The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jan 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #61 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are already in Hearing Aid industry for years and the Hearing Aid device should be robust since ppl intend to use them daily.

Hope their IEM won't break as easy as they looked.
wink.gif

yes, they should have lots of experience making the cable connection better because hearing aids have cables running out of them to plug into your ipod. :p

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #62 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, they should have lots of experience making the cable connection better because hearing aids have cables running out of them to plug into your ipod. :p

rolleyes.gif

as I know, at least some of the hearing aid device have cables to connect a device that amplifier the surround sound into your ears. (similar to the Shure PTH device) correct me if I am wrong.

see here
Hearing aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #64 of 3,960
Regarding comfort, I think they'd be as good as any customs, which is pretty good. As I said, it'll take my ears a couple days to adapt to the customs. My left ear seals so well that it creates a little suction when I try to take them out. I'm not sure if that's a good thing
frown.gif

Regarding the look of the FreQs, as of now, they don't look good at all. The left earphone is thicker than the right, so it sticks out more. The LiveWires and UE earphones do not stick out this much.

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #65 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, perhaps, the only hearing aids i've seen are the ones that aren't wired.

edit:
:: Styles of Products ::
i don't see any mention of them handling/dealing with body worn hearing aids that require external cabling.

look at the wiki page in my post, the body worn aids supposed to have a cord. However it is very first (old) Hearing aid device and Astrum might not product such kind style at all.

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #66 of 3,960
If you compare the FreQs shell's build quality to LiveWires, they aren't that far off. This is why you shouldn't get a clear shell:

IMG_0269.jpg

Look at the shell on the left. Also, you can see acrylic bubbles and whatnot on the right shell. The reason the FreQs look worse is because my pictures are high-res and packed with detail, so you can see all the nooks and crannies.

The sound quality is really amazing... The FreQs are also very low impedence - yes, lower than the SF5 Pro.

Once FreQs get detachable cables. They will be amazing.

You all should be excited. I am getting excited at this sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #68 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it seems in terms of the sound, they are winning!

Slow-down there, we've only had one opinion yet far.

Jan 10, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #69 of 3,960
Yes, please take my impressions with a grain of salt, especially because I don't have a proper source and amp
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, I'm listening to it using my PCDP and iPod using FLACs or CDAs.

I don't understand why people are all critical about the cable connection. Ok... it'll probably be damaged with a hard yank, but won't that happen to pretty much all un-detachable cords? The only thing that the company needs to do is replace that clear strain-relieving tube with a black solid color one so we don't get to see the nasty glue.

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #70 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slow-down there, we've only had one opinion yet far.

let me clarify that, when i say something is winning, it means it's going good.

I did not mean they are winning the the amazing customs race.

In other words: amongst other things, it seems that the sq is quite good, thus far, based on 1 review

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #71 of 3,960
Everthink that the bubbles you see is acrylic keeping the internals in place?

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #73 of 3,960
I'm probably heading toward LiveWires atm.

I am gonna send off my order tomorrow, and see what they end up like, they have the 30 Day Policy, so if I am that unhappy I can send 'em back.

Will still keep tabs of the Freqs!

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #74 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they have the 30 Day Policy, so if I am that unhappy I can send 'em back.

Watch out, from what I heard in the Livewires thread that's only inside America.

Jan 10, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #75 of 3,960
:musicnote: "Only in America..." :musicnote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back