The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Sep 21, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #3,541 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcatz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they come out with a sub $1000 four driver then the wait is damned worth it! 3.5 months more T.T!!!!!

It's worth the wait imo!

Sep 21, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #3,542 of 3,960
That is great news Johann! I'm glad they fit great and sound great!! They look absolutely gorgeous man, good enough to eat.

I almost went with white, but I was afraid earwax would stain it like my ER4-p white rubbers, those things are disgusting. I kinda wished I went with white now, they look sweet.

Sep 21, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #3,543 of 3,960
my freqs are clear ones and the wax build up in the two holes is a little 'mingin' as we say over hear in the UK. I try and clean them effectively but still there's a discolouration which isn't pleasant (albeit it's cosmetic).

The sound is great although the seal on the left phone isn't like it was when they first arrived for some reason... ah well.

Love them but they're getting a few 'quirks' as I use them constantly and I guess my ears are being 'broken in'. the comfort cream works a little better but it still breaks...

tales of woe. superb value though.

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #3,544 of 3,960
oh mmm i guess i read quite abit that white wud be ok for this material.. so i wasn't too worried...

i used them for the first time this wkend for real life music monitoring in a band.. they respond very very well to any shift in pan and eq in the insturments. I panned out my different instruments and it sounded great! of course good technique and experience is needed to mix the insturments properly so u don't get some static lifeless sound. but i'd say for live monitoring.. these are hard to beat in value.. most definitely good enough for most musicians and sound engineers.

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #3,545 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my freqs are clear ones and the wax build up in the two holes is a little 'mingin' as we say over hear in the UK. I try and clean them effectively but still there's a discolouration which isn't pleasant (albeit it's cosmetic).

The sound is great although the seal on the left phone isn't like it was when they first arrived for some reason... ah well.

Love them but they're getting a few 'quirks' as I use them constantly and I guess my ears are being 'broken in'. the comfort cream works a little better but it still breaks...

tales of woe. superb value though.

You clean your ears daily?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #3,546 of 3,960
Being Australian, I don't use or know much of Fed Ex and their speed/service. Is it normal for a package to stay in one location for so long? As shown on their tracking page:

Code:

Code:
[left][b]Sep 23, 2008 5:09 AMDeparted FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN Sep 21, 2008 5:01 PM In transit MEMPHIS, TN Sep 20, 2008 3:53 PM In transit MEMPHIS, TN 10:21 AMArrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN[/b][/left]

This is for "Express" shipping. Express my arse!

I just had a set of valves sent from the states, left on the 18th and got here on the 22nd. That was USPS.

Anyway, I guess I'm just venting. I want my Freqs!
jecklinsmile.gif

Sep 23, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #3,547 of 3,960
Maybe they are lost and you will never see them again.

I so keeding!

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #3,548 of 3,960
yeah it's normal.. mine stayed in anchorage an extra day too... it's prob some DHL scheduling...

mine left on the same day in memphis though..

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #3,549 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoinSlot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being Australian, I don't use or know much of Fed Ex and their speed/service. Is it normal for a package to stay in one location for so long? As shown on their tracking page:

Code:

Code:
[left][b]Sep 23, 2008 5:09 AMDeparted FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN Sep 21, 2008 5:01 PM In transit MEMPHIS, TN Sep 20, 2008 3:53 PM In transit MEMPHIS, TN 10:21 AMArrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN[/b][/left]

This is for "Express" shipping. Express my arse!

I just had a set of valves sent from the states, left on the 18th and got here on the 22nd. That was USPS.

Anyway, I guess I'm just venting. I want my Freqs!
jecklinsmile.gif

It may have moved. I've had packages appear to get stuck, then all of a sudden they are thousands of miles further along :p

Sep 23, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #3,551 of 3,960
I was just about to get a pair of the tour de freq's before they shut down for the restructuring. Is there another competitor other than livewires that I could consider (in the $250-300 range) or do I need to get a pair of universals whilst waiting ?

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #3,552 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by dobbiet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just about to get a pair of the tour de freq's before they shut down for the restructuring. Is there another competitor other than livewires that I could consider (in the $250-300 range) or do I need to get a pair of universals whilst waiting ?

The FreQ and Livewires are the only ones I know of at this price point. Basically they are the bottom of the market, although don't let that make you think they aren't high quality.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if The FreQ come back with higher prices. They are basically trying to offer the same service/product as UE at 1/5 - 1/4 the price!

I'm secretly hoping they offer a quad driver
popcorn.gif

Sep 23, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #3,553 of 3,960
I haven't seen my Freq since Wednesday the 10th. I emailed them Tuesday the 16th after I checked the "YMCA lost and found" on Monday, and again over the weekend about them being lost. They wont respond to my emails yet. Not a good sign after a week with no reply. I just have to hope they turn up someday.

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #3,554 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't seen my Freq since Wednesday the 10th. I emailed them Tuesday the 16th after I checked the "YMCA lost and found" on Monday, and again over the weekend about them being lost. They wont respond to my emails yet. Not a good sign after a week with no reply. I just have to hope they turn up someday.

You lost them!??! OMG!!

That sucks
frown.gif

If it's any consolation, I have thought mine were lost twice now. Once I just misplaced them and later found them (this was while on vacation and I thought I left them on the plane but they were in the hotel room after all). The second time someone at work found them and called the FreQ. The FreQ then contacted me and gave me their contact info. In this case I think someone lifted them from my desk, and after realizing they couldn't use them, they tossed them in the bushes outside the building.

Did you buy the loss and damage insurance?

Sep 24, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #3,555 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That sucks
frown.gif

In the case I put my FreQs, I included a slip saying, "These are customized earphones that only I can use, if you find them, please kindly call:" lol. It sounds kind of rude, but hey, if someone finds them, there'll be a better chance I get them returned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back