The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jul 9, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #2,911 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read the problems here, but I have NOTHING but GREAT things to say about Todd and his staff! Always very friendly, MORE than fair, and fast.

I LOVE these guys!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup, I totally agree with you. The FreQ makes mistakes, but they are more than fair with their service - always trying to satisfy the customer in the end and usually succeeding
biggrin.gif

When you deal with them, it feels like you're dealing with a person rather than a company. I guess the consequence of this is that they make many "human" mistakes
smily_headphones1.gif
They don't have a smart program like Amazon to keep track of and ship orders, but they can make great custom IEMs!

Jul 9, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #2,912 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mentioned the fit problem is on your LEFT ear, but the picture is for your RIGHT ear (if it is not flipped). I can feel your mood of fit issue now.
biggrin.gif

Hehe, good observation Mr Sherlock!
wink.gif
! It is not my ear, just a picture taken from the internet. I just wanted to show what area hurt. But you are absolutely right in your comment!

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #2,913 of 3,960
todd's not been replyin my emails.. should I just send them in anyway....i'm afraid too many things get lost in translation if there's no authorization from todd first.

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #2,914 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=x-large]Got them today!!! Finally...[/size]

Incredible they went all the way to FL and back to NJ, they paid for 2nd day by DHL again, not sure but whomever is doing this to Todd should be fired, they have paid in shipping costs to me, the cost fo the IEM's if not more, what kind of philosphy of conducting business is that, seriously...OK I understand that to keep a customer satisfied in one thing, and to loose money is another...If I decided to return them, they will loose money for sure, regardless of how much they will discount for the wasted materials!!! logistics should be taken into consideration, seriously there Todd please, or you will no go too far...

Well to the point, the fit now seems to be good, of course it is too early, but let's see, the bass now become more deep and good enough to satisfy the best of the bassheads IMO...The refit work another of my concerns is perfect, there is no way of noticing any imperfection, nothing, and I'm very demanding (or dement-ing)

Bass is really good now, no doubt, highs still need a more refinement/extension IMO and for my taste, let's try to contact Todd tomorrow to see how could we work this out, any mod on the crossover, etc...Also need to wait for the comming Rudihawk...Now we need one right?

...more to come!!!

This is where it is time to start thinking about the amp and source you are using, looking for SYNERGY.

See my review for more information, including opamp rolling in my D2 viper for the Freq Show to bring out the highs (my Lyrix Total Pro can also have opamps changed): http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...ess-up-338443/

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #2,915 of 3,960
Hate to sound like a broken record, but....

Sitting here listening to my SF's after missing them for 2 weeks, I am still just amazed, forgot how good they really are! I just want to close my eyes and drift away into the music!

Jul 9, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #2,916 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
todd's not been replyin my emails.. should I just send them in anyway....i'm afraid too many things get lost in translation if there's no authorization from todd first.

me too!!!

already opened my order.

my ear impression arrived on July 7 ,2008

Your item was delivered at 11:27 AM on July 7, 2008 in TAMPA, FL 33612. The item was signed for by W WALSH.
<< < in USPS website

but.. no replyin e-mail from FREQ

Jul 9, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #2,917 of 3,960
Hey guys! I've been really busy with work and music lately, but my
Freq of Natures came today, and I have had them on since i received them and what else can I say but wow! Perfect fit, delightful sound through every register, and does not ever break seal with lots of facial moving and speaking. First impressions thus, are good!!! I will post pix in the next 20 minutes or so, and will use them at Praise Band rehearsal tomorrow night (that will be the true test), and will do another review after that.

~Mudre

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #2,918 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by zarutobi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
me too!!!

already opened my order.

my ear impression arrived on July 7 ,2008

Your item was delivered at 11:27 AM on July 7, 2008 in TAMPA, FL 33612. The item was signed for by W WALSH.
<< < in USPS website

but.. no replyin e-mail from FREQ

You probably won't get an email from them. They do have good customer service, but you have to use the telephone to get it. This is an area they need to work on IMHO
wink.gif

If you have questions, just call them. They have 3 or 4 people answering the phones now and they all seem pretty good at making the customer happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by majik89d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys! I've been really busy with work and music lately, but my
Freq of Natures came today, and I have had them on since i received them and what else can I say but wow! Perfect fit, delightful sound through every register, and does not ever break seal with lots of facial moving and speaking. First impressions thus, are good!!! I will post pix in the next 20 minutes or so, and will use them at Praise Band rehearsal tomorrow night (that will be the true test), and will do another review after that.

~Mudre

Grats! Looking forward to the pics.

Jul 9, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #2,920 of 3,960
Has anyone noticed their superfreq labeling on the ear canal piece coming off?

Mine has started to, which must mean I have colorant in my ear
tongue.gif

I'll post up some pictures when I locate my camera. (which involves cleaning my room.
frown.gif
)

Jul 9, 2008 at 11:45 PM Post #2,921 of 3,960
Quote:

Here you go!
My colors were clear inside and translucent black on the outside. Click the pix to see fullsize.

(snip pics)

...I just realized i have huge ears.

~Mudre

Those look great - congrats!

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #2,922 of 3,960
Quote:

Here you go!
My colors were clear inside and translucent black on the outside. Click the pix to see fullsize.
[pic snip]
...I just realized i have huge ears.

~Mudre

Grats! those look nice. I got the translucent black faceplates too, so nice to see what they look like
wink.gif

Hopefully they come tomorrow. They were handed off to USPS yesterday
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #2,923 of 3,960
i never could really see the trans black.. they look almost clear! but they do look very well built!! they've really upped their workmanship!

but main thing is congrats on the fit!!! a review will be good.

Todd just replied so the freqs are off tmr!!!

Jul 10, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #2,924 of 3,960
Hey, I'm looking into the realm of custom IEM's and wondered what would be the best value for someone who's not a giant audiophile but just wants a solid set of IEM's that can run well UNAMPed.

Right now I'm looking at around $250 so:
- FreQ of Nature
- Super Freq
- Tour de Freq
- Livewires

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Jul 10, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #2,925 of 3,960
if u're lookin at spendin 250 and have it in a rather short time I'd say the superfreq... cheapest triple driver with the ML crossover should do pretty well unamped.

that's prob the best value.. LWs are good too but waiting takes a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back