The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jan 9, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #18 of 3,960
ok powertoold, thanks a lot, but we need a more deep review!
your pictures are very very nice, and regarding your first feelings about them if they only sound like the se530 it's a great deal! only for 189$!
My only concern is the non detachable cables!

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #20 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The build quality looks pretty shocking honestly!

I mean the cord connection etc, also this whole 'hollow' thing is interesting, anyone know if all customs (Livewires, UE, Westone) are hollow as well?

Livewires are hollow, but they're as strong as they need to be.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #21 of 3,960
I think i am going to be the next to receive mine. I will post pictures and a full length review after i listen for a good amount of time.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #22 of 3,960
All iem's are hollow.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #23 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Livewires are hollow, but they're as strong as they need to be.

alright, i was always under the impression they are solid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think i am going to be the next to receive mine. I will post pictures and a full length review after i listen for a good amount of time.

looking forward to that, what colour scheme did you go for?

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #27 of 3,960
amigos, someone with an expert eye can give us a good opinion looking at the pictures posted by powertoold? I'm just wondering if these pictures can show the drivers inside!
confused.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:45 PM Post #28 of 3,960
If the sound quality is anywhere in the neighborhood of what powertodd said, the SuperFreqs are definitely worth $189... as long as they don't break lol

I think an important comparison would be Freqs vs. Livewires. The price difference of $70 and their general SQ + potential buyers are close enough that a direct comparison is merited.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #29 of 3,960
Please don't buy a clear shell right now. You really don't want to see the bubbles and interface between the inner and outer shell.

Ok, so my computer has two headphone outputs, so I'm going to try to switch the SF5 and FreQs back and forth, see how it goes.

To the AB'ing question, you can't really "AB" headphones because it's not an instant change like you can with sources.

I will send the FreQs back in a few days to get the channels fixed. Also, I am asking them to add some acrylic to my right ear for a better seal.

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #30 of 3,960
I am real perfectionist with how it looks, and so far, FreQs aren't doing it for me, Livewires are looking more tempting right now.

Btw, congrats on 100 posts
wink.gif
you're 99 now, but it's soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back