The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Oct 3, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #3,633 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by acidtripwow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just hope I can get my impressions back or that's another $50 down the drain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same...and the shipping fee man...

Go to the audiologist and say that the company said the impressions weren't usable and ask for a new set. I got a second set when I had my FreQs remade and my audiologist didn't charge me. Tell them that you got the headphones and they didn't fit well, so you need a new set. It really doesn't cost them much in materials or time to make them.

Oct 3, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #3,634 of 3,960
I heard a rumor that the Freq owner was offered a contract to make IEMs for another company but he can't continue to make Freqs.

This might be good news for those waiting because surely he would be allowed to finish out pre existing orders. Just a rumor so ,grain of salt etc.

Those who paid PayPal cash should act ASAP because PP only can refund money that is in the Freq PP act. If that money has been withdrawn PP can't get to it to give a refund.
That is another reason to ALWAYS use a credit card when paying with PP.

CC cos. generally allow at least 6 months to get a refund and usually a year or even more.

Oct 3, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #3,635 of 3,960
Oh great...that's reassuring. Well my CC only has 300 limit on me...I can't do much about it and is forced to use cash instead...If what you are saying is true...Then Todd Boring maybe a gentleman from what you guys have said..but he is extremely irresponsible for not handling our orders that are on hold properly.

Oct 3, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #3,637 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard a rumor that the Freq owner was offered a contract to make IEMs for another company but he can't continue to make Freqs.

This might be good news for those waiting because surely he would be allowed to finish out pre existing orders. Just a rumor so ,grain of salt etc.

Those who paid PayPal cash should act ASAP because PP only can refund money that is in the Freq PP act. If that money has been withdrawn PP can't get to it to give a refund.
That is another reason to ALWAYS use a credit card when paying with PP.

CC cos. generally allow at least 6 months to get a refund and usually a year or even more.

Would you be willing to share the source of the rumor? Any other details?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HURRAY! I just got confirmation from the staff of my FS's (finally?) Now...it's only another week before it arrives...

Hopefully this will put others at ease. While I still have my concerns about The FreQ coming back, I also still have confidence they will fulfill all their pending orders.

Oct 4, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #3,638 of 3,960
their after sales is total crap. they are extremely effecient before you transfer the money. after that its all downhill from there. frankly if they can't sort out the way they do business they should just stay closed.

my after sales experience with them was terrible. i would rather wait and save up more and get a custom from a more reliable source. eg UE or Westone.

Oct 4, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #3,640 of 3,960
LOL...Then I guess I shouldn't totally be happy then...because it was after I contacted paypal this afternoon, then FreQ sent me an e-mail...the FreQ's better come in clean and clear...or else...

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #3,641 of 3,960
It's possible they have reduced certain staff (like production and customer service) while they retool or look for more funding. I still think they will honor their obligations, it just may be a little slower.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #3,642 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's possible they have reduced certain staff (like production and customer service) while they retool or look for more funding. I still think they will honor their obligations, it just may be a little slower.

I really hope so. However, you have to admit that this "shutdown" is not a good sign, regardless of the positive spin FreQs put in this announcement. Something was fundamentally wrong in their P/L (i.e. loosing money left and right or not hitting the profit margin required of them), or they are working with somebody else and had to move resources around (like the rumor above said ...)

Lets see how it goes. It is not what they say that counts, but what they do
wink.gif

I am personally a little bit sad because they do have a nice product that was priced attractively - I like my SuperFreQs (MM x-over) !!!

Will

Oct 5, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #3,643 of 3,960
I tried to listen to my old SuperFreQs w/ ML crossover this morning. It's pretty bad compared to my FreQShows w/ MM crossover!

It feels so closed in, and the mids are harsh. Too bad I didn't ask them to change my SuperFreQs to the MM crossover before the shutdown.

I feel ashamed I ever thought my old SuperFreQ sounded great. The difference is like night and day for me - never thought I'd say this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back