The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Oct 2, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #3,616 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not a happy man. I happen to order the last pair of FreQShows's I believe from FreQ just before their shutdown. And you know what? I have sent 7 e-mail's and voicemail's to them but they have yet to reply. Man, what am I going to do? The payment has even already transacted and I have been waiting for 8 days since my impressions have arrive at their place. They even said their approximation build is only 5-7 days. WtHeck.

I am exactly in the same situation now... My impressions arrived at their place on 16th September but until now I have not heard anything from them
confused_face(1).gif

Base on this experience, I really feel that they might be having some problem in running their business now...
Any suggestion how long more should I wait?

Oct 2, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #3,617 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by sindchg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am exactly in the same situation now... My impressions arrived at their place on 16th September but until now I have not heard anything from them
confused_face(1).gif

Base on this experience, I really feel that they might be having some problem in running their business now...
Any suggestion how long more should I wait?

Since I am in the same situation as you, I would wait for about another week at most. If they don't contact me by then I am contacting paypal. I suggest that you should do the same man. But good luck!

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #3,618 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this true with any credit card transaction? Like if I pay someone with paypal using my credit card, can they reverse the transaction at a later date if I get screwed over??

I'm not sure about using PayPal. I seem to recall using a credit card via PayPal changes things, but I think you lose PayPal's protection and instead have to use your credit card company. You should check with PayPal now. Don't reverse the charge yet, but at least ask them what your options are and make sure of any deadlines (ie 30 days or 45 days or something).

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #3,619 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure about using PayPal. I seem to recall using a credit card via PayPal changes things, but I think you lose PayPal's protection and instead have to use your credit card company. You should check with PayPal now. Don't reverse the charge yet, but at least ask them what your options are and make sure of any deadlines (ie 30 days or 45 days or something).

Actually, using cc paypal gives 2 layers of protection.
The PP protection AND the CC protection. The CC protection is typically much longer than PP. That's why I always use PP CC instead of PP cash.

Oct 2, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #3,620 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, using cc paypal gives 2 layers of protection.
The PP protection AND the CC protection. The CC protection is typically much longer than PP. That's why I always use PP CC instead of PP cash.

Are you sure? I know when I use my CC via PayPal, there is a warning of some sort, but I just can't recall what it was about :p

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #3,623 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure? I know when I use my CC via PayPal, there is a warning of some sort, but I just can't recall what it was about :p

The warning is simply to push you to use cash. It costs PayPal less that way but YOU have LESS protection.

You have the same PP protection w CC as with cash, but with CC you generally have another 6 months or so.

Oct 3, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #3,624 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to ask this although this may seem like a stupid question, but exactly how long is the buyer protection dead line when you use paypal via cash?

Go to PayPal and look at their protection. I think it is 30 or 40 days but I don't remember for sure.

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #3,626 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dakkar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great, I was thinking about sending mines back to get a detachable cable upgrade. The way I'm using mines, there's no way they're going to last too long...

Don't break, don't break...

There's always the option of getting the custom UE cables. I assume they would be much better than the cable upgrade what FreQ has to offer.

Oct 3, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #3,627 of 3,960
i think dakkar means he doesn't even have the detachable jacks.. his wud be the ML line that's made with the wires straight into the freq?

Oct 3, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #3,628 of 3,960
Well, I ordered mine like the day before they sent out the email that they were closing and I still don't have my IEMs. I sent them an email asking the status a couple of days ago and no response. I called them and left a message. Seems like this is another company that has no business being in business.

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #3,629 of 3,960
Heh....this confirms it. Since acidtrip is the third person experiencing this, I think it is confirmed that FreQ is running down and may not reopen again. I guess I shouldn't keep my hopes high next week and expect any response for my pair of FreQ Shows to come in and instead get prepared for the reverse funding on paypal.

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #3,630 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think dakkar means he doesn't even have the detachable jacks.. his wud be the ML line that's made with the wires straight into the freq?

That's correct. I do not have detachable cables. How unfortunate...
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back