The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Aug 24, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #3,361 of 3,960
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Evil Sound Guy 7,

Run pink noise every night for a week or so - and see if that doesn't help your situation.

I cannot stress what a difference amping does in this little headphone - much as the same differences of the ES7 amped versus unamped. (amping really tightens and adds treble. I personally like the Pico combo best (others like the Predator). Try them with a better source and better files or a CD and see of it isn't the output issue (degradation of quality).

Alright, i'll see if i can find a pink noise generator for a mac and give that a shot. Thanks!

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #3,362 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilSoundGuy 7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Alright, i'll see if i can find a pink noise generator for a mac and give that a shot. Thanks!

There is also an iPhone app that does tone generation called Ambience. It's only a dollar, but then you have the convenience of having it directly on your iPhone.

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #3,363 of 3,960
I know I have kept a few of you guys waiting on the new FreQ cable design.

This is the first FreQ cable I made:
DSC.jpg

These are the current cables:
NOW WITH GOLD PINS!

blackiemcble.jpg

whiteiemcble.jpg

upclose.jpg

D.jpg

This is what the other black cable looks like on my setup.
The white Teflon is more stiff than the black - don't know why - but whatever. I have currently: The original 22awg cryo OFHC copper cable with silver pins and extension cable, 1M black highly stranded 65%silver-34% copper cable with gold pins and gold Neutrik plugs, 1.5M (the one I am using) Black (same as above), and 1.5M White (same as above).

I was pushed into a concrete wall by a person running at the entrance to the train station, so the original cable had a small ding which has been repaired. If someone wants that cable with the extension I will send it at parts cost. I am only 100% sure that these cables work with FreQ, but should be compatible with whatever the FreQ cable fits (Westone?).

Yeah, managed to find gold plated wire to make the pins from - YAY!

Aug 25, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #3,364 of 3,960
Wow, those look amazing! I really should learn how to do cables... You should make a step by step tutorial! (just kidding, but seriously)

How much did the parts alone cost you? Including shipping and what not?

Aug 25, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #3,367 of 3,960
You should buy it then! I wish I had the money...

Here are my Freqs in the backyard:

dsc0004version2yv8.jpg

I just finished building it, I had to wire the Freqs from the 2nd floor balcony, down the stairs, and through the backyard door.
icon10.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #3,368 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should buy it then! I wish I had the money...

Here are my Freqs in the backyard:

dsc0004version2yv8.jpg

I just finished building it, I had to wire the Freqs from the 2nd floor balcony, down the stairs, and through the backyard door.
icon10.gif

...now I'm going to have to go buy some Legos to play with.
biggrin.gif
those were always my favorite.

Aug 25, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #3,369 of 3,960
You should! The designs are getting better and better, year by year.

I don't know about you, but the chicken leg on the grill is making me hungry.
popcorn.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #3,370 of 3,960
Quote:

You should! The designs are getting better and better, year by year.

I don't know about you, but the chicken leg on the grill is making me hungry.
popcorn.gif

Cartoon/Lego food always looks the best.

Lego needs to make a Qdoba burrito piece. I'd be all over that!
beerchug.gif

...back on topic. Freqs are out for delivery...now I have to wait all day at work before I can run home to get them. Silly real world responsibilities.
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 11:01 AM Post #3,371 of 3,960
I wish the best of luck to ya! I really hope they fit you. Be sure to post a picture when you get them.

I can go for a Lego Chalupa right about now.

Aug 25, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #3,372 of 3,960
good tot see tht FreQ is being more liberal with the amount of blue dye used.. i like the colour very much.. makes me wonder why the hell i bought my FreQShow's so damn early.. %&^*

Aug 25, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #3,373 of 3,960
Quote:

I wish the best of luck to ya! I really hope they fit you. Be sure to post a picture when you get them.

I can go for a Lego Chalupa right about now.

I'll get pictures up as soon as I can tonight, although I don't have any architecturally sophisticated Legos to showcase them with.
smily_headphones1.gif
Maybe I can find something around the house.

Really interested in seeing how the translucent colors came out!

Aug 25, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #3,374 of 3,960
Just received the FreqShows and am currently jamming with them. I think the fit is perfect. Not tight feeling, but snug. I don't have to force them in my ear and they are easy to take out.

I tried the seal test found here
http://www.sensaphonics.com/test/index.html

I can hear the deep bass and the higher pitch sound. I'm not sure what a good seal feels like with customs, but the bass is perfect. It's both thumpin and deep.

Here are some pictures. I tried to have a light translucent inner ear and a dark translucent outer ear, both in black color. Can't really tell a difference, but I don't mind. I think they look great!

img1415yg1.jpg

img1412il3.jpg

img1414lp1.jpg

img1420tg0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back