The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Feb 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #3,901 of 3,960
Are Freqs and HYs the same? Like driver and crossover wise? I'm tempted to call Fisher and ask for their pricing. If they deal with individuals. Obviously, Freq and HY are getting a cut of the profits. I wonder how much?

Feb 9, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #3,902 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are Freqs and HYs the same? Like driver and crossover wise? I'm tempted to call Fisher and ask for their pricing. If they deal with individuals. Obviously, Freq and HY are getting a cut of the profits. I wonder how much?

Check out the site. They have thier own customs and they still offer a silicone custom as well

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:44 AM Post #3,903 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

some reviews have mentioned a difference in sound for their 3 driver offerings, so the parts might be different... I don't have both to test tho.

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #3,905 of 3,960
anyone know where to get a replacement cable? for the freqs? or at leasta compatible one?

Feb 10, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #3,906 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by HPM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone know where to get a replacement cable? for the freqs? or at leasta compatible one?

The westone customs cables will work with the Freqs, and they have been mentioned as better sounding as well.

Accessories | Musicians :: Westone

Feb 10, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #3,907 of 3,960
The FreQ, LLC limited liability company is still active as with the Secretary of State in Florida. The last filing was April '08 so the fact they are still active only means they were paid up until April '09. I will try to find out more and report back here. I'm having a problem with the wire popping out of the ear piece and have almost lost the ear piece a couple of times.

I sent an email with no response and just left a phone message.

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #3,908 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The FreQ, LLC limited liability company is still active as with the Secretary of State in Florida. The last filing was April '08 so the fact they are still active only means they were paid up until April '09. I will try to find out more and report back here. I'm having a problem with the wire popping out of the ear piece and have almost lost the ear piece a couple of times.

cool! thanks for the help...

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #3,910 of 3,960
Quote:

Ultimate Ears Custom cables, Westone ES series cables, and Hearyourself.com stock cables will all fit the Freq's without any modification. I prefer the UE cables better than the Westone and much better than the HY's but there's a good posibility that they are all made by the same cable company ( Plastics1), so I can't say what the differences are. The UE's however have the best color selection and free shipping

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #3,911 of 3,960
Remember for the UE cables, you want the cables from their Customs series, not for triple fi or super fi, my super fi cables will not fit my freqshows correctly, the pins are spaced too far apart if I remember right.

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #3,912 of 3,960
Quote:

ahah! success

from fisher hearing

=]

Just wondering how the whole process is with those guys... I'm about to pull the trigger and mail my freqs there, but I'd like to check and see if everybody has had a good experience with them.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #3,913 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cool! thanks for the help...

I would very much like to know what's happening with them as well, as I was just about to pull the trigger when they closed down production.
It's now mid-to-late Feb and the site's quoted deadline of 'early in the New Year' for them to open up shop again is looking less and less convincing, not helped by the fact that I've e-mailed them two or three times this year asking for some clue as to when they're going to re-open and have received precisely bupkiss in reply, not even an automated e-mail.

Feb 20, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #3,915 of 3,960
I think we got screwed over
frown.gif

And my Freqs need fixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back