The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Aug 21, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #3,331 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
come on... =(

I was kidding...but now I have to worry about bad karma...
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #3,332 of 3,960
finally read every single post in this thread. like an olympic marathon. still on the fence between these and the livewires. i have read over half of the california dreamin' thread. i will not get either until christmas. half tempted to get both and just send one back minus 10% restock fee. head-fi infects your brain like that. i already have the perfect custom art picked out and everything if i decide on freqs.

Aug 22, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #3,336 of 3,960
Quote:

managed to clarify with jaben yet?

wilson said he would check and get back to me, i guess all i can do is wait..
frown.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #3,338 of 3,960
Quote:

that's an idea.. 10% loss to test both out ain't too bad

this is true. i don't see a comparitive review in my future though. i never could get from point a to point b. too many trees. before i got to the piont the review would be 12 pages long. nobody wants that train wreck.

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #3,339 of 3,960
Oh my gosh I just got my Freqshows!!!! They are friggin awesome! I love the color, the fit is perfect, comfortable, worth every penny. I can open my mouth as wide as I can and I still won't break the seal, which will be great in the weight room. I forget they are in my ears because they are so comfy.

I'm thanking my Lord, I've been waiting for a little over a month, not knowing how they will turn out. Now I am extremely happy, for they are absolutely perfect!

These things are easier to take in and out than my ER4p and my Superfi pro 5s, it takes much less time as well. Absolutely perfect. To take them out, all I do is push the little indent behind my earlobe, and they literally POP right out, I'll have to make sure to catch them or they may fall to the ground! With my Superfis, I'd always tug on the cable to get them out, perhaps that is why the housing broke right at the plug connector.

The color turned out better than I expected, it looks quite stunning.

dsc0034version2sz4.jpg

They sure do charge a lot of shipping, it would have cost $40 bucks to get to Hong Kong. However, I had them shipped to a friend in Dallas($10), and she shipped them to me to Hong Kong($7). I don't know what kind of gorilla shipping math Freq is doing these days, but I believe I saved $23 bucks, though it took a week longer(psssh).

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:32 AM Post #3,340 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my gosh I just got my Freqshows!!!! They are friggin awesome! I love the color, the fit is perfect, comfortable, worth every penny. I can open my mouth as wide as I can and I still won't break the seal, which will be great in the weight room. I forget they are in my ears because they are so comfy. I'm thanking my Lord, I've been waiting for a little over a month, not knowing how they will turn out. Now I am extremely happy, for they are absolutely perfect!

These things are easier to take in and out than my ER4p and my Superfi pro 5s, it takes much less time as well. Absolutely perfect.

The color turned out better than I expected, it looks quite stunning.

dsc0034version2sz4.jpg

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif

They look good enough to eat!
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #3,341 of 3,960
I know, like two pieces of blueberry gummies! hmmm

A slight problem, while listening through my Macbook Pro(I know I know, no money for Go Vibe Petite yet), there is a considerable amount of noise (imagine a freight train). Will a 75 ohm adapter thing take care of the situation? I'll head down to the headphone store here in Hong Kong to try one out, man I love HK!

Aug 23, 2008 at 7:13 AM Post #3,342 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, like two pieces of blueberry gummies! hmmm

A slight problem, while listening through my Macbook Pro(I know I know, no money for Go Vibe Petite yet), there is a considerable amount of noise (imagine a freight train). Will a 75 ohm adapter thing take care of the situation? I'll head down to the headphone store here in Hong Kong to try one out, man I love HK!

Just a simple Shure volume attenuator with the volume turned down via a 4-5mm turn will do the trick.

Aug 23, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #3,343 of 3,960
oh man, thank you for that reminder, forgot about that.

My brother has one from his broken E4c, and now my static noise is gone.

Thanks again.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #3,344 of 3,960
chiefroastbeef> those look beautiful! FreQs should really have a colour sampler up so we don't go in randomly and blind for the newer colours...

also, you wouldn't want utter silence while doing weights, in case someone is trying to warn you about something falling on your head...

Aug 23, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #3,345 of 3,960
sam,

i can finally say now " i think you've nothing to worry about!!!!" I was this guy for one afternoon and he kept being so pessimistic!!

Well they look great really, very well done and congrats to the great fit!

I see you're enjoying your new mac KB as well!! ha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back