The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
May 29, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #2,058 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by jade0203 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nycrob515
Nice question, I was interest in the UE TF10 before.
I have not try the TF10 yet, so I am also wnat to know hows UE TF10 perform compare to the FREQ 3 drivers.

Have to see if someone can give some idea about it.
Lee

tf10p is a universal IEM. The SQ is, like all universals, dependent on getting a good seal. If you can get a good seal, the SQ IMHO is very very good.

Good taut bass, good mids and very clear trebles, with excellent separation. You can make out the instruments, the backup vocals everything. Bear in mind, the UE is not the most neutral sounding IEM. If anything, it is very colorful. You want neutral.. try etys. But I love the UE signature. It makes the music sound much more exciting.

It also made me re-encode all my library to Lossless because it can be a tad too revealing of bad encodings.

The problem with most universal IEMs, and with the tf10p in particular, is comfort. I can't wear the tf10p for long periods of time because it hurts after a while. Also, it is fairly easy to break the seal, if for instance, one of the cables gets tugged a little, partly because the triple driver design makes the tf10p larger than most and it sticks out a lot. Very very annoying.

Customs don't have this problem.

They are very comfortable cos they are moulded exactly for your ears. That said, not everyone seems to get a perfect fit every time.

As for the SuperFREQs in question, the sound signature is similar to the UE. The tf10p have a tad more midbass but the bass is abt the same. (caveat: this is dependent on getting a perfect seal on the universal IEM)

The mids is where the main difference is. The SuperFREQ midrange is more forward and in some types of songs, it can potentially muddy some of the separation of the highs.

That said, some people find the mids of the UE (esp the UE11) a little recessed.

Your mileage may vary. I can't say which is better for you.

May 29, 2008 at 11:57 AM Post #2,059 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by jade0203 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nycrob515
Nice question, I was interest in the UE TF10 before.
I have not try the TF10 yet, so I am also wnat to know hows UE TF10 perform compare to the FREQ 3 drivers.

Have to see if someone can give some idea about it.
Lee

I also had both the TF's and the SuperFreQs at the same time (I now have sold the TF's and only have the FreQs). Pretty much, point for point, I agree with doggiehowser that the sound signatures are very similar - I loved them both. I also agree with him that the fit is what breaks the TF's for me - I simply could not wear them for more than 1 hour or so (I use them a lot in planes, so a good, comfortable fit for 2-3-4 hours is a MUST). I even got custom tips for my TF's, and althught those allowed a "more" comfortable fit, I have only been able to get real, long-term comfort with the full custom IEM's, and that is why I sold the TF's and keep the SuperFreQs. After owning full custom IEM's, I don't think I will ever try/have universals again
wink.gif

Will

May 29, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #2,060 of 3,960
Thanks doggiehowser and Will for explain the diffs between FREQ and TF10.

They both are nice IEM,
but TF10 comfor-killer(for some people)
FREQ combine SQ and comfor together for us to enjoy the musics.

Lee

May 29, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #2,061 of 3,960
u'd have to make sure u're getting the ML crossver though, since that's supposed to be most like TF..

doubt the MM ones would sound like TF...

May 29, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #2,064 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doubt the MM ones would sound like TF...

We will know more once more folks get the MM crossover. I personally expect it to sound just as nice as the TF, even if it works better with an amp
wink.gif

Will

May 29, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #2,065 of 3,960
Does anyone know what's covered under the warranty? The left driver appears to have died on me and I'm only receiving sound from my right side. The wires connected to my right iem are a little loose as well and I'm scared it might snap if I try to pull out the iems from my ears. Hard for me to explain, but I'll post some crummy iphone pics as soon as I get home. Are the braided cables more durable compared to the stock ones? Aside from that I'm loving these things, although I wish I had chosen a different color, the purple looks a little dull to me.

May 29, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #2,066 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by base669 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know what's covered under the warranty? The left driver appears to have died on me and I'm only receiving sound from my right side. The wires connected to my right iem are a little loose as well and I'm scared it might snap if I try to pull out the iems from my ears. Hard for me to explain, but I'll post some crummy iphone pics as soon as I get home. Are the braided cables more durable compared to the stock ones? Aside from that I'm loving these things, although I wish I had chosen a different color, the purple looks a little dull to me.

Call them (FreQs). powertoold and I can attest to their "great" customer support. Yes, they might take a little while to answer emails, but they "do" care and "do" try their best to make things right
wink.gif

Will

May 29, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #2,067 of 3,960
Thanks all. So basically the super freqs are well worth the $...I'm going to post the same question in the triple fi appreciation thread and see what they say...hopefully it wont be biased....Doggiehowser how did you re-incode your library? i have been looking to do this but I'm such a noob lol??thx again, rob

May 30, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #2,068 of 3,960
ooh wait i have another question...m I going to regret doing the immpressions myself....did anyone ever do i themselves on headfi? Also, what kind of connectors do they come with...I only have 3.5 players and it would sssuuuck if they didnt match

May 30, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #2,070 of 3,960
Can you kindly do some review on the earphone?
Which one did you got? superfreq or the Music maker?

Quote:

Originally Posted by base669 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back