL and back to NJ, they paid for 2nd day by DHL again, not sure but whomever is doing this to Todd should be fired, they have paid in shipping costs to me, the cost fo the IEM's if not more, what kind of philosphy of conducting business is that, seriously...OK I understand that to keep a customer satisfied in one thing, and to loose money is another...If I decided to return them, they will loose money for sure, regardless of how much they will discount for the wasted materials!!! logistics should be taken into consideration, seriously there Todd please, or you will no go too far...

Well to the point, the fit now seems to be good, of course it is too early, but let's see, the bass now become more deep and good enough to satisfy the best of the bassheads IMO...The refit work another of my concerns is perfect, there is no way of noticing any imperfection, nothing, and I'm very demanding (or dement-ing)

Bass is really good now, no doubt, highs still need a more refinement/extension IMO and for my taste, let's try to contact Todd tomorrow to see how could we work this out, any mod on the crossover, etc...Also need to wait for the comming Rudihawk...Now we need one right?

...more to come!!!

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #2,906 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=x-large]Got them today!!! Finally...[/size]

Incredible they went all the way to FL and back to NJ, they paid for 2nd day by DHL again, not sure but whomever is doing this to Todd should be fired, they have paid in shipping costs to me, the cost fo the IEM's if not more, what kind of philosphy of conducting business is that, seriously...OK I understand that to keep a customer satisfied in one thing, and to loose money is another...If I decided to return them, they will loose money for sure, regardless of how much they will discount for the wasted materials!!! logistics should be taken into consideration, seriously there Todd please, or you will no go too far...

Well to the point, the fit now seems to be good, of course it is too early, but let's see, the bass now become more deep and good enough to satisfy the best of the bassheads IMO...The refit work another of my concerns is perfect, there is no way of noticing any imperfection, nothing, and I'm very demanding (or dement-ing)

...more to come!!!

So where are the pictures?
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #2,907 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The one who did the impression is away on vacation. I have an appointment for the 14. I was just trying to fix the problem right away, so i'm slowly sanding. That left monitor definately feels "big" in my ear. No throbbing of the inner ear though.

When biking (on a racer bike head tilted back) I do get a bit of pain when turning my head on the left. But mostly now, it's on removal. That's what really bothers me. I get a sharp pain when wedging out the monitor and this part of my ear (see pic) stays tender/bruised for a few minutes.

my.php
[/url][/IMG]

You mentioned the fit problem is on your LEFT ear, but the picture is for your RIGHT ear (if it is not flipped). I can feel your mood of fit issue now.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #2,908 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So where are the pictures?
biggrin.gif

My pictures were posted a few pages up, they are black, nothing is different from the original ones, except the increse on the size so reposting them:

FreQ2.jpg

FreQ4.jpg

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #2,909 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hearing products for hearing professionals :: Westone
That's not $7.50...

Hearing products for hearing professionals :: Westone
$3.25

Subtotal: $5.20
Shipping: $11.00
Total: $11.20

Case total: $12.75
Shipping: around $7
(I used ultimate ears' address as an example)

Added up, that's still cheaper than the Westone price, and as a bonus, your earphones will stay in place and not move.

Brendan

Indeed they have one cheaper...
rolleyes.gif

If you add this, and if my math is not wrong, that adds up like

$11.20 + $12.75 + $7.00 = $30.95

And you still need to go getho and DIY the foam...honestly IMO it is not worthy after spending almost 500.00 in the IEMs between one thing and the other...

But I think that I paid $29.50 for mine all included...still like $1.45 cheaper....LOL...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #2,910 of 3,960
Still NOTHING but IMPRESSED with the SERVICE I have gotten from Freq
biggrin.gif

I mailed my SF's on 6/25 usps priority. (I wanted to upgrade to a braided cable and figured I'd have the fit tightened up while they were there. Not bad fit, just could be better) When I got home today they were at my doorstep!!!! One day short of 2 weeks. UT to FL to UT, not bad!
Cable is cool and fit is AWESOME!! Absolutely pefect! just tight enough, can't break the seal!!!! I can stand in front of my swamp cooler on HIGH and not hear it!
I read the problems here, but I have NOTHING but GREAT things to say about Todd and his staff! Always very friendly, MORE than fair, and fast.

I LOVE these guys!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back