The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
May 28, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #2,027 of 3,960
So I sent back my SuperFreQs for a re-fit on 5/12 or 5/13. Fast forward to today (5/28). I just received an email from FreQ saying my SF were ready to be sent back. I chose the free FedEx 2Day. I should get them back on 5/30. I'll report back on the fit and appearance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who care: I'm planning on sending my SuperFreQs back for a re-fit on my left ear.

I can currently get a good seal if I rotate them clockwise in my ear, push the bottom while pulling on my earlobe and releasing. But when I go to open my mouth, re-adjust my glasses or look up, the seal breaks. Sometimes it re-seals, often it doesn't.

Called FreQ (I think I spoke to Derek, maybe not). Told them the same, and was instructed to:

- send back to same address I mailed my impressions, put to attention of Customer Service
- insure the package
- include a note (I'll probably send marked up pictures if I can convince the wife to photograph me
smily_headphones1.gif
) with what my issues are
- select and pay for a return shipping method later

I still don't quite understand how my written descriptions will help, but I'll trust the rep on the phone who said they fix issues like mine all the time and it should be easy. Was told it would take a few days after receipt of my SF.

May 28, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #2,029 of 3,960
Just got off the phone with Todd, and yes they do transparents. He said that they'll be cloudy clear, but clear alright. Really friendly guy. Really a great help. Artwork is done is most colours namely that of the rainbow, + white, black and silver and gold and stuff like that.

Edit: and they just received my impressions today. 7 days to work on it, + 4 days of shipping.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 28, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #2,030 of 3,960
Ya, Todd told me they can do the transparents colors now.
I am still thinking about my color.....solid black or transparents black???

Guys any idea?
I really want to try the transparents and share how they can do on transparents after I got it.

Last night, its the night that I have to decide the color.

Lee

May 28, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #2,032 of 3,960
The black shows up very well on your FreQs Slowth. Personally, I think they printed the graphic a bit large, but then, it's more visible, and that's the point of a graphic, right?
biggrin.gif

With regards to translucent colors, I hope someone gets a translucent FreQ soon! I highly doubt it will look as good as UE translucents, especially the gun-metal-like translucent black that UE does. I think a cloudy translucent shell would look great though. It would let you see inside but not make it too conspicuous. I'm sure the new red shielding wires they use will conflict with your customization if they were too conspicuous.

May 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #2,037 of 3,960
I'm working on getting mine, I'm really excited about them, hope they won't disapoint me...let's see, today I called Todd, and also set the appointment forthe impressions...

May 29, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #2,039 of 3,960
slowth, your freQShows look awesome. I do hope I'll get mine the same time as yours.
smily_headphones1.gif

but anyhow, I did chance my order 2 weeks ago by requesting for translucent blue on the left of my inner shell and translucent red on my right (was desperately trying my luck). so hopefully I may get them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back