The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Sep 28, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #3,586 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why on earth would you pay for custom artwork but not pay for a detachable cable?

Most cables break eventually and then you are stuck w/o your phones for awhile at least.

I said I wasn't going to get custom artwork.. I don't think I need a detachable cable, I may regret it in the future but to be honest, these are not gonna get MASSIVE amounts of hardcore use, I'm not gonna be using them on stage or anything like that, just for studying and to wear at uni and stuff and maybe on the odd flight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict
How about getting them for your new girlfriend?

Haha, tempting
tongue_smile.gif
I'm thinking possibly my dad might want some, not 100% sure, I'll find someone I'm sure.. My parents bought me some IEMs, actually, as a thank you for looking after their house while they were away (and taking my sister to hospital
tongue_smile.gif
), they's Sony MDR-EX90LPs, I believe. They sound AWESOME (compared to my ipod buds) but I am still craving some customs...

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #3,588 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by geestring /img/forum/go_quote.gif
huh I went to go get my impressions and I can't even get freQs?!

3 months down seems like suicide for a company.

What are my alternatives now?

I would go visit Live Wires Custom Fit In-Ear Monitors / Headphones and buy those. I am very pleased with mine.

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #3,589 of 3,960
Quote:

huh I went to go get my impressions and I can't even get freQs?!

3 months down seems like suicide for a company.

What are my alternatives now?

you got them done professionally? I'm trying to find a doctor to so some for mw, how much did it cost you?

Sep 28, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #3,590 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stikk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, they said you could get literally any colour you wanted. They'll even match a photo that you send them if you want. And custom artwork is an extra $25, he said.

Anyway, I emailed him and he agreed to do me a pair of triple driver monitors for me and a pair of single driver monitors for my girlfriend for $350 which I reckon is pretty decent, I decided not to go with the detachable cable.. The only problem now is my girlfriend has decided she doesnt want customs. She has decided she "is not supporting or encouraging my ridiculous obsession with expensive things I don't need" so I am gonna see if I can find someone else who wants them.. Not sure who tho,

So what do you guys reckon I should do bout colour? I'm prolly not gonna get custom artwork cuz, well, I don't really know what I'd get. I was thinking silver and orange cuz I'm a massive McLaren fan but that was the only idea I had so gimme your suggestions, guys.

Btw, CoinSlot, had a look at your photos on Flickr and they are awesome, love them. They look kinda like something is glowing inside in some of them, do they glow or am I just crazy?

Yeah, they answered my email that I sent asking about a brown shell with black swirls on one side, black shell with brown swirls on the other and a sample of custom artwork and the response was very positive they could do it, so I'll be ordering them Monday morning. May end up changing the custom artwork as it is the same as the one on my FreQ, but might keep it. Have to think about it over the next few days.

Coinslot, my mistake!!! Looked a bit like the Disturbed logo, but now it is clear to me it is indeed Mushroomhead! Looks great no matter whose logo it is.

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #3,591 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you got them done professionally? I'm trying to find a doctor to so some for mw, how much did it cost you?

Yes I went to some hearing office within a Sears. $50 for both. That was the best price I could find without phoning tonnes of places.

yes I think I might go with livewires. more expensive and takes longer, no?

Sep 29, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #3,592 of 3,960
Quote:

Yes I went to some hearing office within a Sears. $50 for both. That was the best price I could find without phoning tonnes of places.

yes I think I might go with livewires. more expensive and takes longer, no?

Livewires are $250 (not sure if it's changed), so price for two drivers is the same with Freq, while Freq 3-driver is $100 more. Livewires takes between 3-5 weeks lately.

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #3,593 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, they answered my email that I sent asking about a brown shell with black swirls on one side, black shell with brown swirls on the other and a sample of custom artwork and the response was very positive they could do it, so I'll be ordering them Monday morning. May end up changing the custom artwork as it is the same as the one on my FreQ, but might keep it. Have to think about it over the next few days.

So which ones are you gonna order? The dual or triple drivers? I managed to convince my girlfriend to agree to get some but it was quite reluctantly and I don't think she really wants them (mainly cuz she keeps telling me she doesn't want them) and she prolly won't use them. I told her they'd be great for when we go to the US (15hr flight!) later this year but she thinks she'd be quite content to bug me for 15hrs... Awesome.

Haha, seriously tho, I am thinking maybe I will give them to someone who actually wants them. The guy is giving them to me for $50 anyway cuz it's saving him shipping and stuff so even if no one wants them, I might get them as a backup pair to go running in or something.. Not that I run, I'm a swimmer, but I might start
tongue_smile.gif

So yeah, I'll hopefully be ordering them next week if I can get my impressions done. The audiologist near my house quoted me $30aud per ear which is really expensive, I think so I will see if my friend's mum can hook me up! Haha.

Also, it's nice to know someone else is gonna order these monitors also, I didn't wanna be the only one!

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #3,594 of 3,960
Quote:

Also, it's nice to know someone else is gonna order these monitors also, I didn't wanna be the only one!

aren't they closed down until january?

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #3,595 of 3,960
Quote:

aren't they closed down until january?

Freq are, yes, but EyeAmEye and, uh, I are talking about buying monitors from hearyourself.com. They don't seem to be quite as well known around here are the freqs or the livewires but they have good specs and a very reasonable price so we're giving them a shot.

I would get freqs though, if I could wait until next year, but I don't think I can so I'm looking at these ones..

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #3,596 of 3,960
Quote:

So which ones are you gonna order? The dual or triple drivers? I managed to convince my girlfriend to agree to get some but it was quite reluctantly and I don't think she really wants them (mainly cuz she keeps telling me she doesn't want them) and she prolly won't use them. I told her they'd be great for when we go to the US (15hr flight!) later this year but she thinks she'd be quite content to bug me for 15hrs... Awesome.

Haha, seriously tho, I am thinking maybe I will give them to someone who actually wants them. The guy is giving them to me for $50 anyway cuz it's saving him shipping and stuff so even if no one wants them, I might get them as a backup pair to go running in or something.. Not that I run, I'm a swimmer, but I might start
tongue_smile.gif

So yeah, I'll hopefully be ordering them next week if I can get my impressions done. The audiologist near my house quoted me $30aud per ear which is really expensive, I think so I will see if my friend's mum can hook me up! Haha.

I'm going with the T3 triple driver.

Get the additional pair for $50 even if the girlfriend doesn't want one. You could always use a spare to knock around.

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #3,597 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going with the T3 triple driver.

Get the additional pair for $50 even if the girlfriend doesn't want one. You could always use a spare to knock around.

Nice, so did you order them today? I'm still waiting on my invoice (and a final decision from the girlfriend) but even if she doesn't want them I'll get the extra pair, I'm sure they'll come in handy..

Sep 29, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #3,598 of 3,960
Quote:

Nice, so did you order them today? I'm still waiting on my invoice (and a final decision from the girlfriend) but even if she doesn't want them I'll get the extra pair, I'm sure they'll come in handy..

Not yet, but I hope to today. I emailed them asking how to pay for the custom artwork this morning and am waiting for the reply.

Sep 29, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #3,599 of 3,960
I'm considering buying a pair for jogging, is a single driver pair decent? or will it sound like ipod earbuds

Sep 30, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #3,600 of 3,960
Quote:

I'm considering buying a pair for jogging, is a single driver pair decent? or will it sound like ipod earbuds

Not too sure, to be honest, since no one has really reviewed them yet. The only review I found was an unfavourable review of their single driver unit from 2005. Apparently they have been significantly improved since then and they're only $100 so they're not gonna break the bank, I reckon they'd be fine for jogging and stuff.

I have a question for all you SuperFreq/any other triple driver owners out there: How many holes do they have for the sound to come out of? Aparently these triple drivers from hearyourself have two, one for the dual bass drivers and one for the mids/highs. Is this normal or should they be triple bored if they are triple driver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back